User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INTj

For anyone who has read any of the books or knows a lot about the subect, do you have any idea what percentage of the population are high self-monitors?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

53/100
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

58/100, neither high nor low self monitoring.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

37/100
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

Your score is 57, on a scale of 0 to 100.
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching"I(95%) N(53%) T(84%) J(58%)
    5 sp/sx/so varient Global 5: sloan RCOEI; r|C|oei; primary Calm; R(66%)C(76%)O(58%)E(66%)I(62%)

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post

So do I.

Hope to see lots of responses when I wake up!
    Ok. So, after having dinner, and then watching an episode of Two and a Half Men, and then watching two episodes of Scrubs (tee hee! One of my favorite shows!! ), I'll take a stab at it.

I understand what sub is saying about adaptability and catering to your audience (and I also see what he's saying, I don't see anything 'fake' about it), and I guess I can see how that might be a component of self-monitoring...but truly, I see that more just as adaptability, interpersonal skills, and social savviness (hopefully no offense here..I'm sure there's a lot more to it too). I do the same myself, to a certain degree - adapting my presentation so as to 'speak' on the same level as those I'm trying to communicate with. But is that 'self-monitoring'?? I guess I don't equate it as such. But maybe it is.

It's why some of the questions puzzled me. Do I enjoy games like Charades?? No, I don't. I'm too self-conscious and basically I hate getting up in front of people like that and 'acting'. Why is something like Charades or acting skills tied to self-monitoring? That's what I'm failing to understand.

But perhaps each of the 16 types has its own 'slant' to self-monitoring - and we each self-monitor in a way specific to our dominant functions.

For example, my self-monitoring largely revolves around Fe. I'll often keep quiet rather than speak my views, for a variety of reasons. Just one example. So my self-monitoring is almost always related to whether or not I want to say something, and the manner in which I want to say it, if it needs to be said. ;-P And often spending a lot of time in my head agonizing over what I think is best to do. The Ni Ti loop. :-)

Conversely, someone with Ne Ti or Fi Ne ... etc... would do their own style of self-monitoring.

That's all I've got.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

20/100

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

:horor: 86!!!

*shakes fist at Economica for posting this evil test*
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah, I hate to throw a spanner in the works, but although I adapt like a mofo and pretty much chameleon into whatever a situation or crowd most wants/requires, I DO NOT view this as not being myself and I do believe that this behaviour IS exactly in line with my inner self. ...
    Precisely! I'm like a handyman and the way that I act is just like whatever job I'm performing at the time. Doing a different job doesn't make me a different handyman. I still have the same motives. I'm still me. And the differences are not that bizarre. I will never flat out lie or compromise who I am or what I believe in in order to win the approval of other people. I might be vague, ask questions, have discussions, and take things as they come. I like to keep my options open, of course, and I like to keep the flow going. I don't sit there and think about who I am, refusing to move away from that. I think about who I could be and what I could experience. I'm a very fluid person.

I got a 61.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

I'd say this is the battle of Fi and Fe.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    41/100
    + 1
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.