User Tag List

12 Last

Default Socionics Test the same as Mbti?

socionics test
    I took this socionics test

I was wondering if the results INFP( Yesenin), INTP (Balzac) and others are the same as mbti?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

That Socionics test measures a lot of things that don't have any real correlate in the MBTI, and your Socionics type can differ from your Myers-Briggs type by one, two, and perhaps even three or four letters (although that would be extremely unlikely if not outright impossible).
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

I think the socionics INFp is closer to INFJ actually (they're both Ni-Fe btw.. and the functions are similarly defined). The reason why the "J" and "P" is switched is simply because of the leading function: Since Ni leading is a perceiving function it means you're "P" in Socionics. Since Fi is judging, you get a J.

If you've ever seen that one woman with a INFJ website named Vicky Jo, she would easily be a Socionics INFp and MBTI INFJ. You can tell that she's a Fe type at least. But there's apparently a lot of INFJs who don't identify with her, so maybe that isn't a clear example..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

there is a list of several socionics tests here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Tests-Database

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Why is it you can be anything on socionics while being, say, an ISFP on mbti then?
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Why is it you can be anything on socionics while being, say, an ISFP on mbti then?
    Two different faces to the personality. Individually you think as an ISFP, but you can express yourself differently in a social/group/relationship situation giving you a different Sociotype.

This does not mean that you won't match up with your type. Consistency in character would be the reason.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Absolutely not.

I know someone who is a Jungian ISTJ who fits the ISFj description in Socionics perfectly...but remember, in Socionics, ISFj has Fi/Te just like an ISTJ does in Jung. The difference being is that ISFj supposedly has Se in Socionics...but you read the description, it doesn't sound very Se at all, but quite reserved and perfectionistic, with sly humor.

In Socionics I look like an SEE, I totally look like an ESFp, but I feel like I relate to some things about both the ESFp and ISFp descriptions...even though in Socionics ISFp has Si...???

The ESFj description in Socionics sounds just like my Keirsey ESFJ friend, though.

So with some people they may have the exact same type, others not so much.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think the socionics INFp is closer to INFJ actually (they're both Ni-Fe btw.. and the functions are similarly defined). The reason why the "J" and "P" is switched is simply because of the leading function: Since Ni leading is a perceiving function it means you're "P" in Socionics. Since Fi is judging, you get a J.

If you've ever seen that one woman with a INFJ website named Vicky Jo, she would easily be a Socionics INFp and MBTI INFJ. You can tell that she's a Fe type at least. But there's apparently a lot of INFJs who don't identify with her, so maybe that isn't a clear example..
    Vicky Jo seems like a pushy Fe type, almost ENFJ-like, and in Socionics she would probably be INFp-Fe as opposed to INFp-Ni.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Absolutely not.

I know someone who is a Jungian ISTJ who fits the ISFj description in Socionics perfectly...but remember, in Socionics, ISFj has Fi/Te just like an ISTJ does in Jung. The difference being is that ISFj supposedly has Se in Socionics...but you read the description, it doesn't sound very Se at all, but quite reserved and perfectionistic, with sly humor.

In Socionics I look like an SEE, I totally look like an ESFp, but I feel like I relate to some things about both the ESFp and ISFp descriptions...even though in Socionics ISFp has Si...???

The ESFj description in Socionics sounds just like my Keirsey ESFJ friend, though.

So with some people they may have the exact same type, others not so much.

I am an ENFP in MBTI, but an ENFj in socionics (I am not a delta like the socionics ENFp. Beta Quadra ftw! lol)
    in fact, I think a lot of ENFPs would probably be ESFj or ESFp in socionics
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post

I am an ENFP in MBTI, but an ENFj in socionics (I am not a delta like the socionics ENFp. Beta Quadra ftw! lol)
    in fact, I think a lot of ENFPs would probably be ESFj or ESFp in socionics
    I still don't think you're ENFP here. Socionics ENjs Hidden Agenda Se is still similar to ENJ Tert Se here too. They're like.. umm.. almost overcompensating with it. Sort of more aspiring/ambitious than actual Se egos. You display these traits. ENPs reject that sense of focus and power hungryness, in either system. They're scatterbrains and have a more childlike view of things.