• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My function test

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
What? Extroverts getting strong intro functions, introverts geting strong extro functions, feelers getting thinking functions and thinkers getting feeling functions! It's like you can't possibly get the thing that you are supposed to!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You are most likely an INFP.

Te: 4
Fe:3
Ti: 11
Fi:14

Se:5
Ne:13
Si:2
Ni:10

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What? Extroverts getting strong intro functions, introverts geting strong extro functions, feelers getting thinking functions and thinkers getting feeling functions! It's like you can't possibly get the thing that you are supposed to!

To the contrary I dont think it's all that strange that Mystic Tater, for example, has more Ti than some INFPs or if I have a buttload of Si. All of us are different, it's irrational to think we neatly have the same strength in the exact function order of type.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, I think that would also be good. My only possible gripe with that is that don't many Fi users do this as well if they find something they feel is important? Anyway, it provides a good aspect of Ti I don't often consider (or hear about).

Fi and Ti can be quite similar. It's the focus that differntiates between them more than the style. The second one one could also apply to an IFP, especially if the skill in question is one that has value to them, though they tend to focus more on how the skill can be used as a form of expression, rather than just the skill itself.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Fi and Ti can be quite similar. It's the focus that differntiates between them more than the style. The second one one could also apply to an IFP, especially if the skill in question is one that has value to them, though they tend to focus more on how the skill can be used as a form of expression, rather than just the skill itself.

I have made one of the Fi questions "I always focus and act on what feels right to me and devote my interests to things I feel strongly about. " though I think I may change it to "I like to express myself and what is important to me through my hobbies and interests." if you think that would be better.

I also have a Ti question that goes "I am a perfectionist in areas that appeal to me from a technical or logical standpoint, regardless of practical value."

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Don't feel too frustrated about it. The results I received are confusing, but only in the precise way that I feel confused when typing myself. Your questions seemed a lot easier for me to answer than other tests I've taken, they seemed more uhh, relevant.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I checked it out, looked at the second question and thought "OMG!" and closed the window

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I checked it out, looked at the second question and thought "OMG!" and closed the window

Because it's innacurate? Or too simplistic? Or because youhave some aversion to Fe questions? Or is that some joke I don't understand?

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Actually I thought it worked pretty well for me. Scored my type correctly, Strong Ne and Ni, Fe stronger than Si - I'd agree with all of that.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Also, another aspect which makes it difficult to gauge the success of the test is that differentiation from other test scores MAY NOT be due to a flaw in my test (though of course it also may be) but in the normal test in some of the dodgier definitions.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
You are most likely an INTP. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 7

Fe:5

Ti: 13

Fi:11

Se:1

Ne:4

Si:5

Ni:9

Edit: I dont think this is a very good test, eventhough its an opening for those that believe Im not INTP. Can I congratulate you on creating a test that is good for backrubbing peoples preconcieved preferences.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Edit: I dont think this is a very good test, eventhough its an opening for those that believe Im not INTP. Can I congratulate you on creating a test that is good for backrubbing peoples preconcieved preferences.

I am open to criticism, but please, might you explain WHY it is a bad test?

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I thought I explained that.

Edit: There is nothing new to this test but changes in words plus too much focus on your own preferences. As said by others. The result I got might give you an indication on what is wrong. You are wording you question too broadly if you ask me.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I thought I explained that.

Edit: There is nothing new to this test but changes in words plus too much focus on your own preferences. As said by others. The result I got might give you an indication on what is wrong. You are wording you question too broadly if you ask me.

On my own preference? I've tried to adhere as closely as possible to the function definition through input from a large group of people. And what does that mean exactly? I've been making the INTP options more INTP-ish? That I've made other definitions more INTP-ish?

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
okay

I have a strong desire that things in my life adhere to a logical framework and often refine ideas and concepts to fit into that framework.

Hmmmm, yes a good Ti/Ne response that most INTPs would say strongly agree on, but I dont think ISTP use Ti for that.

When others around me are unhappy, I usually become unhappy.

Mediocre Fe response. Too simplistic view of Fe. Might end up actually being the best response since its so simplistic of all the responses.

I can easily come up with an effective and inventive method for reaching a goal.

I had difficulty figuring out where this fits into any function. Is it a Te/Ni response?

I find a lot of joy in engaging in exciting physical activities.

The stereotypical Se question.

I will often spontaneously try out new and creative ideas in the real world just to test them.

Wtf? This is one of those Ne responses right? Really poor response. If I was Se dominant Id clearly say "strongly agree" to this response.

I prefer sticking to tried and true methods that have proven to be effective through my experience.

Pretty good response for Si. Just change effective to reliable.

I always focus and act on what feels right to me and devote my interests to things I feel strongly about.

Not that bad, most IXFP should go "strongly agree" to this while EXFP would go "agree" or "undecided"

I place value mostly on solid evidence when making decisions.

No comments. Might come up with some.

I strive for truth and a deeper and more accurate understanding of things by making my own logical deductions.

Good Ti response.

I frequently think up many abstract ideas and I often go on thought tangents.

I would like this response better "I frequently go on thought tangents and think up new ways of exploring different topics"

I really enjoy and feel attatched to things with sentimental value.

Hmmmmm, I dont know, I just dont like this response.

I put a lot of effort into making others happy and creating a sense of harmony in my social circle.

"I go to significant lengths for the harmony and comfort of others"

I draw conclusions quickly and easily with strong "hunches" about what is right.

This is something Fe and Fi dominant would answer strongly to.

