• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My function test

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Okay, how's this one for Ti?

"I am a perfectionist in areas that appeal to me from a technical or logical standpoint."

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTP
Ti>Ne>Si>Fe

You are most likely an INTP. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 7

Fe:9

Ti: 14

Fi:3

Se:6

Ne:11

Si:4

Ni:12

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, how's this one for Ti?

"I am a perfectionist in areas that appeal to me from a technical or logical standpoint."

I think that one could still apply to both Ti and Te.

How about I'm a perfectionist when it comes to logical consistency of my thoughts and ideas?

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

How about I'm a perfectionist when it comes to logical consistency of my thoughts and ideas?
I think this is a good way to differentiate it, because personally I'm much more concerned with correcting flaws in my own logic (Ti) than I am with correcting others in theirs (Te).

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Hm... do you think there is a better way to put it than technical excellence? That seems to imply practicality in the real world, which might confuse some Te users. Also, I realise the introverted functions all do that, what I meant was that Ti did it based on theoretical logic. I included the word logic or logical in every Ti question.

That could be your problem - Ti isn't always about logic. Often just perfection would describe it better. While neat, beautiful logic or mathematics is a form of prfection, it's not the only one. An ISTP might not be logical in the way an INTP might recognise. If he is a martial artist, he might send a lot of time considering the spiritual aspects ofwhat he does. Such an ISTP might sound a bit hippy when you speak to them, but they are still a primary Ti as they seak to become a good as possible in what matters to them.

So... a better question... How about "Do you like to see a job done to perfection, rather than just requirements." Or "I like to develop my skills to the full, whether I need to or not."

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Your result for The Hopefully good MBTI Test ...
INFJ

Ni>Fe>Ti>Se

You are most likely an INFJ. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 7

Fe:11

Ti: 10

Fi:12

Se:10

Ne:7

Si:9

Ni:15

Not bad. I know I border the I/E spectrum.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So... a better question... How about "Do you like to see a job done to perfection, rather than just requirements." Or "I like to develop my skills to the full, whether I need to or not."
I agree with this. :nice:

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
That description sounds good to me too. Finally my father who I expected to be ISTP makes finally sense to me :D

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Took again. Got a more clear ESTJ this time (Te > Ne > Si > Fi = Ni > Ti = Fe > Se).

Your test seems to have a lot of trouble differentiating Ni from Ne. The whole "see into the future" stuff can correspond to either, as they're both intuitive functions, and thus both forethinking. I suggest adding something about focusing on the archetypal or mysterious, or having a strange "clarity" about unfolding events (don't remember of the test has anything about that or not), for Ni.

And leave out all that traditionalist crap on Si. Si is defined, chiefly, by reliance on rote memorization and past experience. Si users, especially young Si users (or those from liberal and/or hippy families), can easily not give a shit about traditions or celebrations or anything of the sort. Further, SJs can be comfortable with chaos if they come from a chaotic background.

G

Ginkgo

INTP
Ti>Ne>Si>Fe

You are most likely an INTP. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 9

Fe:10

Ti: 14

Fi:13

Se:7

Ne:12

Si:3

Ni:8

-------------------------

So, remind me again why this test gives you a variable preference order, and then tells you that your preference order is exactly the same as MBTI Archetypes. Don't you think that's inconsistent?

Pure function theory doesn't have any place in MBTI's arbitrary assignment of preference order. Whether these questions amount to function theory is questionable. It seems like you just rehashed old tests and called it your own.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I took the test and got ENTP. I was stronger on Te than I normally believe myself to be, I'm not sure what that really means as far as to rating the tests quality.

KDude

ISFP
Fi>Se>Ni>Te

You are most likely an ISFP. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 11

Ti: 10

Fi:15

Se:8

Ne:5

Ni:9

I'm probably not as Te-like as the results appear, but it definitely isn't absent either.. :thinking:

Either way, I seem heavy on the J.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Pure function theory doesn't have any place in MBTI's arbitrary assignment of preference order. Whether these questions amount to function theory is questionable. It seems like you just rehashed old tests and called it your own.

MBTI is based on your function order, but if you don't want to use it just take the order as it comes without the type. As fir 'rehashing' old tests, the point of this was to get a more clear and accurate understanding of the functions, as I felt that some tests had rather dubious descriptions. I am not a total expert, of course, and it is highly unlkely that my function definitions would be perfect either. This is a learning experience for me as well. I'm simply trying to create a more accurate test, and hopefully, with the advice of others, I will be able to.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4

I think that's a good idea.

That could be your problem - Ti isn't always about logic. Often just perfection would describe it better. While neat, beautiful logic or mathematics is a form of prfection, it's not the only one. An ISTP might not be logical in the way an INTP might recognise. If he is a martial artist, he might send a lot of time considering the spiritual aspects ofwhat he does. Such an ISTP might sound a bit hippy when you speak to them, but they are still a primary Ti as they seak to become a good as possible in what matters to them.

Yeah, I think that would also be good. My only possible gripe with that is that don't many Fi users do this as well if they find something they feel is important? Anyway, it provides a good aspect of Ti I don't often consider (or hear about).

Took again. Got a more clear ESTJ this time (Te > Ne > Si > Fi = Ni > Ti = Fe > Se).

Your test seems to have a lot of trouble differentiating Ni from Ne. The whole "see into the future" stuff can correspond to either, as they're both intuitive functions, and thus both forethinking. I suggest adding something about focusing on the archetypal or mysterious, or having a strange "clarity" about unfolding events (don't remember of the test has anything about that or not), for Ni.

And leave out all that traditionalist crap on Si. Si is defined, chiefly, by reliance on rote memorization and past experience. Si users, especially young Si users (or those from liberal and/or hippy families), can easily not give a shit about traditions or celebrations or anything of the sort. Further, SJs can be comfortable with chaos if they come from a chaotic background.

I don't understand how a focus on the archetypal and mysterious is specifically Ni. Ne users are often very interested in things that provide a sense of mystery (and I'm afraid I don't know what a focus on archetypes would actually mean). The "clarity of unfolding events" seems to be a rather Ni thing, though I think sometimes just being smart can give you good clarity, and I'm not sure it's Ni specifically. The thing is that I'm trying to avoid hazy definitions (though apparently not doing very well) and just "having clarity about things" seems all a bit supernatural if it's not explained. The way I've been led to understand it through the Ni thread I started is that Ni takes a role in decision making, like Si, to look at a situation from different angles and decide on a course of action or modify an idea to refine or support your personal vision, and therefore is more perfectionistic and future oriented than Ne, which is random, expansive, interactive, experimental and tangential. These probably aren't perfect definitions, though.

And yeah, I'll probably get that Si traditionalism out as much as possible, if I can think of something different from the other questions to add. When I did it, I was thinking more of personal traditions, which I think are generally strong in high Si users aren't they? But I probably did not make that clear.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Holy crow, I got ESTP!
I am sure that I am not an ESTP but, right now, I am too tired to analyze either the test or my odd results. I don't understand my low Fi score but other than that, nothing seems too odd...

You are most likely an ESTP. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 6

Fe:6

Ti: 11

Fi:8

Se:14

Ne:9

Si:10

Ni:8

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You are most likely INFP

Te: 3

Ti: 4

Fi:14

Se:10

Si:12

Ni:11

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
OMG I just realized it said my top two functions are Fi and Si. :laugh:

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You are most likely an INFJ. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 5

Fe:12

Ti: 11

Fi:7

Se:5

Ni:13

I tend to get this result fairly often now. I just cannot see it in myself.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha. You're going to make my head explode, Sherlock:

ENFP

Ne>Fi>Te>Si

You are most likely an ENFP. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 5

Fe:8

Ti: 9

Fi:10

Se:7

Ne:15

Si:6

Ni:11