User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

hm. i came out as ENFJ, so i'll go back through and give you my thoughts on the questions i think i probably scored "wrong" on.

You are most likely an ENFJ. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below. [i reordered them for ease of comparison]

Fe:14
    Ne:13
    Fi:12
    Se:11
    Ni:10
    Si:8
    Ti: 7
    Te: 6
    i think i responded to a lot of Fe questions because the statements are essentially just F, and don't split between Fe and Fi.

When others around me are unhappy, I usually become unhappy.
    i would guess this is a Fe question, but it's very true for me as well. this might be skewed for me in particular more than other Fi users because my Fi is aux, and therefore secondary to external perception. negative environments are generally displeasing to me because i'm very impacted by my surroundings.

anyway, regardless of that, i still don't think this statement is totally clear between Fi and Fe. a Fi dom/aux would probably still be unhappy when others are unhappy because they have an ethical problem with whatever's making the others unhappy - war, or bullying, or something else negative like that.

maybe you could say something like "i have a very good understanding of social currents."

I put a lot of effort into making others happy and creating a sense of harmony in my social circle.
    same thing with Fe and Fi again... both are fundamentally interested in people's well-being. i think the difference comes in that if there's a problem between two people, a Fi user would rather them just confront it aloud and get to the bottom of it instead of trying to preserve a harmony (that seems artificial and therefore probably harmful to Fi) by having them wait until they're in private. maybe you could say something like "i believe that social harmony is always more beneficial than harmful"?

I tend to have a good awareness of how others are feeling and feel pulled to attend to their emotional needs.
    is this Fe or Fi? i think that'd apply to both. "emotional needs" is probably more Fi - Fi being intrapersonal, Fe being interpersonal.

i think i scored high on Se because both Se and Ne have an affinity for new, colorful, fast paced experiences.

both allow you to be good at quickly adapting and thrive off more and more information. i think it might be helpful to differentiate between enjoying and being skilled at. people with high Ne might enjoy new sensory stuff but it's because of the associated inflow of new ideas - no way we're as good at comprehending or dealing with it on a sensory level as people with high Se.

I enjoy new and varied sensory experiences such as visiting new and exotic places.
    maybe something like "i am good at navigating new sensory experiences" instead?

I find a lot of joy in engaging in exciting physical activities.
    same thing here... i love exciting physical activities but that doesn't make me any good at them, especially not the first time around. maybe you could say something like "i am good at adapting to new physical activities" instead?

i think that brainstorming is somewhat misrepresented when talking about Ne.

not just in your test. in general.

I tend to go with most ideas that I come up with through brainstorming.
    not that i don't appreciate others' contributions, but i could talk to a brick wall and still come up with new ideas - for me, the act of talking it out is more about the way that speech (or writing) makes you frame your ideas in a different way, so that you see new combinations of ideas, that then lead to new ideas. and then talking with people can be useful in that it double-checks for practicality, which Ne enjoys disregarding, lol...

maybe you could have something along the lines of "i am very good at expanding on and reformulating others' ideas" instead - something that emphasizes external sources for iNtuition but doesn't make it sound like you need people to idea-generate.

I frequently bounce ideas off people to see what can be thought of.
    similar thing. this would seem to imply that the other person plays a role in idea generation too - other people are useful for bouncing ideas off of not because they add more ideas, but because they reign my ideas in with realistic parameters.

ok i think that's all i have to offer i like the idea of the test and i hope what i've said can help refine it accurately.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Okay, just to let everyone know, I've bored of trying to make a good test and have given up, deeming the situation impossible. The only remaining option is to force people to decide on their type by verification through intensive study, or rely on other test results that are also somewhat likely to be innacurate.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Wise move.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

oh haha okay sorry

i tried at one point too. and failed.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Facts and concrete evidence are sensing, so no I don't think that's more of a Te thing.
    Te, or extroverted Thinking, is dominant for ExTJ, secondary for IxTJ, tertiary for ExFP and inferior for IxFP.

It's an attitude that encourages an external, objective standard when dealing with logic, impersonal facts and ideas. Te, when arguing, will tend to cite appeals to authority and other widely accepted, externally focused evidence; i.e., citing books or prominent authors/studies, or any widely accepted consensus among the external world of people who study the topic in question. "The experts all agree that this is the case" is a very Te-oriented argument, because it relies on external standards and context for its evaluation of logical decisions.

For this reason Te people will usually insist on seeing quantifiable, repeatedly demonstrable, empirical evidence before accepting anything. If you can't put it in a test tube, measure it and repeat these results any time for all to see, it's not valid. The scientific method is extremely Te-oriented. From the Te perspective, there is no such thing as logic without this sort of externalized validity, because impersonal ideas are to be shared and agreed upon by large groups instead of individuals (the same way Fe treats ethics) and determined by objective consensus. Te users tend to find Ti selfish and unyielding in its insistence on fitting things into its own personal logical framework before accepting them, rather than taking widely accepted external evidence or consensus seriously.
    Sim's distillation of Lenore Thomson's interpretation of Te. I would agree that it focuses far too much on concreteness and verifiability (in actuality that definition is more Te + Si, but it does fit me, naturally, as I do have Te and Si), but it's pretty good otherwise. Te is the attitude that extroverts logic, which means it focuses on verifiable, observable facts to form opinions, values, or whatever.

That "weaseling" sounds like Ne dominance.
    1) "Weaseling" it's just insecurity. I use "maybe", "could be", "possibly", qualifiers like that a lot when I'm unsure of the facts.
    2) even if it is Ne, that's kind of a leap to it being dominant, no? Especially considering that tentativeness is not natural of me -- I've gotten complaints around here about my arrogant sense of self-assurance.

Although, I have been considering ENFP given that I have realized that I, in fact, rely a lot on how I feel about stuff to make decisions. (that is to say, my Fi may be stronger than I made it out to be in this test).

It's just that Si is pretty much THE defining characteristic of an SJ. It's the function that the group shares. The way you experience Si doesn't sound much different than my own as an NFP, granted I appear to use more Si than some NFPs and definitely waaay too much for an ENFP.
    The defining characteristic of an SJ of the ESTJ variety, is being Te > Si > Ne > Fi. Being Te > Ne > Si > Fi would, while highly unhealthy and unstable, fit this. And Te > Ne > Si would likely not lead to such a dire need for structure, would it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

For this reason Te people will usually insist on seeing quantifiable, repeatedly demonstrable, empirical evidence before accepting anything.
    The only people I've met who are that far gone, are some doctors.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Unsure

For whatever reason, probably because you scored the same for 2 functions for your primary or auxilliary function, we could not determine your type. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 4

Fe:12

Ti: 12

Se:8

Ne:15

Si:7

Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I got an unsure too.

For whatever reason, probably because you scored the same for 2 functions for your primary or auxilliary function, we could not determine your type. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 7

Fe:11

Ti: 12

Se:9

Ne:9

Si:11

I have always typed myself as INFJ in my adult years... INFP when I was younger.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

It's accurate for me.

INFP
    Fi>Ne>Si>Te

You are most likely an INFP. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 11
    Fe:8
    Ti: 9
    Fi:14
    Se:6
    Ne:12
    Si:9
    Ni:8

Banned

INTJ

You are most likely an INTJ. Okay, this is your result. Your functions are listed below.

Te: 7

Fe: 4

Ti: 14

Fi: 10

Se: 4

Ne: 9

Si: 12

Ni: 15