• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My function test

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
It's consistent with the Fi-Si tango I get on every functional test. But since the orders aren't going to line up perfectly for everyone, it would be really cool if you created some questions from the perspective of the inferior, or posted descriptions of the functions in pairs (FiSe Fi seems to be slightly different from FiNe Fi, for instance).

I have thought of doing tandem functions, but the main 2 issues are a) Sometimes 2 sets of function pairs can give very similar results and b) It would be difficult or impossible to accurately gauge what level of importance to give each choice since there is already a different answer layout here. For example, how much is an FiNe function pair worth in comparison to an Fi or Ne question? It's sketchy science, especially since I can only change them by whole numbers.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
It's consistent with the Fi-Si tango I get on every functional test. But since the orders aren't going to line up perfectly for everyone, it would be really cool if you created some questions from the perspective of the inferior, or posted descriptions of the functions in pairs (FiSe Fi seems to be slightly different from FiNe Fi, for instance).

I have thought of doing tandem functions, but the main 2 issues are a) Sometimes 2 sets of function pairs can give very similar results and b) It would be difficult or impossible to accurately gauge what level of importance to give each choice since there is already a different answer layout here. For example, how much is an FiNe function pair worth in comparison to an Fi or Ne question? It's sketchy science, especially since I can only change them by whole numbers.

liYA

Oh okay I did not look into the Ti Te descriptions
Thank you for your help

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Te-Ni is deductive and does theorise.

Well that's one of the difficult aspects of it, because of the way tandem functions can appear as other individual functions. However, by the definitions I have learnt, Te-Ni is more focused on using organised thinking and creative solutions to reach a goal, as opposed to Ti, which is more about simply understanding logical principles and systems, and Ne, which just imagines freely and loosely on the possibilities. Do you have any suggestions for what I could change it to that would NOT crossover strongly with Ni-Te? I'm realy surprised as my Ti questions are I think at least as specific to the function as the ones on the normal test, which you scored higher Te and lower Ti on.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Screenshot2010-11-03at90218AM.png

i always get high Se.

Noon

edit: Hm, never mind. What I'm thinking about is irrelevant to the goal of the test.

rav3n

Well that's one of the difficult aspects of it, because of the way tandem functions can appear as other individual functions. However, by the definitions I have learnt, Te-Ni is more focused on using organised thinking and creative solutions to reach a goal, as opposed to Ti, which is more about simply understanding logical principles and systems, and Ne, which just imagines freely and loosely on the possibilities. Do you have any suggestions for what I could change it to that would NOT crossover strongly with Ni-Te? I'm realy surprised as my Ti questions are I think at least as specific to the function as the ones on the normal test, which you scored higher Te and lower Ti on.
Unfortunately, I don't have the expertise with specific cognitive processes to differentiate between them, to the degree necessary for a valid test. And maybe I'm not the best person to help, since my function order is kind of strange where the main processes appear to have some serious shadow resonances.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP
Ti>Ne>Si>Fe

You are most likely an INTP. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 11

Fe:10

Ti: 14

Fi:10

Se:7

Ne:13

Si:8

Ni:12
Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

You scored 11% on Te, higher than 84% of your peers.

You scored 10% on Fe, higher than 49% of your peers.

You scored 14% on Ti, higher than 83% of your peers.

You scored 10% on Fi, higher than 49% of your peers.

You scored 7% on Se, higher than 59% of your peers.

You scored 13% on Ne, higher than 83% of your peers.

You scored 8% on Si, higher than 45% of your peers.

You scored 12% on Ni, higher than 48% of your peers.

Ingenue

INTP
Ti>Ne>Si>Fe

You are most likely an INTP. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 4

Fe:7

Ti: 13

Fi:1

Se:9

Ne:12

Si:3

Ni:11

-------------------------------------------

Actually the results confirm what I have been pondering for a while. While I consistently test INTP on personality tests, I actually suspect I am an ISTP with a better developed Ni than a typical ISTP. And as the test shows, I have a significantly higher Se than Si.

What I am wondering about is the role of Ne (or any other variable for that matter) for a personality type that does not typically preference it. I've been reading about shadow functions, but I can't find any literature that clarifies well their roles other than as an unsolved mystery or something negative.

But assuming your scoring system is sound, I suppose this just goes to show that MBTI is kind of an arbitrary system based on statistical averages of people, and exceptions are bound to happen.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Actually the results confirm what I have been pondering for a while. I actually suspect I am an ISTP, with a better developed Ni than a typical ISTP. I certainly rely on Ni more than I do Ne. And as the test shows, I have a significantly higher Se than Si.

Yes, well sometimes the tertiary functions can be fairly strong, or even the inferior function.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Oh, and if anyone wants to see the test stats to see what the score trends are, I think you should be able to see them if you go to this link.
http://www.helloquizzy.com/quizzy/teststats?quizid=18180229037773770066
Though it's possible you won't be allowed to because it's a part of my account. We'll see.

Ne and Ti are still up pretty high, but then most of the people doing this test are INXPs or NTJs who can be Ti like at times, so it's not that surprising.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, and if anyone wants to see the test stats to see what the score trends are, I think you should be able to see them if you go to this link.
http://www.helloquizzy.com/quizzy/teststats?quizid=18180229037773770066
Though it's possible you won't be allowed to because it's a part of my account. We'll see.

Ne and Ti are still up pretty high, but then most of the people doing this test are INXPs or NTJs who can be Ti like at times, so it's not that surprising.

Most people taking the test are N's which probably explains why I scored the lowest on Se with only 7 points, yet that's higher than 57% of my peers.

Compare that to Ni, which I scored a 12, yet compared to my peers I'm below average.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your result for The Hopefully good MBTI Test ...

INFP
Fi>Ne>Si>Te

You are most likely an INFP. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 4

Fe:10

Ti: 13

Fi:16

Se:13

Ne:15

Si:10

Ni:15

Overall I think its a good test in its own right, sort of like a shorter version keys2cognition test.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Overall I think its a good test in its own right, sort of like a shorter version keys2cognition test.

The main thing I wanted to achieve was to stop a bit of confusion with poorly defined functions, which it had a few of.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Hmm... I'm not sure about that one. I don't want to vary too much from the basic definitions, and really, analysing and picking apart ideas is more of a Ti thing. Are you even sure you're a strong INTJ? Going by the statistics on the test stats page, the Ni score actually has the biggest slope and most 'perfect 16' scores of all the functions, even more than Ti, which peaks around 11. But anyway, to make it, I dunno, seem less megalomaniacal, not that it really does, I've removed the word 'personal' and changed 'create' to 'refine'.

Yes, I'm definitely an INTJ. Picking apart ideas isn't uniquely part of Ti. All introverted functions do that, just in different ways and with different aims in mind. An Fi user may pick apart a moral argument, an Si user will go over the basic principal and facts used in an arguement to make sure they are reliable. This is the sort of problem that comes about when you try to think of the functions as abilities rather than drives towards a particular way of thinking/acting.

Ti is much more concerned with essessing technical excellance/worth. A strong Ti type was a powerful sense of what technical or scientific issues are of value, even if they are not necessarily of immediate, practical use. Hence the strong concetion between INTPs are pure science and ISTPs and perfectionism in their chosen sphere.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Yes, I'm definitely an INTJ. Picking apart ideas isn't uniquely part of Ti. All introverted functions do that, just in different ways and with different aims in mind. An Fi user may pick apart a moral argument, an Si user will go over the basic principal and facts used in an arguement to make sure they are reliable. This is the sort of problem that comes about when you try to think of the functions as abilities rather than drives towards a particular way of thinking/acting.

Ti is much more concerned with essessing technical excellance/worth. A strong Ti type was a powerful sense of what technical or scientific issues are of value, even if they are not necessarily of immediate, practical use. Hence the strong concetion between INTPs are pure science and ISTPs and perfectionism in their chosen sphere.

Hm... do you think there is a better way to put it than technical excellence? That seems to imply practicality in the real world, which might confuse some Te users. Also, I realise the introverted functions all do that, what I meant was that Ti did it based on theoretical logic. I included the word logic or logical in every Ti question.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Te:--------- 9

Fe:---3

Ti: ----------------16

Fi:----4

Se:---------9

Ne:----------10

Si:----4

Ni:-----------11

Good test, aligns with what I usually get.