User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MBTI Trainer Test with Real-Time Scoring

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar

That's it! Now check out your MBTI Type profile below in the links box

Your MBTI Type is >>> ESTx
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Tier 1 Member Array LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    7w6 so/sp

Cool arrows, though they didn't move in real-time.

"Your MBTI Type is >>> xNTP"

Good test. I got INTJ again though...

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

I'm off the chart on P
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

I've had a bit of trouble with some double negatives...
    In the beginning I had a lot of answers counting towards "I" but the later ones rescued me from total introversion . Both N-S and T-F arrows hopped around a bit, more or less according to expectation. And for some reason or another... I'm suddenly a very strong Judger! I'm an INTJ!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Tier 1 Member Array LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    7w6 so/sp

^The test must be broken

It might have something to do with developing Judging-related skills. I think that is what threw off my test scores for awhile and made me look strongly INTx. Now that I'm a little more chill and tried to answer how I am more instinctively, suddenly I am very P and very balanced on E/I.

...that, and/or the test doesn't take functions into account at all and is no good at J/P

^ I don't think it's based on functions. Each answer counts towards one of the letters. And I get this "strong J" because the J/P questions mainly hit on my J side. I almost always thought - yes, that's right, I'm a J in that aspect.
    - I like deadlines, which counted several times towards J. The reason is that I need external pressure. They never asked if I could set up deadlines/shedules myself and keep to them.
    - I like a bit of structure in my life, and I'm happy if other people take care of that.
    But would a true Judger get up at 4 o'clock in the night to jot down a sentence or two and then forget to go to bed again?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Senior Member Array

INTP. Only introversion is strong, the other arrows are quite close to the center, especially T-F and P-J.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    The dials didn't work for me
    Sorry so tardy to answer you.

The needles move in real-time when you use the trainer.
    Doing so with the test proper would invalidate the results because you start getting cues as to how an answer will score.

Within a month I'll have to break the link because I've been informed that I have infringed on the "MBTI" brand name. Below is a post I made at INTPc.

I must have overlooked/deleted the prior E-mail as spam.

You know you're getting somewhere when the Director of Legal Operations takes the time to send you 3 pages via locked PDF.

================================================== ===========

June 20, 2011

Re: Trademark Infringement at
    CPP Ref. No.: CPP-778 MBTI 9000.Tripod

Dear Sir,
    As you may remember, I am the Director of Legal Operations at CPP, Inc. (“CPP”). CPP is
    the exclusive licensee of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®, MBTI® and Myers-Briggs®
    trademarks and the exclusive publisher of the MBTI instrument. I am writing today to
    follow up on my letter from February 24, 2011 regarding trademark misuse and brand
    confusion on the website

Again, CPP is not accusing you of any intentional wrongdoing, and I trust that you will be
    willing to make the changes requested. As a personality type enthusiast, I hope you will see
    the value in protecting the reputation of the MBTI instrument.

I would also like to alert you that by infringing on CPP’s trademarks, you are in violation of
    the Lycos Terms of Service, Lycos is the parent company of
    Tripod, the site which hosts your webpages. The TOS lists the following as Prohibited
    Upload, post, e-mail, otherwise transmit, or post links to any Content
    that infringes any patent, trademark, service mark, trade secret, copyright
    or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party, or contributing to
    inducing or facilitating such infringement.

Although CPP hopes to work with you directly, if we do not hear from you about the issues
    addressed in this letter by August 1st, 2011, CPP will contact Lycos to request removal of the
    infringing material from your website.

The issues on your site relate to trademark misuse and brand confusion, a form of trademark
    infringement. Affected pages include your homepage ( and
    two other pages: and These pages are listed for your
    convenience; however, you are responsible for applying the requested changes to all relevant
    webpages, whether listed or not.

Brand Confusion
    As I described in my last letter, brand confusion is a specific kind of trademark infringement
    which occurs when a brand name is used to label another product. I have included a new
    FAQ sheet which I hope will help you understand the issue. If you have any questions,
    please contact me for assistance.

CPP takes issue with the name “MBTI9000”, which is both your site’s name and the name
    of a personality test on your website. Since this test is not the MBTI assessment, labeling it
    with the MBTI trademark constitutes trademark infringement (brand confusion). It is also
    inaccurate and misleading to your site’s visitors.

CPP must respectfully demand that you cease and desist with all potential brand confusion
    between your quiz and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment tool. Eliminating brand
    confusion will involve removing the MBTI, Myers-Briggs, and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
    trademarks from much of your website. This includes, but is not limited to, trademarks used
    in your website name, in descriptive texts, and in the headlines and links associated with
    your personality type quizzes. Since the MBTI trademark is embedded in your Tripod
    website name, you will need to work with Tripod to cancel or change the name MBTI9000
    to remove the MBTI trademark.

As a suggestion, an efficient and accurate alternative to using the MBTI trademarks on your
    website may be to use more generic terms, such as “personality type” and “personality type
    test”. Naturally, you may use the trademarked names when referring to the actual MBTI
    instrument or its development. Please contact me if you have any questions about this.
    Trademark Guidelines

Once you have eliminated brand confusion from your website, please apply CPP’s
    Trademark Guidelines to any pages
    on your site which still include CPP’s trademarks. If you need assistance or clarification
    about this, do not hesitate to contact me.

To summarize, this is a second legal notice from CPP demanding that you eliminate brand
    confusion on your website, Specifically, CPP asks that you
    remove the MBTI family of trademarks from your website name and from association with
    the personality test currently called “MBTI9000”.
    CPP hopes for your cooperation in this matter and is willing to work with you to resolve
    these issues. However, if we do not hear from you by August 1st, 2011, CPP will contact
    Lycos (Tripod) directly and request that your website be removed or blocked for violation of
    CPP’s intellectual property rights.
    Please contact me immediately with confirmation that you will abide by the requests
    outlined in this letter. Again, feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if you need
    assistance with any of CPP’s requests. I may be reached at

Marie A. Murray
    Director, Legal Operations
    CPP, Inc.
    MBTI, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and Myers-Briggs are registered trademarks of the MBTI Trust, Inc.
    The CPP logo is a registered trademark of CPP, Inc.

Without the Wind Gauge nor Letter of Marque, it appears the good ship Orion's Revenge stands no chance against the First Rate HMS Corporate Victory.

So it seems I will shortly haul down the colors and prepare to offer Anal Osculation
    "The only real valuable thing is intuition." Albert Einstein
    "My mind seems to have become a kind of machine for grinding general laws out of large collections of facts." Charles Darwin