User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I scored a 57. Some of the questions didn't make sense to me, either.

Impromtu speeches? That seems like it's more of a learned skill than a personality trait.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Anyway, what I am getting at is that potentially some of the extroverted types naturally begin and end with the outer world -- that is where their identity is -- and the way they mold themselves to it is not actually a rejection of their inner self.

Introverts I would think would be more likely to high-monitor as a costume to protect potential damage done to a weak or unconfident self-image.
    I agree.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah, I hate to throw a spanner in the works, but although I adapt like a mofo and pretty much chameleon into whatever a situation or crowd most wants/requires, I DO NOT view this as not being myself and I do believe that this behaviour IS exactly in line with my inner self. Because my inner self believes that it's important and useful to do this, and moreover, I'm still always being the same person, still saying the same things, having the same attitudes and opinions - all I'm doing is 'translating' them into a different presentation, one that's more likely to reach the current audience. I don't change what I think or even the way I think, feel or believe. I just change the way I manifest it; I change the way I present it.
    I completely agree with this. In my particular case, though, I speculate that my excessive use of this tactic contributes to the 'ENFP-fickleness' others perceive in me and might explain why I don't see it myself. That's probably not the meaning Sub intended, though, and I'll stop here since this train of thought is potentially derailing.

Anyway, I got 68.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

24/100
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

agree with Jennifer there though - I'd rather know the motivations - I doubt low monitors cannot adapt/choose not to adapt. Perhaps they could just be sticking to their own because it is the best for that situation..

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah, I hate to throw a spanner in the works, but although I adapt like a mofo and pretty much chameleon into whatever a situation or crowd most wants/requires, I DO NOT view this as not being myself and I do believe that this behaviour IS exactly in line with my inner self. Because my inner self believes that it's important and useful to do this, and moreover, I'm still always being the same person, still saying the same things, having the same attitudes and opinions - all I'm doing is 'translating' them into a different presentation, one that's more likely to reach the current audience. I don't change what I think or even the way I think, feel or believe. I just change the way I manifest it; I change the way I present it.
    I do this sometimes.

40/100.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    INTP

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Your score is 29, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a MODERATELY LOW self-monitor.

I got the feel from a lot of the questions of having a basis either in authenticity and/or adaptability. The authenticity questions make sense in that context, but I don't see what adaptability/improvizational skills have to do with a lack of authenticity. I don't go out of my way to make people think I'm something I'm not, but I do choose to only show certain sides of myself to certain people and the questions don't distinguish on that basis, but in the sense that I'm consciously aware of what I'm lettign show through a lot fo the time, I think that would be high self monitoring.

Self assessment...
    Work environment - very high self monitoring
    With family - high to moderate self monitoring
    With friends - moderate self monitoring
    With close and/or trusted friends - little to no conscious self monitoring (although I suspect some subconscious behaviours of that nature are ingrained in me still).

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti