• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The DDLI: An MBTI alternative with error checking

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
For those of you whose results appear incorrect or unusual, it would help my debugging if you would PM me your OpenID. You can copy this from the DDLI page after you've signed on. This information will help me more quickly identify the scores of those who are having problems.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
https://www.google.com/profiles/111228252233538906169

I just read the INTP description written by Terence. I actually like it and agree with it... except I find it interesting to see the INFJ spin at the end about "love" being the highest truth possible:

True spiritual transformation occurs when they see that Love is the only "truth." That it is when we love (both self and others) that it becomes possible to deal truthfully -- with life and with people. As Albert Einstein (an INTP) discovered: nothing in science [i.e. with the intellect] should ever be done except in service to humankind.

That's a value statement, not a truth statement; and I'm thinking some INTPs would bristle at what has been said here and disagree with the value being asserted here.

Whether or not I happen to agree with it as a personal value of my own, I find it interesting how our type impacts our assessment of what other types are supposed to be. Even descriptions possess some level of bias.

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
This test told me I was an XXXP or an XXXJ, and that I had skipped many questions...Though I only skipped 2.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol. wth!!! :laugh: I skipped maybe 5 questions, not more than that.

Two types were calculated for you with equal probability: XXXP and XXXJ. This should rarely happen unless you've skipped several questions, because backup decision procedures were used to resolve ties, and even these proved inconclusive. To know which type is a better fit, go back and answer more questions or reevaluate your earlier answers. Here are your more detailed results, preference by preference.

Introversion: 30 / 11
Extraversion: 8 / 11

Intuition: 45 / 15
Sensing: 7 / 15

Thinking: 28 / 17
Feeling: 20 / 17

Perceiving: 8 / 15
Judging: 44 / 15

Dominant Judger: 28 / 10
Dominant Perceiver: 8 / 10

Introverted Sensing: 9 / 7
Extraverted Sensing: 14 / 7

Introverted Intuition: 9 / 4
Extraverted Intuition: 6 / 4

Introverted Thinking: 11 / 4
Extraverted Thinking: 4 / 4

Introverted Feeling: 8 / 10
Extraverted Feeling: 21 / 10

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Iz messed up. And this is why I had so much trouble determining type. And I answered honestly, rating different questions with different importance. And I answered all of them.

Your scores are not in full agreement regarding your type.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fduniho/public_html/ddli/ddli.php on line 166
Two types were calculated for you with equal probability: XXXP and XXXJ. This should rarely happen unless you've skipped several questions, because backup decision procedures were used to resolve ties, and even these proved inconclusive. To know which type is a better fit, go back and answer more questions or reevaluate your earlier answers. Here are your more detailed results, preference by preference.

Introversion: 22 / 11
Extraversion: 16 / 11

Intuition: 50 / 17
Sensing: 8 / 17

Thinking: 33 / 20
Feeling: 30 / 20

Perceiving: 22 / 16
Judging: 28 / 16

Dominant Judger: 16 / 10
Dominant Perceiver: 14 / 10

Introverted Sensing: 10 / 5
Extraverted Sensing: 6 / 5

Introverted Intuition: 6 / 5
Extraverted Intuition: 11 / 5

Introverted Thinking: 8 / 5
Extraverted Thinking: 6 / 5

Introverted Feeling: 16 / 11
Extraverted Feeling: 20 / 11

Opposing preferences are paired together. The numeric scores give the raw score divided by the number of questions answered for each pair. The preferences you scored higher on are in boldface, and the preferences matching the type you scored as are underlined. Green bars indicate preferences in alignment with your estimated type. Red bars indicate non-preferences that do not match your estimated type. Blue bars indicate a conflict between your preferences and your estimated type. The length of each bar represents the relative strength of each preference.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm noticing that NFs are having the most problems with the test - maybe the T/F criteria needs to be tweaked a bit?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My 'problem' is that I look at each question individually rather than doing what my brain normally does, which is seek patterns. Once I do that, I 'try' to give the 'expected' result, which means I get a totally subjective, biased answer.

Not that the other way is unbiased, but I answer like a machine functioning rather than a person thinking.

That leads to an inconclusive result because I think of everything as separate rather than as part of a whole.

I hope that makes sense. I explained it rather incoherently. :huh:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^The way I see it, is that *most* people are fairly situational, and adjust accordingly, based on the nuances of things, or the specific situation/scenario. So when it comes to any test, a lot of people, if they're totally honest, may give seemingly contradictory answers, thus test oddly or end up with undetermined type. Because the nature of most people, as they grow older, is to add more nuances/layers, and mbti strictly speaking is about that baseline, without the nuances/situational contexts. To me, the dishonesty would actually be trying to tailor your answers to what you know is expected of the type. I mean, I could have easily done that w/ the test, and answered to get INFJ 100%, but I was answering truthfully, *based on the questions asked*, and there you have it. Indeterminate: because most ways of assessing personality type, utilizing a test, is going to fall short because the reality of most individuals is that their personality isn't so consistent and black & white across all situations. A different set of questions may have yielded different results, but then that different set while accurate for me would have left a number of other people inaccurate who had been accurate with the first set. Ah, tests. :smile:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^The way I see it, is that *most* people are fairly situational, and adjust accordingly, based on the nuances of things, or the specific situation/scenario. So when it comes to any test, a lot of people, if they're totally honest, may give seemingly contradictory answers, thus test oddly or end up with undetermined type.

:yes:

When answering questions, it's hard to get an "overall" perspective on yourself.
This why longer tests can be more accurate - they report the main patterns & allow for some answers to contradict.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^The way I see it, is that *most* people are fairly situational, and adjust accordingly, based on the nuances of things, or the specific situation/scenario. So when it comes to any test, a lot of people, if they're totally honest, may give seemingly contradictory answers, thus test oddly or end up with undetermined type.

I agree with that. There WERE some questions that I tried to answer honestly but that might seem to be contradictory.

One example: While for most of the J/P answers I am an accommodater of new information and events (i.e., P = I flex to things, I'm pathetically P), I really REALLY resent it when other people change my plans at the last minute and have a hard time with it. Why? Two reasons:

(1) I grew up in an alcoholic family where I felt constantly let down in terms of plans and doing things, or where I had all my plans decided for me by others without any concern over what I wanted, even having things changed at the last minute for me, it was disappointing and frustrating, and

(2) I'm a strategic thinker and I plan a day out in my head so that everything happens as efficiently as possible, so I'm open to changes if *I* am the one who is allowed to determine where it falls in the day, but having someone else just change my plans at the last second and thus disrupting a sensible way to organize the day's events and making ME pick up the pieces really irks me. I don't like having to deal with someone else's mess after I've come up with a much better way to do it that has not been taken into consideration.

Yet everywhere else, I'm pretty P; and if the intrusion doesn't disrupt my premade structure, I'm okay too.

I answered that question honestly based on the individual question -- basically a more J answer -- but I was annoyed because I could tell what it was testing for and I knew it didn't align with my overall P nature.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
"Your scores are not in full agreement regarding your type.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fduniho/public_html/ddli/ddli.php on line 166
Two types were calculated for you with equal probability: XXXP and XXXJ. This should rarely happen unless you've skipped several questions, because backup decision procedures were used to resolve ties, and even these proved inconclusive. To know which type is a better fit, go back and answer more questions or reevaluate your earlier answers. Here are your more detailed results, preference by preference."

I did not skip any questions. The majority of my answers were "moderate". In other test I have taken the fp sees to be on the very tipping point with the sj....and ISFj is the type that I seem to identify with alternatively.

Later that same day....
Your scores are not in full agreement regarding your type. Using a decision procedure that ranks the relative strength of your preferences, the best estimate of your type is ISFJ.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:yes:

When answering questions, it's hard to get an "overall" perspective on yourself.
This why longer tests can be more accurate - they report the main patterns & allow for some answers to contradict.

Yes, with any test it'll be hard to get an overall perspective. I agree in theory longer tests should be more accurate, but for me they have about the same success rate as shorter ones. :)

Jennifer said:
I agree with that. There WERE some questions that I tried to answer honestly but that might seem to be contradictory.

One example: While for most of the J/P answers I am an accommodater of new information and events (i.e., P = I flex to things, I'm pathetically P), I really REALLY resent it when other people change my plans at the last minute and have a hard time with it. Why? Two reasons:

(1) I grew up in an alcoholic family where I felt constantly let down in terms of plans and doing things, or where I had all my plans decided for me by others without any concern over what I wanted, even having things changed at the last minute for me, it was disappointing and frustrating, and

(2) I'm a strategic thinker and I plan a day out in my head so that everything happens as efficiently as possible, so I'm open to changes if *I* am the one who is allowed to determine where it falls in the day, but having someone else just change my plans at the last second and thus disrupting a sensible way to organize the day's events and making ME pick up the pieces really irks me. I don't like having to deal with someone else's mess after I've come up with a much better way to do it that has not been taken into consideration.

Yet everywhere else, I'm pretty P; and if the intrusion doesn't disrupt my premade structure, I'm okay too.

I answered that question honestly based on the individual question -- basically a more J answer -- but I was annoyed because I could tell what it was testing for and I knew it didn't align with my overall P nature.

Yeah.... this is a problem with any test, and something that isn't really gonna go away.

And, is a good illustration as to why there has to be a decent amount of flexibility built into mbti theory (and consequently by the developers of tests)... mbti may be true with its overarching themes/trends/patterns, but when it comes to specific behaviors as well as the expectations and assumptions of neat, precise lineups between dichotomy-views vs. cog. functions views, it doesn't seem to be reflected in reality. Also, there's always the problem of associating one thing or behavior with a specific function or dichotomy, when in reality it isn't a very accurate or relevant indicator of said function/dichotomy.

With this particular test, due to the big number of XXXP and XXXJ results, there seems to be dissonance between dichotomy interpretation and the supposed tie with cog functions. Whether it's the questions being asked, the weight, or the ties between questions and type, in the code... I dunno.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
"Your scores are not in full agreement regarding your type.
Two types were calculated for you with equal probability: XXXP and XXXJ. This should rarely happen unless you've skipped several questions, because backup decision procedures were used to resolve ties, and even these proved inconclusive. To know which type is a better fit, go back and answer more questions or reevaluate your earlier answers. Here are your more detailed results, preference by preference."

I did not skip any questions. The majority of my answers were "moderate". In other test I have taken the fp sees to be on the very tipping point with the sj....and ISFj is the type that I seem to identify with alternatively.

Same happened to me. I tend to vacillate between INFJ and INFP, but my "P" behavior is more learned... I can be very flexible and am totally okay with it now, but my natural state is to prefer more structure.

Is the reason the test doesn't work right maybe because it's trying to reconcile cognitive processes with MBTI? I'm pretty sure from MBTI and from reading all the descriptions I've ever seen that I'm INFJ, but when I take the cognitive processes test my results don't align with INFj so it is contradictory. Could that be what's going on here?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My behavior varies quite a bit depending on the circumstances, leading to apparently contradictory aspects to my person.

For example:

- I prefer working alone rather than in groups when I am getting evaluated on a project (think: grades, etc.).

- I prefer working with people than working alone in a room somewhere staring at a computer, but then OTHER people are trying to get results. I'm merely the catalyst.

For example:

- I prefer truth and honesty in a relationship before love and affection. Why? Because if the love and affection isn't real, it isn't worth crap in a hand basket.

- I prefer working through people and with people than focusing on my own egomaniacal desires.

- I often don't even know what I want, feel, focusing on others.

- I make decisions based on what I feel is right.

For example:

- I love brainstorming out loud with others.

- I like sifting through the information on my own. I can focus better.

- I get more information working WITH people.

- I focus better when I work alone.

For example:

- I can be flexible with others, terribly strict with myself.

- I can change my schedule to suit others because my job has taught me that.

- It pisses me off if I have to wait a long time for follow through on something.

- I feel better when something is complete. Then I don't stress about it anymore.

- However, I put things off if I don't like doing them.

- I put things off if I think it isn't perfect enough.

- I like to take all things into account before making a decision.

- I love the feeling of satisfaction and completion when a decision is made.

All very contradictory stuff. This makes for hard analysis. But I haven't told a single lie. It's just who I am - not easy - a pain in the byte.

G

garbage

My behavior varies quite a bit depending on the circumstances, leading to apparently contradictory aspects to my person.
All very contradictory stuff. This makes for hard analysis. But I haven't told a single lie. It's just who I am - not easy - a pain in the byte.

Pretty much all of this, including many of the specific points you mentioned, applies to me, too

I think that any test is going to have those sorts of problems, though. Sometimes, it's best to be flexible; other times, it's best not to be--and tests don't fare well in capturing 'inconsistent' behavior. Some behaviors are pretty easy to absolutely decide between.

Jaguar

Which is more important for you to maintain in your relations with others?
Truth and honesty
Love and affection

All 4 are important in maintaining relationships.

Which better fits how you see yourself?
Idealistic
Intellectual

So you can't be an intellectual idealist or an idealistic intellectual?

When you have spoken less than the whole truth to a friend, is your motivation more often:
An awareness of likely consequences
A concern to not give offense

Both.

Which is more important to you?
To treat those close to you with kindness
To treat everyone fairly

Both.

Which is more natural for you when dealing with other people?
To be aware of what works or doesn't work (cause/effect); in people relationships
To be aware of your empathy (or anger); toward people

Both

Do you more often let
Your head rule your heart
Your heart rule your head

Both. They work together. Well, those questions were certainly "fun." :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some behaviors are pretty easy to absolutely decide between.

Well, this is true. For example when they ask me if I have highty-tighty magical shit and fancy dreams where I fly on teddy bears and awake upon a new theory the answer is:

Uuuuuuuhhhhhh......no.....no..

Both.

Both.

Both

Exactly.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

Both.

Both.

Both

For a system based on interacting quadrants, it's weird how so many tests are based on dichotomies.

A better way to ask the first questions:

Most important in an relationship:
Candidness
Truth
Affection
Love

How would you best describe yourself?
Intellectual
Pragmatic
Idealistic
Benevolent

And if you say "those are too close together, a person could answer more than one!" that's the point.

G

garbage

also: I guess that these situations are what "can't decide" or "Faint" is for

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most important in an relationship:
Candidness
Truth
Affection
Love

Arghhhhhh nooo!!!!!!

Why is there a differentiation between love and truth???? DUHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

/end being a pseudo-duck with an i

Seriously. Candidness isn't necessary, but love and truth ALWAYSSSSSSSSSS. Affection is cool, but not nearly as important as love and truth, which I totally do not consider to be opposing or even different by any means.