• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

aelan's weird and random tests

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
List of tests:

Week 3 Jan:

22. Typing Test!

21. Logic and lateral puzzles: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/107709-post48.html

Week 2

13. Longevity Test

And a quick online test for symptoms of depression. Note it is not meant to replace a real diagnosis, but I hope it can help some recognise some symptoms and stop / seek aid before things get worse.
14. Online Depression Test

Fun ones:
15. How fast do you read.

16. How good are you with words?

17. Handwriting ( And I'm free from analyses!) :D

18. Catch the eggs from the rabid chicken

19. Texas shoot-out

20. Paper aeroplane!. <- This baby's my favourite time-waster for the week. :D :D

Week 1 Jan:

1. Lumosity (Cognitive processes - attention, memory, processing speed/math):
Lumosity - iq_tests:index

2. Sheep! (reaction time):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sleep/sheep/reaction_version5.swf

3. Colours (perceptions, right/left brain, reaction time):
Colorz

4. The Room:

5. Ronald Hoeflin's Power Test removed. aelan forgot to save the answers. :blush: Sorry nightning, Wandering.

6. musical memory

7. Optical illusions

8. gender stereotypes

And fun time with some classic games: :D

9. Taxi-Driving

10. Smash the Froggie

11. The New Pacman

12. Or if you're sympathetic to the Pacman ghoulies, this is for you:
Anti Pacman

That's it for week 1. :D

Have fun.
----------------
*Moved from the Lumosity test thread to avoid burial under rabid sheep tranquilisers and what-nots*

I dig out wonderful/weird/silly games & tests periodically like the Lumosity one. Am interested in different tests beyond forced choices, where results are harder to fake, or which give a new perspective of things.

But the idea of creating & monitoring a new thread for every test makes it a bit like sheperding wild munkees, especially if I go at a rate of a test a week. So. . . here goes a trial. . I'm thinking of posting up a different test/game each week that caught my eye (Note if this doesn't work, I'm just going to create a new thread per test then, mods).

I'd like to know:

1) how everyone who plays did

2) how pt beats the system each time *chuckles*

3) how valid a test do you think it is / what does it measure.

Colours

I'm guessing this one tests recognition, perception and reaction. Site would require flash and a login. Was searching for something like it after that discussion on N disorders .

Specifically, was intrigued by Synesthesia/Chromagraphemia which wildcat/htb/Pink experience. I'm trying to figure out if the dissociation experienced is somewhat like how we see it in this test. If they pop in here, could they answer that?

At the very least, I think this is a good test of right-brain-ness(?) - harder to fake too.

Colorz

P.S: the lower the score, the better

Have fun!

Last edited:

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
50312 points in Hard Mode :thumbdown:

I wonder which part of the game other people have more problems with? Is it figuring out the right answer to begin with, or finding the answer in the list? Me, it's definitely the second part. Figuring out the answer isn't much of a problem, but finding that answer in the list is much harder!

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP

I wonder which part of the game other people have more problems with? Is it figuring out the right answer to begin with, or finding the answer in the list? Me, it's definitely the second part. Figuring out the answer isn't much of a problem, but finding that answer in the list is much harder!

I was a wimp and tried it on easy mode *rofl*

I get confused with finding the answers on the list. My brain will identify the correct colour from the first part, i.e. I can ignore the word and go for the essence. But I trip up on the second part - I'd tell myself "yellow", but then I'd pick the colour yellow instead of the word yellow. Is that what you're doing too?

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
I get confused with finding the answers on the list. My brain will identify the correct colour from the first part, i.e. I can ignore the word and go for the essence. But I trip up on the second part - I'd tell myself "yellow", but then I'd pick the colour yellow instead of the word yellow. Is that what you're doing too?
Yup, exactly!

Going from "read the color" to "read the word", ugh, makes knots in my brain :wacko:

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yup, exactly!

Going from "read the color" to "read the word", ugh, makes knots in my brain :wacko:

I had that exact expression. And it doesn't help if you're trying to do the test with an audience in the back yodelling out "red, you idiot!, The word!! Not the colour!" :rofl1:

Darn. I have to get back to writing with my left hand. . I'm wondering is it a deficiency (or lack of use) in the right brain function, but hoping for more test-takers to confirm (esp pt lol).

