• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

CREAX Creativity Self-Assessment

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I scored 78,41. I scored low on complexity, average on perspective and persistence and high on the rest. I believe I got the maximum score for Boldness.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think it's a very good test for the very reasons described above. It is not likely to be sound from a psychometric standpoint.

I've been told by a number of people over the years that I'm creative (e.g. marked as "top quality" by every client evaluating me in my LinkedIn profile). The first time I took DISC, my type pattern was the "Creative" type. This test would seem to indicate that I'm not especially creative. Therefore I presume it is either wrong or it is measuring only certain aspects of creativity.

Don't feel bad. Everyone who knows me sees me as extremely creative, adaptable, flexibility, and shifting gears between perspectives like mad... and I score in all those types in whatever personality tests I take.

I didn't even break a 61 in this one.

Whatever they're testing, I have no clue what the heck it is.

In fact, pretty much all my scores were about even... except for my abstraction score, which was a bit higher...

I'm not sure how they calculated the creative stuff at the end, either, but I hope it was just a backend test for them to compare earlier scores to words submitted.... because anyone can jack up their score otherwise putting nonsensical words into the little fields. I could have put 50 of them. In fact, I shall go try!

EDIT: I jammed the word fields with 50-60 words each; my boldness, complexity, and curiosity scores dropped slightly, my abstraction and persistence scores increased. My score went up to 61.7 (almost a whole point).

Now I'll go back and mark all the checkboxes on the prior page.

EDIT EDIT: Marking all the checkboxes resulted in a large increase. My score is now over 66, and my persistence and abstraction and connection ranking increased significantly.

I hope I'm not buggering up their test score database too much, but I think allowing self-reported positive indication on incoherent answers is just silly and ruins any validity for the test at least on the user end.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
UPDATE: Yeah, the test is just crap.

Basically, creativity is balanced against structure.
So the less you operate with structure, the more creative you are assumed to be, and vice versa.

I went through and answered ALL the questions in the most "open" form possible -- not wanting structure, being open to all sides, not wanting stability, being emotional, etc. (Think as EFP as you could get on the MBTI test.)

My score? 94.73

And the blue area now takes up much of the map, it greatly dwarfs the dotted area.

So congrats... the more EFP you are, the more creative you are.
(And you poor ITJs are out of luck!)

Sunny Ghost

I'm not sure how I feel about self assessment tests like this. I tried to answer as honestly as possible.

Scored higher than average on Paradox, complexity, curiosity, perspective and connection, with paradox being my highest point on the graph. Wasn't sure how to post the graph. I'm not sure how much I agree with these... :thinking:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

So the less you operate with structure, the more creative you are assumed to be, and vice versa.

I went through and answered ALL the questions in the most "open" form possible -- not wanting structure, being open to all sides, not wanting stability, being emotional, etc. (Think as EFP as you could get on the MBTI test.)

My score? 94.73

And the blue area now takes up much of the map, it greatly dwarfs the dotted area.

Oh no, this is bad news for me Jen, enfp and only scored 75.9... i must be double uncreative then. :cry:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Test:

Do you consider yourself a creative person?
a) Yes
b) No

If you have answered yes, then you are a creative person.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh no, this is bad news for me Jen, enfp and only scored 75.9... i must be double uncreative then. :cry:

Aw. :( :hug:

(If you were creative, you'd market yourself as "The World's Most Structured ENFP" and make a lot of money!)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Test:

Do you consider yourself a creative person?
a) Yes
b) No

If you have answered yes, then you are a creative person.

I'm going to answer purple! I'm thinking out of the box! I'm creative!! :smile:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I see no use in tests which measure my subjective opinion about myself.

I might as well ask myself.

The downside of asking myself is that I'm more critical than the test.

In the end it's just a form of validation.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
The same thing happens with MBTI.

it seems we have a pattern here.

028-sherlock-01.png

P

Phantonym

Complexity, abstraction and perspective being a bit higher than "typical". It's a good thing I don't get my self-esteem from random tests taken on the internet. :D

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think it's about identity.

Answering to: Who am I?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Retook this test... got 82.59... this is much more like it.

attachment.php

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

My score? 94.73

I got 43.66 :laugh:

To be fair, I'm actually not creative at all... but the way this test attempts to measure creativity is just... is just... LOL

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got 43.66 :laugh:

To be fair, I'm actually not creative at all... but the way this test attempts to measure creativity is just... is just... LOL

The test seems to be biased towards the stereotypically N brand of creativity.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I was above average in every category.

Highest scores in Boldness and Curiosity.

I was substantially above average in everything but Perseverance and Complexity (I was only slightly above average in these categories).