• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who you are VS who you'd like to be

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Ideal you: ENTJ
Real you: INTJ

I am happy with most aspects of my personality, I just want to be less shy and anxious around other people.

á´…eparted

passages
Are you someone, if you are a world class doctor ?

I don't understand your question, and it gets away from the main point of this. What I am trying to say is absolutely everyone should try and be who they want to be, but recognize when they get away from the core of who they are and are outside of the realm of who they can be. This goes for external things, and internal personalites.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't understand your question, and it gets away from the main point of this. What I am trying to say is absolutely everyone should try and be who they want to be, but recognize when they get away from the core of who they are and are outside of the realm of who they can be. This goes for external things, and internal personalites.

He's saying things like careers and titles don't define a person, so it's not really a limitation on who you are....maybe.

á´…eparted

passages
He's saying things like careers and titles don't define a person, so it's not really a limitation on who you are....maybe.

That's fair, but as I said elsewhere in the reply, there are still limits beyond that. I've tried to push myself around in multiple ways to be who I ideally want to be, and while I have come a long way there is only so much that I can do. One of the biggest is finding ways to be detailed oriented and consistent with it. I've tried, and have come along way, but I have to accept that I can only go so far with it, there is a limit.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That's fair, but as I said elsewhere in the reply, there are still limits beyond that. I've tried to push myself around in multiple ways to be who I ideally want to be, and while I have come a long way there is only so much that I can do. One of the biggest is finding ways to be detailed oriented and consistent with it. I've tried, and have come along way, but I have to accept that I can only go so far with it, there is a limit.

Your limit, there is noone else who can put a limit onto yourself except for you.

You think that the person you are needs fixing and isnt loveable this way and thats why you will never be happy in life.

á´…eparted

passages
Your limit, there is noone else who can put a limit onto yourself except for you.

You think that the person you are needs fixing and isnt loveable this way and thats why you will never be happy in life.

Not all of my limits are self imposed. What you're saying is that anyone can be who they want if they just try. They should, because that's how you better as a person. However the idea that everyone will actually get there just makes the idea of personality completely moot then, which is why I contest it.

That, and the psychoanalysis really is not needed here (nor is it right).

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ

You think you are your ego, that's where the misunderstanding is happening. On a Jungian psychology forum, of all places! Anyway, I should just mind my own business.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Not all of my limits are self imposed. What you're saying is that anyone can be who they want if they just try. They should, because that's how you better as a person. However the idea that everyone will actually get there just makes the idea of personality completely moot then, which is why I contest it.

That, and the psychoanalysis really is not needed here (nor is it right).

Your choice

á´…eparted

passages
You think you are your ego, that's where the misunderstanding is happening. On a Jungian psychology forum, of all places! Anyway, I should just mind my own business.

Ok I honestly don't understand then. Maybe I am not clear on what limit means in this context?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
JOHNNY:

ideal you ||||||
real you ||||||

Introversion
|||| 13%
|||||| 26%

Extroversion
|||||||||||||||||| 80%
|||||||||||||||||| 73%

Intuitive
|||||||||||||| 56%
|||||||||||||||||| 73%

Sensing
|||||||||||||||| 70%
|||||||||||||| 60%

Feeling
|||||||||| 40%
|||||||||| 33%

Thinking
|||||||||||||||||||| 86%
|||||||||||||||||||| 90%

Judging
|||||||||||||||| 66%
|||||||||||| 43%

Perceiving
|||||||||||||| 53%
|||||||||||||||||| 76%

ideal type - ESTJ, real type - ENTP

type ideal real type behavior
I -11 -7 quiet, private, few friends
E 9 7 outgoing, expressive, many friends
N 2 7 random, mysterious, non linear
S 6 3 sequential, factual, practical
F -3 -5 emotional, passionate, selfless
T 11 12 willful, stoic, self reliant
J 5 -2 planned, regimented, orderly
P 1 8 spontaneous, playful, fun

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
JOHNNY:

ideal you ||||||
real you ||||||

Introversion
|||| 13%
|||||| 26%

Extroversion
|||||||||||||||||| 80%
|||||||||||||||||| 73%

Intuitive
|||||||||||||| 56%
|||||||||||||||||| 73%

Sensing
|||||||||||||||| 70%
|||||||||||||| 60%

Feeling
|||||||||| 40%
|||||||||| 33%

Thinking
|||||||||||||||||||| 86%
|||||||||||||||||||| 90%

Judging
|||||||||||||||| 66%
|||||||||||| 43%

Perceiving
|||||||||||||| 53%
|||||||||||||||||| 76%

ideal type - ESTJ, real type - ENTP

I -11 -7 quiet, private, few friends
E 9 7 outgoing, expressive, many friends
N 2 7 random, mysterious, non linear
S 6 3 sequential, factual, practical
F -3 -5 emotional, passionate, selfless
T 11 12 willful, stoic, self reliant
J 5 -2 planned, regimented, orderly
P 1 8 spontaneous, playful, fun

I'd go with one percent more on judging, you never cant be prepared enough !

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Oh good what a long test and you always have to click everything twice. This needs a makeup...

ideal you |||||| real you ||||||
Introversion
|||||||||| 33%
|||||||||| 33%
Extroversion
|||||||||||||||||| 73%
|||||||||||||||||| 73%
Intuitive
|||||||||||||||| 70%
|||||||||||||||| 70%
Sensing
|||||||||||||| 56%
|||||||||||||| 56%
Feeling
|||||||||||||||| 63%
|||||||||||||||| 63%
Thinking
|||||||||||||| 60%
|||||||||||||| 60%
Judging
|||||||||||||| 60%
|||||||||||||| 60%
Perceiving
|||||||||||||||||| 76%
|||||||||||||||||| 76%
ideal type - ENFP, real type - ENFP

I -5 -5 quiet, private, few friends
E 7 7 outgoing, expressive, many friends
N 6 6 random, mysterious, non linear
S 2 2 sequential, factual, practical
F 4 4 emotional, passionate, selfless
T 3 3 willful, stoic, self reliant
J 3 3 planned, regimented, orderly
P 8 8 spontaneous, playful, fun

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Introversion |||||||||| 40%
|||||||||||||| 53%
Extroversion |||||||||||||| 56%
|||||||||||||| 56%
Intuitive |||||||||||||||||| 73%
|||||||||||||||||| 76%
Sensing |||||||||||||| 56%
|||||||||||| 50%
Feeling |||||||||| 36%
|||||||||||| 43%
Thinking |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
|||||||||||||||| 63%
Judging |||||||||||||||||| 73%
|||||||||| 40%
Perceiving |||||||||||| 50%
|||||||||||||||| 63%
ideal type - ENTJ, real type - ENTP

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ideal ESTJ, real INFP. No surprise... Want more balance...

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Introversion |||||||||||||| 56%
|||||||||||| 50%
Extroversion |||||||||||||||||| 73%
|||||||||||||||||| 73%
Intuitive |||||||||||||||||| 76%
|||||||||||||||||| 80%
Sensing |||||||||||||||||| 73%
|||||||||||||||||| 73%
Feeling |||||||||| 40%
|||||||||| 33%
Thinking |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
|||||||||||||||||| 73%
Judging |||||||||||||||||| 76%
|||||||||||| 46%
Perceiving |||||||||||||||| 63%
|||||||||||||||| 63%
ideal type - ENTJ, real type - ENTP

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Real: ENFP
Ideal: ESTJ

Little_Sticks

Why not trieing who you want to be ? The only one who stops you, is you yourself

Sometimes the smartest thing one can do is to hide.
Someone may not know themselves enough to know how to be what they want.
Other times, one may have too many inhibitions to be the way they want to be; an introvert, by concept of looking inward, considers a bit more than an extrovert and tends to see more problems whereas the extrovert runs past them, ignoring them as they create them, dealing with them only if forced.
And in some cases, one may not have a natural proclivity to be who they want - admiration, without emulation.
etc.

The complications are interesting.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Sometimes the smartest thing one can do is to hide.
Someone may not know themselves enough to know how to be what they want.
Other times, one may have too many inhibitions to be the way they want to be; an introvert, by concept of looking inward, considers a bit more than an extrovert and tends to see more problems whereas the extrovert runs past them, ignoring them as they create them, dealing with them only if forced.
And in some cases, one may not have a natural proclivity to be who they want - admiration, without emulation.
etc.

The complications are interesting.

No thats always the worst thing to do. Extroverts aint the one to blame, the only difference between extroverts and introverts is that one does need more recognition. And recognition needs everyone, doesnt matter how it looks like. If I were to run pasts inward problems, I would never talk to you.

The one and only problem is the fear to show yourself. Because everyone who doesnt fit societal intelligence thinks, he is doing something wrong. And thinking so is wrong. Everybody on this world is unique, this is a logical consequence noone can do something about.

Goethe, a german lyric once said: the individual is a poet, but the herd is dumb like a cow. And he was right.

There are two crucial things one needs to learn, to lead a happy life:

A) Be who you are, dont be afraid. The more you are yourself, the more hits and blows you will receive, actually life is way more tougher for someone who does not hide.
B) Accept that others do want to be themselves as well, despite how shallow it might be.

If you wont accept others and yourself, life will be really complicated. But if you do, it will be your playground and you will be the Queen