• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Write Like

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I suspect that it may be less an analyzer and more a random-author generator.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
4 Doctorow
4 David Foster Wallace
1 Kurt Vonnogut
1 Dan Brown
1 HP Lovecraft
1 Edgar Allen Poe

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
H.P. Lovecraft...I have read some of his stories and I don't get the similarities in style. It may be bullocks:shrug:

1AuroraAngel1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I thought the results must be randomized because I put in the same thing twice and got different results (L. Frank Baum and Agatha Christe) each time.

But then I realized I had put different versions of my writing (the rough draft and then the final draft) into the analysis box...

Last edited:

1AuroraAngel1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I got...
2 Agatha Christie
2 Jane Austen
1 L. Frank Baum
1 H.P. Lovecraft
1 Margaret Atwood
1 William Shakespeare

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I write like
Dan Brown

Yes, I actually agree with this.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp

I copy-pasted these three quotes from Crime and Punishment, Notes from Underground and The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky, yet I got H. P. Lovecraft as a result. One would think you'd get Fyodor Dostoevsky as a result, but maybe that's not how this test works. Each quote may be from different translations, maybe it doesn't even cover translated writers. Or there's some other strangeness going on. If you want you can copy-paste these very same quotes and see if you get the same result, just like in the spoiler minus the quotation marks and tell me what result you got.

Nymphie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This got H.P. Lovecraft, although from my understanding he writes less purple prose and more eldritch abominations.

This got Stephen King. Hmm...

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Wow what a pleasant surprise my results were:

Arthur Clarke

I don't deserve that compliment at all.

However I did laugh in surprise due us sharing the same birth date and a few other things ;).

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
H.P. Lovecraft

Then I submitted the lyrics to Ke$ha's "Tik Tok" and got Ursula K. Le Guin. :dry: They should have some crap writers in there like Stephenie Meyer among the potential results.

Recktor

In a stream of consciousness I typed:

Hark! We all knew ye would fabricate the old stories, passed from heart to mind to mouth. Seems things are not preemptive anymore, as crows announce their own intentions during broad daylight, and horses whinny at the slightest of sights. Do we know anything in this vast empty spherical place of terrain and water? Are is this all our own cognizant playground. We must ask yourself if the lie is worthy of seeming truthful, or if life is not worthy of death. The clock ticks and will one day leave us behind. Nothing matters in the end of time.

I write like
William Shakespeare

corpseparty

Enneagram
7w6
I picked three of my Facebook notes and received:

David Foster Wallace, Anne Rice, and H.P. Lovecraft.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Six different samples came up with

Dan Brown, David Foster Wallace, Chuck Palahniuk, Gertrude Stein, H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Allan Poe...

I guess I'm still trying to find my voice. :dry:

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the kintsukuroi.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Literary scholars have long debated whether Poe was a plagiarist. Now we finally know.

On a relate note: Shakespeare's works were actually not written by William Shakespeare. And Richard III did not have his nephews killed either.

Go read Josephine Tey's The Daughter of Time.