I am steadfast in my beliefs and values and it is very difficult to persuade me against them.

WTF?? What do you mean? Si? Nooooo

I am naturally very aware of my environmental surroundings at any given time.

hmm, not the best response

I place a lot of importance on organisation and efficiency.

Te? Why cant an Ti user not answer strongly or just agree to this question?

I tend to go with most ideas that I come up with through brainstorming.

"Brainstorming and generating ideas is something I place great value on, even as insignificant they may seem to others"

I place a lot of value on my own traditions and am likely to do things the same or a similar way most of the time.

"In all areas of life, I most of the time use methods that I know I can count on and that have been proven by the test of time"

I always take time to consider whether a course of action harmonises with my values and beliefs.

Pretty good Fi response

I follow a straight line of reasoning to ensure the results are correct.

Very shaky response if answered by someone unknown to jung theory.

I examine different options and perspectives to achieve a definitive insight and refine my own vision of reality.

Hmmm yes its not bad.

I get irritated easily by poor logic am always checking for logical inconsistencies, which I am quick to point out.

Te or Ti? Because its really a dumb response that have little to do with functions.

I tend to have a good awareness of how others are feeling and feel pulled to attend to their emotional needs.

This is not a very good Fe question.

I act freely on my physical impulses and live in the moment.

"I tend to have a strong sense of being in the moment in most situations"

I have a very clear understanding of how events are likely to unfold in the future.

I have no response to this

I am a perfectionist in areas that appeal to me from a technical or logical standpoint, regardless of practical value.

I dont know where you are going with a response like this. Not funcion specific

I am very concerned with the way I am publically percieved.

again the same

I like to make sure I memorise important information so I can consult it for later use.

what do this have to do with functions?

I enjoy new and varied sensory experiences such as visiting new and exotic places.

you are losing me here.

I frequently bounce ideas off people to see what can be thought of.

Not good not bad

"I feel compelled to stand up for my idealistic notions of what is right and take action towards achieving them.

lose the last part please "I feel compelled to stand up for my idealistic notions of what is right and wrong"

I look for results, hard evidence that things have been succesful, and I do not care for subjective or theoretical judgement.

Blah

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
okay

Hmmmm, yes a good Ti/Ne response that most INTPs would say strongly agree on, but I dont think ISTP use Ti for that.

Mediocre Fe response. Too simplistic view of Fe. Might end up actually being the best response since its so simplistic of all the responses.

I had difficulty figuring out where this fits into any function. Is it a Te/Ni response?

The stereotypical Se question.

Wtf? This is one of those Ne responses right? Really poor response. If I was Se dominant Id clearly say "strongly agree" to this response.

Pretty good response for Si. Just change effective to reliable.

Not that bad, most IXFP should go "strongly agree" to this while EXFP would go "agree" or "undecided"

No comments. Might come up with some.

Good Ti response.

I would like this response better "I frequently go on thought tangents and think up new ways of exploring different topics"

Hmmmmm, I dont know, I just dont like this response.

"I go to significant lengths for the harmony and comfort of others"

This is something Fe and Fi dominant would answer strongly to.

WTF?? What do you mean? Si? Nooooo

hmm, not the best response

Te? Why cant an Ti user not answer strongly or just agree to this question?

"Brainstorming and generating ideas is something I place great value on, even as insignificant they may seem to others"

"In all areas of life, I most of the time use methods that I know I can count on and that have been proven by the test of time"

Pretty good Fi response

Very shaky response if answered by someone unknown to jung theory.

Hmmm yes its not bad.

Te or Ti? Because its really a dumb response that have little to do with functions.

This is not a very good Fe question.

"I tend to have a strong sense of being in the moment in most situations"

I have no response to this

I dont know where you are going with a response like this. Not funcion specific

again the same

what do this have to do with functions?

you are losing me here.

Not good not bad

lose the last part please "I feel compelled to stand up for my idealistic notions of what is right and wrong"

Blah

I think I'm going to wait for a second opinion on this because a lot of the things you disagree with seem to be in direct contradiction to what many other people are saying. But I'll look it over more comprehensively in the morning. You still seem to have some good ideas and points. I need to go to bed.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Mr. Holmes I think you did a decent job because many people got their expected type. I usually do test INFP these days, it's actually my most frequent result, and like I already mentioned I'm not shocked at all that it said Fi and Si are my strongest functions. I've questioned ENFP largely on the strength of my Si, though some people on here insist they see soooo much Te...I just relate to Si more, and wonder if it's why some people think I'm SFP and why people who met me in person got the "conservative" vibe. I believe that ThatsWhatHeSaid thought I was ISFJ, Orobas thought I seemed InFJ in person, didn't notice much Ne or Te at all - and admitted that she actually thought she saw Si/Fe, and a lot of people thought they saw INFP or ISFP in my most recent video, and even the person who said definitely eNFP emphasized small E.

In my opinion, your test isn't fail, and like I already pointed out, this isn't the first time it's been suggested that Mystic Tater has a bunch of Ti...I've seen some people even think he's INFJ for that reason.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:rofl1: Never got this before!

I think questions seem Fi heavy and Te light. I have no idea about Fe. Why on earth it would think F vs T, I cannot imagine. I am definitely not an F. Maybe I'm in a big Ni Fi loop. Haha!!

Your result for The Hopefully good MBTI Test ...
INFJ
Ni>Fe>Ti>Se

You are most likely an INFJ. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 8

Fe:9

Ti: 8

Fi:12

Se:8

Ne:9

Si:6

Ni:15