• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics Test the same as Mbti?

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That Socionics test measures a lot of things that don't have any real correlate in the MBTI, and your Socionics type can differ from your Myers-Briggs type by one, two, and perhaps even three or four letters (although that would be extremely unlikely if not outright impossible).

KDude

I think the socionics INFp is closer to INFJ actually (they're both Ni-Fe btw.. and the functions are similarly defined). The reason why the "J" and "P" is switched is simply because of the leading function: Since Ni leading is a perceiving function it means you're "P" in Socionics. Since Fi is judging, you get a J.

If you've ever seen that one woman with a INFJ website named Vicky Jo, she would easily be a Socionics INFp and MBTI INFJ. You can tell that she's a Fe type at least. But there's apparently a lot of INFJs who don't identify with her, so maybe that isn't a clear example..

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why is it you can be anything on socionics while being, say, an ISFP on mbti then?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Why is it you can be anything on socionics while being, say, an ISFP on mbti then?

Two different faces to the personality. Individually you think as an ISFP, but you can express yourself differently in a social/group/relationship situation giving you a different Sociotype.

This does not mean that you won't match up with your type. Consistency in character would be the reason.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Absolutely not.

I know someone who is a Jungian ISTJ who fits the ISFj description in Socionics perfectly...but remember, in Socionics, ISFj has Fi/Te just like an ISTJ does in Jung. The difference being is that ISFj supposedly has Se in Socionics...but you read the description, it doesn't sound very Se at all, but quite reserved and perfectionistic, with sly humor.

In Socionics I look like an SEE, I totally look like an ESFp, but I feel like I relate to some things about both the ESFp and ISFp descriptions...even though in Socionics ISFp has Si...???

The ESFj description in Socionics sounds just like my Keirsey ESFJ friend, though.

So with some people they may have the exact same type, others not so much.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think the socionics INFp is closer to INFJ actually (they're both Ni-Fe btw.. and the functions are similarly defined). The reason why the "J" and "P" is switched is simply because of the leading function: Since Ni leading is a perceiving function it means you're "P" in Socionics. Since Fi is judging, you get a J.

If you've ever seen that one woman with a INFJ website named Vicky Jo, she would easily be a Socionics INFp and MBTI INFJ. You can tell that she's a Fe type at least. But there's apparently a lot of INFJs who don't identify with her, so maybe that isn't a clear example..

Vicky Jo seems like a pushy Fe type, almost ENFJ-like, and in Socionics she would probably be INFp-Fe as opposed to INFp-Ni.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Absolutely not.

I know someone who is a Jungian ISTJ who fits the ISFj description in Socionics perfectly...but remember, in Socionics, ISFj has Fi/Te just like an ISTJ does in Jung. The difference being is that ISFj supposedly has Se in Socionics...but you read the description, it doesn't sound very Se at all, but quite reserved and perfectionistic, with sly humor.

In Socionics I look like an SEE, I totally look like an ESFp, but I feel like I relate to some things about both the ESFp and ISFp descriptions...even though in Socionics ISFp has Si...???

The ESFj description in Socionics sounds just like my Keirsey ESFJ friend, though.

So with some people they may have the exact same type, others not so much.

:yes:

I am an ENFP in MBTI, but an ENFj in socionics (I am not a delta like the socionics ENFp. Beta Quadra ftw! lol)
in fact, I think a lot of ENFPs would probably be ESFj or ESFp in socionics

KDude

:yes:

I am an ENFP in MBTI, but an ENFj in socionics (I am not a delta like the socionics ENFp. Beta Quadra ftw! lol)
in fact, I think a lot of ENFPs would probably be ESFj or ESFp in socionics

I still don't think you're ENFP here. Socionics ENjs Hidden Agenda Se is still similar to ENJ Tert Se here too. They're like.. umm.. almost overcompensating with it. Sort of more aspiring/ambitious than actual Se egos. You display these traits. ENPs reject that sense of focus and power hungryness, in either system. They're scatterbrains and have a more childlike view of things.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still don't think you're ENFP here. Socionics ENjs Hidden Agenda Se is still similar to ENJ Tert Se here too. They're like.. umm.. almost overcompensating with it. Sort of more aspiring/ambitious than actual Se egos. You display these traits. ENPs reject that sense of focus and power hungryness, in either system. They're scatterbrains and have a more childlike view of things.

there is no doubt in my mind I am an ENFP in MBTI. hasn't been for years other than I/E and a few lame attempts at attention whoring/trying to get other's opinions (of which, none were convincing)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
JCF =/= Socionics.

