User Tag List

First 5678 Last

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Aha. Reading that other thread really clarifies the Monty Hall problem. Gotcha.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Talking Typing test!

Since the countries naming thread is also dependent on typing speed, here goes a fun one.

Typing Test!

Get those fingers cracking! Suggest you give it 3 tries as the phrase changes each time.

My range: 69 - 79 words per minute.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Since the countries naming thread is also dependent on typing speed, here goes a fun one.

Typing Test!

Get those fingers cracking! Suggest you give it 3 tries as the phrase changes each time.

I like typing tests. My low was 79, my high was 103 It's rather dependent on the sentance.

I sometimes play these; Only Typing Games

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I like typing tests. My low was 79, my high was 103 It's rather dependent on the sentance.

I sometimes play these; Only Typing Games
    Thanks for the link.

Dammit you're fast! You type without looking at the keyboard then?

yes, that's why I'd think a 3 time trial would be better. I had 69 on a sentence with old English - they deduct points if your spelling is wrong. *lol*

There's this neopets game called typing terror that has me and my sis screeching at the screen. At the final stage, you have to type 20 8-letter words in less than a minute while a monster shoots firepower at you, and they're non standard words

Ok. Let's see if anyone tops 103...

MBTI
    INTJ

94 - 120
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Typing Test!

Interestingly, my typing speed seems to have actually increased since I was in 8th grade taking Keyboarding. Back then I think could type between 32 - 43 words per minute. Now I seem to be between 45-55. I wonder why it increased rather than decreased since I haven't been practicing with a typing program? Weird.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    94 - 120
    suddenly, I feel like a sluggish armadillo.

Athenian, maybe your vocabulary/word recognition has improved since 8th grade, so you do not actually read the full words to recognise it and then type, but say, a couple of letters and your brain fills in the rest. That'd shave some time off, methinks.

MBTI
    INTJ

Athenian, maybe your vocabulary/word recognition has improved since 8th grade, so you do not actually read the full words to recognise it and then type, but say, a couple of letters and your brain fills in the rest. That'd shave some time off, methinks.
    I knew all of those First Person Shooters I played during high school were teaching me valuable life skills!
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I really don't think I learned much vocabulary in school... I took a test in 8th grade that said that in terms of vocabulary, I could already read at something above a 12 grade level. (Which was offset by my math being on a 4th grade level.) Somehow I managed to make it up enough that I could take Algebra 1 in 10th grade. (I was supposed to take it 9th grade, but I wasn't that far caught up yet.)

I was wondering if typing on a word processor or something without using a tutor/measurement would count, actually. I've done a lot of typing on a computer since then, although it wasn't with a measuring program.

MBTI
    ISTP

Ok. Let's see if anyone tops 103...
    I max out at about 100 in RL situations (I do some transcriptions/data entry from time to time). Maybe 110 if I'm typing for myself (although on an hourly basis, it's more like 70.) It depends on what you are typing and how you learnt.