User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: DISC Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    So this version of DISC I had never seen before, as it doesn't just give you one letter for a type, but treats all four letters as separate scales (like MBTI's dichotomies), with "opposite" letters (AROU).

So I imagine the way to determine which of the four letters you are is the one you scored highest on.
    So for me, it's C, at 63.
    DISC is about patterns and it's oriented toward behavior rather than mere individual processes.
    I am both Task and People oriented (High D and I.) That's why there is a profile for people like me, who have a high score in both.
    What I have is called a Z pattern, so after taking the test if you connect my dots it looks similar to this:

You don't simply take the highest number of all your scores and ignore the others. It doesn't work that way.

There are hundreds of thousands of possible DISC profiles.
    This website examines the most important ones:

Understanding DISC

DISC Profile Shapes

High D Only
    High I Only
    High S Only
    High C Only
    High D and I
    High D and S
    High D and C
    High I and S
    High I and C
    High S and C
    High D,I and S
    High D,I and C
    High D,S and C
    High I,S and C

Administrator

Adaptive 49
    Reserved 49
    Supportive 61
    Unconventional 42

Banned
    MBTI
    me

hjghjg - your profile type is Supporter

Adaptive 42
    Reserved.interacting 50
    Supportive 60
    Unconventional 49

General Description
    As a Supporter, you naturally thrive when given the opportunity to help, encourage, or cooperate with others. You make loyal friends and employees and gain fulfillment by helping make others successful.

Typical Areas of Strength
    Supporters, like you, typically are excellent team players, at home or at work, due to your desire to cooperate, help others, listen, be patient, loyal, steady, and support the efforts of those in charge.

Typical Areas of Struggle
    You may sometimes undermine your effectiveness by compromising too much, vacillating on important decisions, being too passive, resisting change, or compromising quality to protect the feelings of others.

Your Preferred Activities
    Because you work at a steady pace, you demonstrate an excellent ability to follow through on projects. You cooperate well with others in order to complete activities.

Your Communication Style
    You communicate best by using your superior relational and listening skills to convey care and compassion to people in need.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    DISC is about patterns and it's oriented toward behavior rather than mere individual processes.
    I am both Task and People oriented (High D and I.) That's why there is a profile for people like me, who have a high score in both.
    What I have is called a Z pattern, so after taking the test if you connect my dots it looks similar to this:

You don't simply take the highest number of all your scores and ignore the others. It doesn't work that way.

There are hundreds of thousands of possible DISC profiles.
    This website examines the most important ones:

Understanding DISC

DISC Profile Shapes

High D Only
    High I Only
    High S Only
    High C Only
    High D and I
    High D and S
    High D and C
    High I and S
    High I and C
    High S and C
    High D,I and S
    High D,I and C
    High D,S and C
    High I,S and C
    But you also have to understand that there are several different versions of DISC now, and this is one I had never seen before.
    Originally, the concept was about assigning you one of the letters, which comprised a "type" if you will.
    This site now has added a lot to it, and made multiple types out of it, which I have to look into.

As for people/task; I too am both, but in different areas. Interaction Style (INP) is informing, which is people-focused (as opposed to directive, which is task-focused); but temperament (NT) is structure-oriented which is task focused (as opposed to motive, which is people-focused).
    I don't know if this new DiSC system incorporates these layers somehow, but it would be quite interesting if it did.
    Last edited by Eric B; 08-08-2010 at 06:54 PM.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Personality I.D. is a free, fun, fast and accurate personality profile sponsored by Career Direct®
    Daddy - your profile type is Director
    D 74
    I 62
    S 34
    C 32

General Description
    As a Director, you usually have a unique blend of confidence, initiative, and people skills. Typically, you are able to see the larger vision and then use your superior communication skills to motivate others toward accomplishing it.

Directors, like you, tend to be outgoing, bold, optimistic, fun-loving, competitive, confident, assertive, and a visionary who motivates others to accomplish tasks. You excel by having the freedom to define goals and by influencing others to reach those goals.

You may get carried away with enthusiasm, have difficulty listening, overestimate the abilities of yourself and others, be overly optimistic about situations and outcomes, and use others too much.

To maximize your talents, you look for situations in which can use your high energy level to make projects succeed. You look for situations in which you can influence others, communicate ideas, and overcome new challenges.

Your Communication Style
    You communicate emotionally by being direct, straightforward, enthusiastic, optimistic, energetic, bold, and emphatic. You become impatient with long or detailed explanations or discussions.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Took this again, and finally got something other than Transition...

Your profile type is Deep Thinker
    A-41
    R-47
    S-55
    C-57

General Description
    As a Deep Thinker, you are analytical, logical, and philosophical in your sincere search for meaning, truth, and purpose in life. You are able to cut through emotion and confusion to draw incisive conclusions from observations, data, and research.

Deep Thinkers, like you, tend to be logical, organized, conscientious, thorough, analytical, and prepared. You are very focused and strive for high standards, precision, and integrity in all you do.

Due to your tendency to be somewhat perfectionist in your approach to life, you may feel more disappointment than most people when truth or your ideals are violated. At times, your family and friends may feel that you are hypersensitive and too easily offended by suggestions or criticism.

To maximize your talents, you look for situations in which you can be given time to process ideas at a deep level -- to think, reason, analyze, and organize details into logical, creative, and pragmatic solutions.

Your Communication Style
    You tend to communicate impersonally through the logical presentation of well-thought-out ideas and facts. Often, the explanations of your thought processes go far deeper than others wish to explore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I got Supporter from trying the test.

I did this in a class environment once and had a high S and moderate C.

I found this mbti and disc correlation which is interesting.
    MBTI and DISC Profile Correlation

MBTI
    ESFJ

Sas - your profile type is Networker

General Description
    As a Networker, you enjoy new people, new situations, and new environments. You build relationships and interact with an ever-widening circle of contacts outside of the home. You tend to enjoy using your verbal skills and wit to be engaging and persuasive.

Networkers, like you, are normally strong communicators. You are outgoing, engaging, lively, optimistic, gregarious, persuasive, fun-loving, enthusiastic, and inspiring.

You may sometimes be prone to talking too much, being disorganized, impulsive, too emotional, too optimistic, or exaggerating. Sometimes you tend to overcommit and overlook key details.

Because you function best when given the opportunity to influence, meet, or entertain others, you need variety and opportunities to present your new creative ideas along with a minimum of detail work.

Your Communication Style
    You thrive when given the opportunity to communicate new ideas, concepts, or the latest information to a group.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

hmm.. I guess I'm the only Driver so far. And I think it's bizarre and not terribly accurate (it's basically equating me to an ENTJ. Although, I DID answer the questions more situationally in terms of how I tend to 'prioritize' in the workplace, since it's tied to work environments). But, then, in the end my scores are pretty darn close and there isn't a clear, obvious 'winner'. I can't exactly find fault with where I lie on each of the four dichotomies, I'm just not sure it's weighted correctly.

cascade - your profile type is Driver
    56 (Directing)
    44 (Reserved)
    47 (Objective)
    54 (Conscientious)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

"your profile type is Director"

I don't think the format of that test really works, for me at least... because of the lack of better options and inability to rank certain attributes as equal, it exaggerated my more expressive and courageous tendencies. I guess it does show that in a situation where I am forced to pick between "not like me" and "very not like me," I look a lot more like an ExxJ

Perhaps the concept could work, just in a different format. I have never worked with the DISC before.