First 3456715 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Intellectual
    Pragmatic
    Idealistic
    Benevolent
    I'm a benevolent idealist who aims to be intellectual, but falls short, and would like to be pragmatic, but doesn't know how.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Arghhhhhh nooo!!!!!!

Why is there a differentiation between love and truth???? DUHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

/end being a pseudo-duck with an i

Seriously. Candidness isn't necessary, but love and truth ALWAYSSSSSSSSSS. Affection is cool, but not nearly as important as love and truth, which I totally do not consider to be opposing or even different by any means.
    But different people conceptualize them differently. Which would you say is more important, even if you consider them equal?

Tricky, I know.

I'm a benevolent idealist who aims to be intellectual, but falls short, and would like to be pragmatic, but doesn't know how.
    Once again, which is the "best answer"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    also: I guess that these situations are what "can't decide" or "Faint" is for
    And that's when you get the XXXJ or XXXP result....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    xNFP

Dude. I'm not trying to be difficult, but how do you make something more important if it's equally important? Or if it is the same.

Look, let me put it in an easier, less pansy-fairy way. If I love someone, do I lie to them? NO! I tell them the truth? Does that mean I have to be a dick about it? No...but that's why candidness isn't necessary. But the truth IS necessary because without truth, there's nothing. NO-THING. So if I act all lovey dovey and sweet and shit and it's all a lie, what is it? NO-THING. And if I lie, even little lies, what is my relationship based on? NO-THING. Because there's no trust to tell the truth. And no courage to deal with your own shit or the consequences of REAL LIFE. So blah. Truth and love go hand in hand.

Sure you can tell someone the truth without loving them. But you cannot love someone without telling the truth.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Dude. I'm not trying to be difficult, but how do you make something more important if it's equally important? Or if it is the same.

Look, let me put it in an easier, less pansy-fairy way. If I love someone, do I lie to them? NO! I tell them the truth? Does that mean I have to be a dick about it? No...but that's why candidness isn't necessary. But the truth IS necessary because without truth, there's nothing. NO-THING. So if I act all lovey dovey and sweet and shit and it's all a lie, what is it? NO-THING. And if I lie, even little lies, what is my relationship based on? NO-THING. Because there's no trust to tell the truth. And no courage to deal with your own shit or the consequences of REAL LIFE. So blah. Truth and love go hand in hand.

Sure you can tell someone the truth without loving them. But you cannot love someone without telling the truth.
    That struggle is the distinction. It's the whole point of categorizing in the first place. It's also why any categorization is inherently imperfect.

MBTI
    xNFP

The truth ranks above everything because it is the foundation of everything, and a building without a foundation is just cat shit ready to be scooped out of a litter box.

But that doesn't make me a thinker. Or whatever that was supposed to test.

garbage

I guess the way to force choices is to provide hypothetical situations for each question in which a choice is necessary. Otherwise, almost every MBTI test question will be seen as situational.

MBTI
    xNFP

Yeah, like:

You majorly effed something up that your husband probably won't notice when he comes home, at least not at first, do you:

a. tell him because it will eat the shit out of you until you do?
    b. wait and hope for the best, maybe he won't notice, you want to have a nice evening free of shit hitting the fan?
    c. think what does it matter anyway, I'm contemplating the universe?
    d. tell him, but say, "I'll fix it, so let's hump!"?

LOL. Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    also: I guess that these situations are what "can't decide" or "Faint" is for
    Quite the opposite, for me.

I can decide in mere seconds what is true, and the answer is "both." My response isn't "faint," it's actually quite strong.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    A better way to ask the first questions:

Most important in an relationship:
    Candidness
    Truth
    Affection
    Love
    If anyone thinks there is only one "most important," then they don't know what it takes to have healthy relationships.
    Perhaps someone who lives in the real world should be creating tests.

You majorly effed something up that your husband probably won't notice when he comes home, at least not at first, do you:

a. tell him because it will eat the shit out of you until you do?
    b. wait and hope for the best, maybe he won't notice, you want to have a nice evening free of shit hitting the fan?
    c. think what does it matter anyway, I'm contemplating the universe?
    d. tell him, but say, "I'll fix it, so let's hump!"?
    C is too funny.

MBTI
    xNFP

Okay, in all seriousness, perhaps the situation could be ameliorated by allowing people to check MORE than one response, and rating accordingly. That might be an encoding nightmare, though....or an analytical one.

And psssst please don't make it so obvious what you're trying to figure out. It will probably muddle the responses.