User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 78

  1. #1
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default aelan's weird and random tests

    List of tests:

    Week 3 Jan:

    22. Typing Test!


    21. Logic and lateral puzzles: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...09-post48.html


    Week 2

    13. Longevity Test

    And a quick online test for symptoms of depression. Note it is not meant to replace a real diagnosis, but I hope it can help some recognise some symptoms and stop / seek aid before things get worse.
    14. Online Depression Test

    Fun ones:
    15. How fast do you read.

    16. How good are you with words?

    17. Handwriting ( And I'm free from analyses!)

    18. Catch the eggs from the rabid chicken

    19. Texas shoot-out

    20. Paper aeroplane!. <- This baby's my favourite time-waster for the week.

    Week 1 Jan:

    1. Lumosity (Cognitive processes - attention, memory, processing speed/math):
    Lumosity - iq_tests:index

    2. Sheep! (reaction time):
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo...n_version5.swf

    3. Colours (perceptions, right/left brain, reaction time):
    Colorz

    4. The Room:

    5. Ronald Hoeflin's Power Test removed. aelan forgot to save the answers. Sorry nightning, Wandering.

    6. musical memory

    7. Optical illusions

    8. gender stereotypes

    And fun time with some classic games:

    9. Taxi-Driving

    10. Smash the Froggie

    11. The New Pacman

    12. Or if you're sympathetic to the Pacman ghoulies, this is for you:
    Anti Pacman

    That's it for week 1.


    Have fun.
    ----------------
    *Moved from the Lumosity test thread to avoid burial under rabid sheep tranquilisers and what-nots*

    I dig out wonderful/weird/silly games & tests periodically like the Lumosity one. Am interested in different tests beyond forced choices, where results are harder to fake, or which give a new perspective of things.

    But the idea of creating & monitoring a new thread for every test makes it a bit like sheperding wild munkees, especially if I go at a rate of a test a week. So. . . here goes a trial. . I'm thinking of posting up a different test/game each week that caught my eye (Note if this doesn't work, I'm just going to create a new thread per test then, mods).

    I'd like to know:

    1) how everyone who plays did

    2) how pt beats the system each time *chuckles*

    3) how valid a test do you think it is / what does it measure.


    Colours

    I'm guessing this one tests recognition, perception and reaction. Site would require flash and a login. Was searching for something like it after that discussion on N disorders .

    Specifically, was intrigued by Synesthesia/Chromagraphemia which wildcat/htb/Pink experience. I'm trying to figure out if the dissociation experienced is somewhat like how we see it in this test. If they pop in here, could they answer that?

    At the very least, I think this is a good test of right-brain-ness(?) - harder to fake too.

    Colorz

    P.S: the lower the score, the better

    Have fun!
    Last edited by white; 01-16-2008 at 10:53 PM. Reason: updated tests!

  2. #2
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    50312 points in Hard Mode

    I wonder which part of the game other people have more problems with? Is it figuring out the right answer to begin with, or finding the answer in the list? Me, it's definitely the second part. Figuring out the answer isn't much of a problem, but finding that answer in the list is much harder!

  3. #3
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    50312 points in Hard Mode

    I wonder which part of the game other people have more problems with? Is it figuring out the right answer to begin with, or finding the answer in the list? Me, it's definitely the second part. Figuring out the answer isn't much of a problem, but finding that answer in the list is much harder!
    I was a wimp and tried it on easy mode *rofl*

    I get confused with finding the answers on the list. My brain will identify the correct colour from the first part, i.e. I can ignore the word and go for the essence. But I trip up on the second part - I'd tell myself "yellow", but then I'd pick the colour yellow instead of the word yellow. Is that what you're doing too?

  4. #4
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    I get confused with finding the answers on the list. My brain will identify the correct colour from the first part, i.e. I can ignore the word and go for the essence. But I trip up on the second part - I'd tell myself "yellow", but then I'd pick the colour yellow instead of the word yellow. Is that what you're doing too?
    Yup, exactly!

    Going from "read the color" to "read the word", ugh, makes knots in my brain

  5. #5
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Yup, exactly!

    Going from "read the color" to "read the word", ugh, makes knots in my brain
    I had that exact expression. And it doesn't help if you're trying to do the test with an audience in the back yodelling out "red, you idiot!, The word!! Not the colour!"

    Darn. I have to get back to writing with my left hand. . I'm wondering is it a deficiency (or lack of use) in the right brain function, but hoping for more test-takers to confirm (esp pt lol).

  6. #6
    Senior Member celesul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    190

    Default

    52081 on easy mode. 76143 on hard mode. I had a fair amount of trouble finding the stupid word in the list. I remember one of my teachers having a poster like that, with the colors mismatched from the words.

    I wonder how it works for a non native speaker? I don't know how my brain would react to Spanish or Chinese instead of English.
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce

  7. #7
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    I had more than fun. I could not do the test. I had to translate the name of the colour to my mother language in order to "get it" and then again translate the name to my mother language "to get" the shift- it does take longer than eternity: I really cannot translate at all. To top it all my extremely slow reaction time (it is tested) is found only among very few individuals.

    The colour terms are very much ingrained in the mother language. Well, at least with me.

    Einstein also had an extremely slow reaction speed and his mother language was not English. I do not think he would have made it either!

    Nothing wrong with the test, though. It is just not for us retarded gentlemen.

  8. #8
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I had more than fun. I could not do the test. I had to translate the name of the colour to my mother language in order to "get it" and then again translate the name to my mother language "to get" the shift- it does take longer than eternity: I really cannot translate at all. To top it all my extremely slow reaction time (it is tested) is found only among very few individuals.

    The colour terms are very much ingrained in the mother language. Well, at least with me.

    Einstein also had an extremely slow reaction speed and his mother language was not English. I do not think he would have made it either!

    Nothing wrong with the test, though. It is just not for us retarded gentlemen.
    You're a gentleman, but far from retarded, wildcat. I'd give you a hug if you wouldn't claw me.

    I'll try to find non-language dependent tests next time, testing other areas of personality/intelligence, since celesul also pointed out the same issue with language. Am trying to figure out different wirings of the brain, perspectives and personalities. .

    I'd picked this because of the synesthesia thread actually. Trying to figure out how synesthesians see things: is it somewhat like the dissociation I experience from the test?

    For me, the brain can identify the colour, but is not able to select it from the list, because some point of association fails. And am interested to know how could one overcome that. *aelan waits for pt*

    If so, I'm guessing this test would be more difficult for synesthesians because they'd be dealing with their original association with colour, letters, and then having to work out the visual colours and letters too. Much like the language issue yourself and celesul face in translation here then?

  9. #9
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    50312 points in Hard Mode

    I wonder which part of the game other people have more problems with? Is it figuring out the right answer to begin with, or finding the answer in the list? Me, it's definitely the second part. Figuring out the answer isn't much of a problem, but finding that answer in the list is much harder!
    The trick is kinda unwiring your brain, so that it ignores the word, recognises the colour and looks for the word of the colour when ignoring the colour itself. Whee!

    45839 for me on hard, just now.

    -Geoff

  10. #10
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    The trick is kinda unwiring your brain, so that it ignores the word, recognises the colour and looks for the word of the colour when ignoring the colour itself. Whee!
    *nods* Nice exercise to destructure the mind. The first part color recognition is easier to me than the second looking for the word part. I'm not a native english speaker... but I sure read it better than I do my 'mother tongue'. Not sure how that affected the testing.

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] does anyone else like to say weird or random things
    By whimsical in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 11:14 PM
  2. Interesting and Random Stuff
    By Asterion in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 11:04 AM
  3. Personality and compatibility tests
    By princessleia1982 in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 12:22 AM
  4. Evolution (and randomness)
    By BlueScreen in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO