• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Corelations between function scores

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV
In these MBTI tests that I've taken I always tend to score fairly low on my Te and Ti scores, and high on Fe and Fi scores.
Since the answers to the questions are set up to indicate either Fe or Te/Fi or Ti, could it be possible that because I have such strong Fe and Fi these tests are inaccurate in my Te and Ti function strengths?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You must be referring to the cognitive process tests.

The way the Jungian functions were originally set up, there were the four functions, without attitude, and the dominant functions was assigned to the ego's dominant orientation (i or e). While the other three are generally either rejected to the opposite orientation, or one of them moved into the dominant orientation, still, a person will be strong in the first two functions, and it may cross the line of e/i.

So if you're an F, then you might possibly have both F attitudes strong, and both T attitudes weak. F is what you prefer. To figure your whole type (if you're unsure of it), you would need to figure whether F is dominant or auxiliary, and what your dominant orientation is. (Which will also figure whether Fe or Fi are preferred).

redacted

In these MBTI tests that I've taken I always tend to score fairly low on my Te and Ti scores, and high on Fe and Fi scores.
Since the answers to the questions are set up to indicate either Fe or Te/Fi or Ti, could it be possible that because I have such strong Fe and Fi these tests are inaccurate in my Te and Ti function strengths?

The tests don't actually do a good job differentiating between the introversion and extroversion of functions. So you're really just scoring high F and low T, in my opinion.

There's so much misinformation about the introversion/extroversion scale that most people that create tests have no idea what they're doing.