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
52081 on easy mode. 76143 on hard mode. I had a fair amount of trouble finding the stupid word in the list. I remember one of my teachers having a poster like that, with the colors mismatched from the words.

I wonder how it works for a non native speaker? I don't know how my brain would react to Spanish or Chinese instead of English.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I had more than fun. I could not do the test. I had to translate the name of the colour to my mother language in order to "get it" and then again translate the name to my mother language "to get" the shift- it does take longer than eternity: I really cannot translate at all. To top it all my extremely slow reaction time (it is tested) is found only among very few individuals.

The colour terms are very much ingrained in the mother language. Well, at least with me.

Einstein also had an extremely slow reaction speed and his mother language was not English. I do not think he would have made it either!

Nothing wrong with the test, though. It is just not for us retarded gentlemen.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
I had more than fun. I could not do the test. I had to translate the name of the colour to my mother language in order to "get it" and then again translate the name to my mother language "to get" the shift- it does take longer than eternity: I really cannot translate at all. To top it all my extremely slow reaction time (it is tested) is found only among very few individuals.

The colour terms are very much ingrained in the mother language. Well, at least with me.

Einstein also had an extremely slow reaction speed and his mother language was not English. I do not think he would have made it either!

You're a gentleman, but far from retarded, wildcat. I'd give you a hug if you wouldn't claw me. :yes:

I'll try to find non-language dependent tests next time, testing other areas of personality/intelligence, since celesul also pointed out the same issue with language. Am trying to figure out different wirings of the brain, perspectives and personalities. . :D

I'd picked this because of the synesthesia thread actually. Trying to figure out how synesthesians see things: is it somewhat like the dissociation I experience from the test?

For me, the brain can identify the colour, but is not able to select it from the list, because some point of association fails. And am interested to know how could one overcome that. *aelan waits for pt*

If so, I'm guessing this test would be more difficult for synesthesians because they'd be dealing with their original association with colour, letters, and then having to work out the visual colours and letters too. Much like the language issue yourself and celesul face in translation here then?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP

The trick is kinda unwiring your brain, so that it ignores the word, recognises the colour and looks for the word of the colour when ignoring the colour itself. Whee!

45839 for me on hard, just now.

-Geoff

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
The trick is kinda unwiring your brain, so that it ignores the word, recognises the colour and looks for the word of the colour when ignoring the colour itself. Whee!

*nods* Nice exercise to destructure the mind. The first part color recognition is easier to me than the second looking for the word part. I'm not a native english speaker... but I sure read it better than I do my 'mother tongue'. Not sure how that affected the testing.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I got around 59000 on hard mode. At first, I had a hard time with mismatching the color of the word with the meaning of the word - I'd find myself picking the first "match" that I focused on in the selection list (if the word "green" was written in yellow, I was really tempted to pick the first word I saw that was either written in green or yellow, or spelled the word "green" or "yellow").

After 2 or 3, however, I stumbled on a trick that helped a lot... simply speaking the color I wanted out loud made it pretty easy the rest of the way. I still had a little trouble finding the word I wanted in the pick-list, but it was much easier to reject incorrect choices.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
You're a gentleman, but far from retarded, wildcat. I'd give you a hug if you wouldn't claw me. :yes:

I'll try to find non-language dependent tests next time, testing other areas of personality/intelligence, since celesul also pointed out the same issue with language. Am trying to figure out different wirings of the brain, perspectives and personalities. . :D

I'd picked this because of the synesthesia thread actually. Trying to figure out how synesthesians see things: is it somewhat like the dissociation I experience from the test?

For me, the brain can identify the colour, but is not able to select it from the list, because some point of association fails. And am interested to know how could one overcome that. *aelan waits for pt*

If so, I'm guessing this test would be more difficult for synesthesians because they'd be dealing with their original association with colour, letters, and then having to work out the visual colours and letters too. Much like the language issue yourself and celesul face in translation here then?
Thank you. I don't claw..

Yeah.. you are right. The how of vision is the outcome of the dissociation.
How you overcome dissociation?
Colours are locations in prisma. Numbers are locations in abstract space- but for some people they can be seen as locations in prisma also, hence seen as colours. As a coping strategy synesthesia is to find the answer of the problem in the question.

Music and mathematics are lineary ordered but spatially structured.
To solve a problem is to go back and have a look at the conjunction of the question within the structure.

In this test there is nothing to fall back to. The colours there are not positionally ordered. You can only overcome dissociation in a stuctured task.
Here we have no question and no problem to solve. It is about transliteration needing simultaneous multiassociation.

You are correct all the way.. an impossible test for synesthesians. Apart from htb of course.

Last edited:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*Moved from the Lumosity test thread to avoid burial under rabid sheep tranquilisers and what-nots*

I dig out wonderful/weird/silly games & tests periodically like the Lumosity one. Am interested in different tests beyond forced choices, where results are harder to fake, or which give a new perspective of things.

But the idea of creating & monitoring a new thread for every test makes it a bit like sheperding wild munkees, especially if I go at a rate of a test a week. So. . . here goes a trial. . I'm thinking of posting up a different test/game each week that caught my eye (Note if this doesn't work, I'm just going to create a new thread per test then, mods).

I'd like to know:

1) how everyone who plays did

2) how pt beats the system each time *chuckles*

3) how valid a test do you think it is / what does it measure.

Colours

I'm guessing this one tests recognition, perception and reaction. Site would require flash and a login. Was searching for something like it after that discussion on N disorders .

Specifically, was intrigued by Synesthesia/Chromagraphemia which wildcat/htb/Pink experience. I'm trying to figure out if the dissociation experienced is somewhat like how we see it in this test. If they pop in here, could they answer that?

At the very least, I think this is a good test of right-brain-ness(?) - harder to fake too.

Colorz

P.S: the lower the score, the better

Have fun!

84231 points in hard mode. :blush: BLECH!!! hahahah! :D

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
On hard mode, I scored 111283 points.

What I think I did was look at the color of the word in question, and chose the word describing that color regardless of what color it was, which is what I think I was supposed to do.

Does a high score mean I didn't do this correctly?

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
I had that exact expression. And it doesn't help if you're trying to do the test with an audience in the back yodelling out "red, you idiot!, The word!! Not the colour!" :rofl1:
LOL :happy: I think I'd have done much worse with such an audience. No, I don't think, I know ;)

Darn. I have to get back to writing with my left hand. . I'm wondering is it a deficiency (or lack of use) in the right brain function, but hoping for more test-takers to confirm (esp pt lol).
I'm a lefty, all the way: left-eye, left-hand, left-foot. How does it relate to it all?

I wonder how it works for a non native speaker?
Interesting question. English ain't my mother tongue, but it's the one I have used most of the time for several years now, so I wonder how my brain reacts to it.

Retarded gentlemen, sheesh :hug:

After 2 or 3, however, I stumbled on a trick that helped a lot... simply speaking the color I wanted out loud made it pretty easy the rest of the way.
Aha! I did almost the same, just that I didn't speak the color aloud. But I had to consciously name it in my mind.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
Does a high score mean I didn't do this correctly?
It tells you if you choose the wrong answer, and it waits for you to pick the right one. So if this didn't happen, then you did the right thing. Your high score just means that it takes you forever to find the right answers.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It tells you if you choose the wrong answer, and it waits for you to pick the right one. So if this didn't happen, then you did the right thing. Your high score just means that it takes you forever to find the right answers.

I see what you mean. On my third try, I scored 59535 points without doing anything differently except going faster. So speed is the key? Hmm... (note that these are all in hard mode)

EDIT:

4th: 55114 points

7th: 52112 points

12th: 50592 points

15th: 46450 points.

20th: 44936 points.

I lost count, but: 39008 points.

At this point I seem to be limited by my reaction time. I can process it fairly quickly.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
1st attempt: 5XXXXX.
2nd attempt: 49XXX on hard.
5th attempt: 45686

Alright I really am stopping now.

This game is the Stroop test but harder. You have to check your instinct and take a second without freaking out and picking the wrong thing. Dissociate.

I think Athenian is the high scorer! Or else someone with her name.

Again, if you are super nerd such as I realize I must be, and play games like Brain Age to keep your brain supple, the Colourz test is but a variation.

I don't like it.

I'm going to play the word bubbles game on lumosity. That game is addictive.

BTW, I'm not very observant. I kept trying to type in 'luminosity' instead of the lumosity to get the website.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think Athenian is the high scorer! Or else someone with her name.

Not quite. I'm the high scorer from this week for now. The high score of all time is still held by rmclean16 at 36918 points. But who knows how long or how many times they played to get that score? I think I did okay though.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
First and last time, on hard: 53529 points.