12311 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Default My new MBTI test (Beta)

I decided since pretty much everyone on this site (myself included) is bitching and moaning about MBTI tests not being accurate and not taking functions into account, etc. I decided to take the proactive approach and make my own test. Major kudos to Donna Cecilia and Harold Saxon for helping me out with it.

Check it out.

Oh, and thanks also to Sim for indirectly helping me with the function definitions (I stole the Perceiving function definitions from his thread on Personality Cafe, because they are spot on), and Evan for the scoring method (If you wanna know what it's like, it's based on the MBTI slider on his sig).

Check it out and give feedback. Thanks.

EDIT: I would really appreciate it if you guys could link your test results. It helps me work out your exact results and how they could have gone wrong if they did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

INTJ.

Suggestions: Add more questions, there aren't enough. More importantly make sure these questions use a unique language or way of asking. When I take these tests I already know what each answer is functionally before selecting, so I tend to gravitate toward a biased answer which I'd rather not do.

I'd like to see an mbti test where I can't decipher which function an answer is representing, but still reflects that function, if that makes any sense.
    Likes Reborn Relic liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I appreciate the statements regarding Feeling and Fi. It's rare I test Feeling because of the way most tests portray it.

I got ENFP..... and I think it's because of the first question. I'm guessing it is determining P or J dom? I answered the P dom choice - because in considering "situations", I am usually using Ne, as "situations" tend to be external. I can put off evaluating until I am saturated with info. In some ways, that question seems a bit like Je vs Pe. I have no suggestion for improving it , but I thought I'd point that out as possibly problematic.

EDIT: results
    Last edited by OrangeAppled; 10-03-2010 at 01:55 AM.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Quote Originally Posted by SNUGGLETRON View Post
    INTJ.

Suggestions: Add more questions, there aren't enough. More importantly make sure these questions use a unique language or way of asking. When I take these tests I already know what each answer is functionally before selecting, so I tend to gravitate toward a biased answer which I'd rather not do.

I'd like to see an mbti test where I can't decipher which function an answer is representing, but still reflects that function, if that makes any sense.
    I'll work on that, but it'll probably take me a few days. Just coming up with the questions I did killed me! Especially Ti/Te and Fi/Fe (a satisfactory definition of those is hard to find)

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I appreciate the statements regarding Feeling and Fi. It's rare I test Feeling because of the way most tests portray it.

I got ENFP..... and I think it's because of the first question. I'm guessing it is determining P or J dom? I answered the P dom choice - because in considering "situations", I am usually using Ne, as "situations" tend to be external. I can put off evaluating until I am saturated with info. In some ways, that question seems a bit like Je vs Pe. I have no suggestion for improving it , but I thought I'd point that out as possibly problematic
    *makes note of this*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

If all the ISFPs test as ESTPs, we'll know the test is working

INTP

I got ISTP at first because I read the Se/Si and Ne/Ni questions incorrectly. One thing to note, in forced choice orientation questions, sometimes people would prefer anything that preserves the dominant orientation. This is why I chose Fi over Fe, for example, but it looks like your test catches that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I got ISTP at first because I read the Se/Si and Ne/Ni questions incorrectly. One thing to note, in forced choice orientation questions, sometimes people would prefer anything that preserves the dominant orientation. This is why I chose Fi over Fe, for example, but it looks like your test catches that.
    Good point - I think I chose Ti over Te for the same reason, but I still got an FP type.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ESFP, because I said I preferred having a perception outlook. That doesn't mean Se dominant.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention (since I was in a hurry to get in the shower), good test. It's quality.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    One thing to note, in forced choice orientation questions, sometimes people would prefer anything that preserves the dominant orientation. This is why I chose Fi over Fe, for example, but it looks like your test catches that.
    I did catch that. I set it up so your function attitude and your function preference would match up (that is to say, for example, if you prefer N and T, the only functions it matches you up to are Ni/Ne and Ti/Te).

So far, it seems I have to work on my perceptive function definitions and P/J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

ENTP

I'm seeing a small pattern: There's a Pe-Ji/Ji-Pe problem. This probably due to the fact that you didn't include E/I.

It's an interesting test. Reason why I chose Fi is probably due to Introversion and the Inferior Status of my Fe.

I like the word "explore". Ever since I was a child, I wanted be an adventurer/explorer. I wanted to see cultures... sigh.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

The Super Pure One

100% Te!

If you get this score, please give feedback. Thank you!

I HAVE TO give feedback.

All right.

Taking this into account:

You scored 100% on Te, higher than 88% of your peers.
    You scored 100% on Fi, higher than 63% of your peers.
    You scored 100% on Si, higher than 65% of your peers.
    You scored 100% on Ni, higher than 79% of your peers.
    You scored 100% on Intuitive, higher than 60% of your peers.
    You scored 100% on Thinking, higher than 73% of your peers.
    You scored 100% on Judging, higher than 71% of your peers.

xNTJ -Pretty close.

I have to agree with Craft. You need to fine-tune the E/I dichotomy. Still, it is a good test.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric