• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How self-monitoring are you?

suzyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Your score is 56, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

nothappy

Lol. I didn't know this would be possible.

Your score is 50, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

littlemissgiggles

MBTI Type
entj
Enneagram

I responded positively to those behaviors that IMO are about socializing (for example, going with the flow and being amiable around others even when I'm not necessarily feeling that way), but negatively to those those behaviors that IMO are more about being the center of attention* (for example, charades, wanting to be an entertainer). That put me in the mid-range.

I got 57, for basically the same reasons. I should have gotten a much higher score but I self-monitor to fit in and avoid conflict, mainly. This involves not standing out.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
i think the definition of self-monitoring indicated by the questions on this is a limited one

at least to me, introspection supersedes inspecting/adjusting appearance in social settings as far as the definition of self-monitoring goes.

ChrisMBTI

MBTI Type
ESTP
39/100

There wasn't many questions and some of them I didn't really understand.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Your score is 35, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
58/100 You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
79/100 You are a MODERATELY HIGH self-monitor

That one was easy xD

Anentropic IxTx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
52. I remember thinking of myself as quite high on the self-monitoring scale, however.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Your score is 20, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a LOW self-monitor.

Self-monitoring refers to how a person behaves in different contexts (ie, work, visiting friends, or shopping). A high self-monitoring person is someone who monitors and adapts their own behavior to match their surroundings. A low self monitor tends to use their internal values and beliefs to figure out how to behave.

In other words, a low self monitor will exhibit the same behavior in different contexts, whether it's a meeting at work, softball game with friends, or family reunion. A high self monitor will act differently in these different contexts, perhaps acting more formally at work or cracking jokes with friends, if that is what others are doing.

Low self monitors:

* use internal values and beliefs in deciding how to behave
* act the same in most social circles
* can be relied upon for opinions as they tend to say it like they see it
* tend to be better in research and project-based work