• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

CREAX Creativity Self-Assessment

KDude

@Vamp: I live in San Antonio. If only if it was "wet" more often. This place is like some scene out of the wild west sometimes. :cool:

I don't doubt your reasoning though. Occasionally I can think like that.. But I don't think I do fulltime.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
@Vamp: I live in San Antonio. If only if it was "wet" more often. This place is like some scene out of the wild west sometimes. :cool:

I don't doubt your reasoning though. Occasionally I can think like that.. But I don't think I do fulltime.

Took it again and got 68.38. It seems I missed a page last time by over-clicking ...page three was completely unfamiliar to me, so that's probably what slightly raised my score, because I still don't see a connection between "Wet" and "Armadillo" but Texas and ear.

I like structure, I think.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm convinced that the bit with connecting the words (the "armadillo" part) features completely unrelated words and that you were scored not on correctly identifying connections, but simply on the number of boxes you clicked. I guess they figured if you can see a connection where none exists, that's creative.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
You're quite self-righteous and you kind of lost my respect way back when you got so offended by Edgar.

Who's Edgar? That was a useless post; I don't need your respect to function. What the fuck? Like I'm supposed to care about some chick on a message board loosing respect for me for some piddly little reason I can't even remember. You've lost touch with reality.

I'm telling you folks to stop taking away from the scores of others. "people who got high scores must be just picking the weirdest answers" is not constructive or helpful and reads like someone who is mad that they didn't get a high score and taking it out on others. So butthurt that some random internet test doesn't tell you what you want to hear that you try to invalidate others' results. Classy.

I'm convinced that the bit with connecting the words (the "armadillo" part) features completely unrelated words and that you were scored not on correctly identifying connections, but simply on the number of boxes you clicked. I guess they figured if you can see a connection where none exists, that's creative.

How do you know for sure that none exists? That's just YOUR perspective on things.

I like how people are basically saying "I didn't see anything there so there isn't anything there. Anyone who sees anything there is just being random." because that's logical and mature. What works for you works for everyone, right?

There are other parts of Texas. There's even hot, sticky marshland and places with trees. If you thought of it as the wild west (which it is, historically) that could cloud your perception. The Wild West, historically, included plains, wet land and the dessert so the wild west wasn't just that one thing therefore Texas isn't just that one thing.

That's the point of the test and why some people see all the choices as "random" and in no way connected. You've already put "texas" in a box in your mind. If you put anything else into a box like that were it could only be one or two things it becomes inflexible and the test scores you low.

But oh well, just because you guys didn't see the connections definitely means there are none. Yup.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Who's Edgar? That was a useless post; I don't need your respect to function. What the fuck? Like I'm supposed to care about some chick on a message board loosing respect for me for some piddly little reason I can't even remember. You've lost touch with reality.

Oh, you know, one of the countless people you've gone off on for no apparent reason in your irrational, childish fits of pique.

I'm telling you folks to stop taking away from the scores of others. "people who got high scores must be just picking the weirdest answers" is not constructive or helpful and reads like someone who is mad that they didn't get a high score and taking it out on others. So butthurt that some random internet test doesn't tell you what you want to hear that you try to invalidate others' results. Classy.

I'm not butthurt at all. I was just expressing my opinion, but it was in no way directed at you, you just chose to take it that way, because apparently you're the person who is ALMOST CONSTANTLY butthurt about something. I don't base my self-esteem or creativity on an Internet test. I actually question the validity of this test much in the same way Tawanda did.

G

Ginkgo

72.56, scoring highest in connection, perspective, abstraction, and curiosity, but shittily in persistence. Pretty well in paradox as well.

... You don't want to know how I related armadillo with wet and laptop... :cheese:

G

Ginkgo

Between everything that exists, there is a connection. Everything is connected through thinghood, even between things that are non-existent. There is an infinite number of ways things are connected! It's just a matter of uncovering them and tearing down the mental brick. :)

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
87.53 highest in boldness, complexity, paradox, curiosity

there were no rules about how the words are to be connected. if you impose strict rules upon yourself or feel compelled to impose rules upon yourself - you're prone to self-censorship, which hinders creativity. it's like brainstorming - if you let your thoughts flow - a random great thought might appear amidst the mess.

raw creativity doesn't necessarily mean you're any good at applying your creativity to solve problems though - you might just be random and silly and useless. :banana:

agree test is too word-based.