They. Are. Different.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Perhaps it is because they dont like her pushy nature? In fairness I must admit im not particularly warm towards her; mainly because she seems like one of those superficial people who is so enamoured of their own type.

As if whatever someone of her type accomplishes she also accomplishes. In any case she is also projects a pretentious, superior air which really makes my teeth itch, (or ache as it is right now), not to mention she strikes me as one of those people who revels in being a rare type...assuming she is of course.

But rareness of type is something that I find extremely questionable, the only truth is that there is a larger amount of idiots than intelligent people. But to me this has nothing to do with any type, although some statistics may say otherwise, but they are flawed by the nature of what they are measuring.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Perhaps it is because they dont like her pushy nature? In fairness I must admit im not particularly warm towards her; mainly because she seems like one of those superficial people who is so enamoured of their own type.

I want to stab her in the face with a spork, and I don't hate all Fe doms. My bff from high school is an ENFJ, several of my closest intimates are or have been ESFJs, I've dated a couple ISFJs and I tend to whatever reason have more troubles with INFJ *males* on the Intertardz than INFJ females, but of course all people of a type aren't the same.

She's just the personification of everything I don't like about an Fe type, I guess.

As if whatever someone of her type accomplishes she also accomplishes. In any case she is also projects a pretentious, superior air which really makes my teeth itch, (or ache as it is right now), not to mention she strikes me as one of those people who revels in being a rare type...assuming she is of course.

But rareness of type is something that I find extremely questionable, the only truth is that there is a larger amount of idiots than intelligent people. But to me this has nothing to do with any type, although some statistics may say otherwise, but they are flawed by the nature of what they are measuring.

Yes, it is her self-congratulatory nature, and ...I guess I can't see what she's being self-congratulatory about, so I can't agree with her. If she were pretentious about art or food, maybe I could get with the program, but she's no wine connoisseur or music/film critic. She's just irritating as hell.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I want to stab her in the face with a spork, and I don't hate all Fe doms. My bff from high school is an ENFJ, several of my closest intimates are or have been ESFJs, I've dated a couple ISFJs and I tend to whatever reason have more troubles with INFJ *males* on the Intertardz than INFJ females, but of course all people of a type aren't the same.

She's just the personification of everything I don't like about an Fe type, I guess.

Yes, it is her self-congratulatory nature, and ...I guess I can't see what she's being self-congratulatory about, so I can't agree with her. If she were pretentious about art or food, maybe I could get with the program, but she's no wine connoisseur or music/film critic. She's just irritating as hell.

This is pretty much it. Obviously this is off topic...but gawwd does she annoy me.

Damn. That's pretty harsh.

Hey no one said feelers were nice....oh wait....

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Oh by the way this is more relevant, not sure where I got it from but I found this test:

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/#The-Original-Socionics-Test

Also I scored this: Test Results

Your Sociotype: LII-2Ne (INTj)

Other Possible Types
1. EII (INFj): 93% as likely as LII.
2. IEI (INFp): 83% as likely as LII.
3. EIE (ENFj): 79% as likely as LII.

Im guessing I somehow...did the test wrong? But of course these tests cant be wrong....right? Afterall it isnt about right or wrong but rather about accuracy.

In any case I definitely wasnt expecting those results.

G

garbage

The functions that Socionics uses are labeled in the same way that MBTI's are, but its interpretations of the functions are at least slightly different. Bam, you can be different types in the two systems.

Socionics's four-letter notation (e.g. ENFp) is more for 'convenience' anyway; people usually use the three-letter notation (e.g. IEE). That three-letter notation also helps 'distance' the two systems.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Do you people read the descriptions? Seriously, the types sound the same, even if the function descriptions in isolation are different. I would think someone was seriously confused if they thought, for instance, that they were an INFP in MBTI and an SEE in socionics.

I don't get it.