• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How self-monitoring are you?

S

sammy

61, neither high nor low. Could this possibly be associated with whether or not one is an ambivert?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

awwwww yeeaaaaahhhh

Edit: is aelan winning? damn her!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't get it...

If you don't observe your own behavior, how can you accurately answer the questions?

Unless your preconceived notions about yourself just happen to coincide with the truth?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't get it...

If you don't observe your own behavior, how can you accurately answer the questions?

Unless your preconceived notions about yourself just happen to coincide with the truth?

I THINK (based on what I remember from school psych) even low self-monitorers observe their own behavior, they're just not worried about how it fits in.

shum

MBTI Type
enfp
<a href="http://www.outofservice.com/self-monitor-censor-test/results/?raw=66">I'm 66/100 censoring! Click to see my self-monitoring personality.</a>

how come that thing didnt work? what did i do wrong?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Your score is 53, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Something is wrong with the test? I consider myself to be a high self-monitor... I'm a chameleon. :unsure:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Your score is 53, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Something is wrong with the test? I consider myself to be a high self-monitor... I'm a chameleon. :unsure:
Maybe you're just a bad one.

And I'm don't recall the chameleon effect being a characteristic of INFJs.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Your score is 28, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a MODERATELY LOW self-monitor.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Your score is 59, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Usehername

On a mission
Your score is 32, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a MODERATELY LOW self-monitor.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Maybe you're just a bad one.

And I'm don't recall the chameleon effect being a characteristic of INFJs.

Perhaps I am a bad one. ;)

Question for you... what is Fe if not a chameleon? I suppose I tried to hard to please people in the past. So much so that the real me is now lost amidst the layers of self and acceptable selves.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Question for you... what is Fe if not a chameleon? I suppose I tried to hard to please people in the past. So much so that the real me is now lost amidst the layers of self and acceptable selves.
I think that pleasing people and mirroring people are different.

But I don't know anything about MBTI. I suggest you PM Jennifer with that question.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj

But I don't know anything about MBTI. I suggest you PM Jennifer with that question.

*grumbles at Haight* Oh very well... poor Jennifer...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It depends on how you define "pleasing people."

Mirroring seems to occur when one possesses anxiety over not instinctively knowing how to relate to others (especially strangers), so you observe them and reflect back to them the style [and general content approach] they show to you... to reduce the possibility of mishap or discomfort.

On one level, this could be considered "pleasing people" (you're giving them what you perceive they naturally would want, since it's what THEY do)... but on another level, this is very different than the general trait some people have of just wanting to make others happy by giving to them or fulfilling their desires.

That sort of "people-pleasing" is different, it's meant to gratify rather than just to ease potential conflict or avoid mistakes, and I would make a distinction.

*grumbles at Haight* Oh very well... poor Jennifer...

PM me if you'd like, dear, I don't mind chatting about it... sorta fun. :)

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I'm a High Self-Monitorerererrr.

I read the book. I don't need to take the test.
I changed my mind:

Your score is 85, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a HIGH self-monitor.

High self monitors:

* show variability in behavior in different contexts, and are extremely flexibile in adapting to their current situation
* tend to have different public and private personas and are careful about mixing different social circles
* tend to make better managers and do better in jobs that involve influencing other people (sales, marketing, hiring, politicians)