KDude

But oh well, just because you guys didn't see the connections definitely means there are none. Yup.

I'm not even criticizing you or saying what you can't think. I'm happy with my score, if that makes you feel better. If anything, I'm just pointing how my instinct to be critical and/or self-referential does me in. I can think of these different possibilities, but the way my mind works is to cut down options a bit.

DoctorYikes

MBTI Type
ISTP
Alrighty. I am apparently the least creative person on the Internets so far. Am I the only one with a below-average score?

About 61. I did get a nudge over average on Paradox and Perspective.

This actually doesn't surprise me too much. For all my various bits of awesomeness, I wouldn't place creativity among them. Woe's me, etc.

MBTI Type
INTJ
How do you know for sure that none exists? That's just YOUR perspective on things.

I like how people are basically saying "I didn't see anything there so there isn't anything there. Anyone who sees anything there is just being random." because that's logical and mature. What works for you works for everyone, right?

Whoa, slow down there, cowboy. I said that's what I believe. And I do. Who said I know for sure? And what does it have to do with maturity? Dial it down a notch. You may be creative, but you get an F in reading comprehension.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Who's Edgar?

Let me remind you:

^^Mature. Nice introvert.

Troll co-op? How about you add to the subject? Say anything meaningful? Or stereotype, whatever.
I'd love to hear what rigid thoughts an intj negativity beam has to say about FPs. It's nice to have an intj around to dictate to individuals what their type means. I don't know what I'd do without that dose of uninformed, passive aggressive, slightly trollish, small minded thinking about a group of types I fall into.

Not saying other types don't have the right to comment on other types but when all you've got to say is some snark out of the side of your mealy mouth, maybe you should keep it shut.

rav3n

84.73 Boldness, curiosity, complexity and paradox.

Sincerely shocking since I wasn't trying to be creative.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Whoa, slow down there, cowboy. I said that's what I believe. And I do. Who said I know for sure? And what does it have to do with maturity? Dial it down a notch. You may be creative, but you get an F in reading comprehension.

Sorry, I dialed in my frustration at other posters' (look up a few posts to understand the context) insistence that anyone who got a high score couldn't possibly have been able to connect all the words. It just sounds like whining because they (or you) it didn't work for them (or you since you fall into that "everyone is just making stuff up" camp).

Let me remind you:

You're hella well adjusted if you keep a log of every time someone back talks you and are ready to bring it into every unrelated thread just to get yourself over. Weird. I smell a clique. .. .

84.73 Boldness, curiosity, complexity and paradox.

Sincerely shocking since I wasn't trying to be creative.

Pffft. You just randomly picked answers out of thin air. [/according those with lower scores]

rav3n

agree test is too word-based.
Wasn't even certain what the first few pages of text-based questions had to do with creativity. Just because you have certain workplace preferences, doesn't necessarily mean you're creative.

rav3n

Pffft. You just randomly picked answers out of thin air. [/according those with lower scores]
Not worth getting riled about. I don't consider myself that creative anyways, although when it comes to work place solutions, maybe so.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
vamp, for someone who is supposedly creative/free thinking you're pretty up tight. go mix yourself a mai tai or something.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
vamp, for someone who is supposedly creative/free thinking you're pretty up tight. go mix yourself a mai tai or something.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? All I said was "it is possible some people can connect the words". I may have said it harshly (the way they claimed that anyone who scores high is being random was harsh) but that's all I'm saying. Then here comes marmalade with some pointless info about how she doesn't respect me because of some guy named Edgar who comes in with a direct quote. Who's more uptight in that situation? Me saying something simple or the folks adding (pointless and unrelated) baggage?

What kind of person says "I don't respect you" in response to someone saying "it is possible to score high without being random"? Is that a reasonable response in your opinion, a kind of personal attack based on some random internet posting? Seems like she's the uptight one to me.

Someone else whines. Stages a bizarre personal attack and I'm the uptight one.
Cuckoo.

Not worth getting riled about. I don't consider myself that creative anyways, although when it comes to work place solutions, maybe so.

Sarcasm. That was a sarcasm tag.

Last edited: