• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My new MBTI test (Beta)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As for the crossover, I wrote the questions as mirrors to each other. They're set up to pick between introverted and extroverted attitudes of a given function, which are basically two dichotomous ways of looking at the same thing.

I think you're INTP though, given you picked Si over Se and Si/Se are a bit easier to differentiate than Ni/Ne (I think I need to fix Ni/Ne actually).

Intuitive, Thinking and Judging can yield ISTP, INTP, ESTJ or ENTJ.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Looking back, I think it's my Ti making my Fe Fi and my Ne Ni.

The Ne one (I presume) sounds more like Ne in ENTPs, were the results aren't filtered as much by Ti and you don't have that extra analytical Ti aspoect to "Look beneath the surface" and view things from several angles thing as much that the Ni option has.

For Fe, well I've discussed before about my Fi confusion and my coming to personal conclusions based on my thinking with Ti-Fe regardless of others opinions. Yeah, I think that's what's happened.

But just guessing.

I think it is rather difficult to create a test that would take these types of functions working in conjunction to produce results.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I think the most accurate way to make a test would be to have more, yet more specific and focalised questions that also have a (say) 5 point meter on which one you prefer. Kinda like this.

Ni * * * * * Ne

That way it isn't so absolute, and you have a larger data pool to pull results from.

Noon

Why is INFP obviously wrong?

One, I'm a sensor.
Two, I personally don't think I relate very well to the INFPs (besides, well, the Fi and Si). I can't relate very well to the ISJs I know either, but a number of things about them hit home, whereas with the INFPs, it's a bit more hit and miss. Even the INFP experience of Fi seems to be different. Stronger and more 'noble', sort of, if I can use that word. I'm much more easily shamed and guilt tripped.

If you identify as ISFP, dom Fi with tertiary Si on a loop makes more sense than dom Si with tertiary Fi.

I would be willing to question my Fi dominance if it's for Si. There aren't any other attitudes that I feel with such equal intensity (though I would not say skill). Maybe I should go and read more about Fi, but... I at least know that although my experience of Si ranges from engaging/relaxing to negative/suffocating, in both cases I don't think I'd be able to function properly without it.

However, it's worth mentioning that I strongly *do not* identify with certain aspects of Si, such as being by the book, orienting by routine, operating on schedule, and so on. These two excerpts from mindframes nicely sum up a bulk of my mental process:

SENSITIVITY said:
...involves the senses and the emotions to form perceptions. The graphic above illustrates that SENSITIVITY takes place primarily in the RIGHT-BACK region of the cerebral cortex. The cortex is the thinking part of the brain. The RIGHT side associates images by feel, which gives personal significance to memories. So thinking on the right side is nonverbal, instinctive and subjective. The BACK part of the right brain creates images—sights, sounds, and body sensations—and remembers them.

# Remember delightful experiences and how you felt
# Enjoy "creature comforts" such as good food and good music
# Appreciate what's attractive and colorful in your surroundings
# Stay in touch with how you feel at any given moment
# Have sympathy and consideration for people's feelings
# Solve problems by trial and error

ORDER said:
...involves measuring, defining and sorting to identify and store precise information.

Standing at the edge of a lake, you see two long, slender white birds, wading in shallow water. To you, they seem like the same bird. Your friend says, "The big one's a great egret. The smaller one's a snowy egret. See, the snowy has yellow feet—golden slippers." Now you clearly recognize that these are two totally different birds. The visual image presented by the right side of your brain and the name recorded in the left side of your brain are now linked together in memory as a fact.

# Name, define and classify things
# Inspect for compliance with standards
# Proofread text for errors
# Put something in its proper place
# Remember someone's name, address or phone number
# Specify a requirement

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
However, it's worth mentioning that I strongly *do not* identify with certain aspects of Si, such as being by the book, orienting by routine, operating on schedule, and so on.

I have heard this is actually a result of Je and Si, since Je relies on making judgements based primarily on external evidence you can see around you, in most cases, the societal norms.

But I don't think it's verified. So don't take my word for it entirely.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One, I'm a sensor.
And I'm intuitive. I made the test on basis of the theory that a very strong preference for your tertiary function attitude as opposed to your auxiliary function can make you feel like your natural preference is for that function in general (ESxJs with far more Ne than Si can feel intuitive, ExTPs with more Fe than Ti can feel Feeling, et al).

I think you might be misreading Si somewhat as well. Si isn't about a preference for routine, but rather about a preference for experience -- going on what you've learned. An SJ who grew up in a chaotic environment can easily become accustomed to chaos, for example.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have heard this is actually a result of Je and Si, since Je relies on making judgements based primarily on external evidence you can see around you, in most cases, the societal norms.
Fe makes judgments based on societal norms. Te makes judgments based on observable objective evidence.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Fe makes judgments based on societal norms. Te makes judgments based on observable objective evidence.

Then what aspect is it that makes MOST STJs be considered "By the book" people?

My thinking was that the evidence was often in people around them. They see that the majority of people they know think a certain way, and their Te tells them that since this is statistically more common, it is statistically more likely to be correct. Then, because of the Si, they prefer to stick to these observations rather than bother diving deeper into understanding them. Te thinks more organizational than analytical, and so the focus is not on this.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then what aspect is it that makes MOST STJs be considered "By the book" people?
Three possible reasons. One, older STJs tend to be "by the book" people because the proverbial "book" was the only source of information they had growing up. Nowadays, there is a whole array of different sources of information that Si can draw from, not all of them supportive of a traditional approach. Two, rules often actually have practical value. I'm a supporter of traditional values myself, because traditional values tend to foster a sense of community (necessary -- man is a social animal) and control irresponsible and potentially destructive (to self or others) behavior. But I don't apply said values to myself (rules are for the little people). Three (more relevant in the case of ISTJs), Si plus lower Fi can romanticize rules. This is especially prominent when tied with reason one.

My thinking was that the evidence was often in people around them. They see that the majority of people they know think a certain way, and their Te tells them that since this is statistically more common, it is statistically more likely to be correct.
This is a more Fe-driven thinking attitude (since everyone thinks a certain way they must be right). STJs can think that way, and often do, but only because they're stupid rather than because they're Te. Smart Te users can easily tell apart bad information from good information.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enlighten us Gavroche. What do you think Fe is? :coffee:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fe makes judgments based on societal norms.

Fe makes judgements on societal ethical norms and follows up on said unverified judgements. Having Fe doesn't mean 'knowing' societal norms, just judging the norm and judging based on unverified judgement.

'Knowing' relies on development and development relates to function hierarchy.

The 'key' to understanding Je is collectivity, otherwise known as 'norms'. The difference of T and F is a different matter.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enlighten us Gavroche. What do you think Fe is? :coffee:

To judge things quicky, to assertively take care of things in accordance with your feelings. And also to care about the opinion of others to manage harmony. But Fi users are concerned with harmony and caring too. The main difference is that Fi users prefer to not take decisions too quickly and keep
options opened, take the time to get more informations from the external world. Fe users are not more concerned with societal norms than you and me. SFJs are because of Si, they prefer to do "normal things" to achieve their goals. Fe is not less authentic than Fi. Fe users are not more agree with societal norm than Fi users.

My parents could be good examples. My father is an ENFJ, my mother is INFP. And they share globally the same opinions wich are conform with the mainstream opinions, for the most part. They both take pride to not be dependent of the societal norms, the differences is trhat my father is gragarious and planner, and my mother is loner and random. But that's all.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just ask to Fe users. Or observe how they behave. Fe users don't judge thing based on societal norms more than Fi users. For example, statistics show that INFx are the two types who vote the most for democrats. Because they believe in that societal norm, or myth, who explain that Democrat Party work for the poors. One type use Fe, the other use Fi, proof that Fe don't make you more take decisions based on societal norms than Fi.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFJ

You scored 0% on Te, higher than 37% of your peers.

You scored 100% on Ti, higher than 63% of your peers.

You scored 100% on Fe, higher than 79% of your peers.

You scored 0% on Fi, higher than 21% of your peers.

You scored 0% on Se, higher than 30% of your peers.

You scored 100% on Si, higher than 71% of your peers.

You scored 100% on Ne, higher than 81% of your peers.

You scored 0% on Ni, higher than 19% of your peers.

You scored 0% on Thinking, higher than 30% of your peers.

You scored 100% on Feeling, higher than 71% of your peers.

You scored 0% on Sensing, higher than 41% of your peers.

You scored 100% on Intuitive, higher than 60% of your peers.

You scored 100% on Judging, higher than 72% of your peers.

You scored 0% on Perceiving, higher than 28% of your peers.

There are logical inconsistencies with this test.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you take decisions based on societal norms?;)