User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INtP

I got around 59000 on hard mode. At first, I had a hard time with mismatching the color of the word with the meaning of the word - I'd find myself picking the first "match" that I focused on in the selection list (if the word "green" was written in yellow, I was really tempted to pick the first word I saw that was either written in green or yellow, or spelled the word "green" or "yellow").

After 2 or 3, however, I stumbled on a trick that helped a lot... simply speaking the color I wanted out loud made it pretty easy the rest of the way. I still had a little trouble finding the word I wanted in the pick-list, but it was much easier to reject incorrect choices.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    You're a gentleman, but far from retarded, wildcat. I'd give you a hug if you wouldn't claw me.

I'll try to find non-language dependent tests next time, testing other areas of personality/intelligence, since celesul also pointed out the same issue with language. Am trying to figure out different wirings of the brain, perspectives and personalities. .

I'd picked this because of the synesthesia thread actually. Trying to figure out how synesthesians see things: is it somewhat like the dissociation I experience from the test?

For me, the brain can identify the colour, but is not able to select it from the list, because some point of association fails. And am interested to know how could one overcome that. *aelan waits for pt*

If so, I'm guessing this test would be more difficult for synesthesians because they'd be dealing with their original association with colour, letters, and then having to work out the visual colours and letters too. Much like the language issue yourself and celesul face in translation here then?
    Thank you. I don't claw..

Yeah.. you are right. The how of vision is the outcome of the dissociation.
    How you overcome dissociation?
    Colours are locations in prisma. Numbers are locations in abstract space- but for some people they can be seen as locations in prisma also, hence seen as colours. As a coping strategy synesthesia is to find the answer of the problem in the question.

Music and mathematics are lineary ordered but spatially structured.
    To solve a problem is to go back and have a look at the conjunction of the question within the structure.

In this test there is nothing to fall back to. The colours there are not positionally ordered. You can only overcome dissociation in a stuctured task.
    Here we have no question and no problem to solve. It is about transliteration needing simultaneous multiassociation.

You are correct all the way.. an impossible test for synesthesians. Apart from htb of course.
    Last edited by wildcat; 01-01-2008 at 10:53 PM.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

*Moved from the Lumosity test thread to avoid burial under rabid sheep tranquilisers and what-nots*

I dig out wonderful/weird/silly games & tests periodically like the Lumosity one. Am interested in different tests beyond forced choices, where results are harder to fake, or which give a new perspective of things.

But the idea of creating & monitoring a new thread for every test makes it a bit like sheperding wild munkees, especially if I go at a rate of a test a week. So. . . here goes a trial. . I'm thinking of posting up a different test/game each week that caught my eye (Note if this doesn't work, I'm just going to create a new thread per test then, mods).

I'd like to know:

1) how everyone who plays did

2) how pt beats the system each time *chuckles*

3) how valid a test do you think it is / what does it measure.

Colours

I'm guessing this one tests recognition, perception and reaction. Site would require flash and a login. Was searching for something like it after that discussion on N disorders .

Specifically, was intrigued by Synesthesia/Chromagraphemia which wildcat/htb/Pink experience. I'm trying to figure out if the dissociation experienced is somewhat like how we see it in this test. If they pop in here, could they answer that?

At the very least, I think this is a good test of right-brain-ness(?) - harder to fake too.

Colorz

P.S: the lower the score, the better

Have fun!

84231 points in hard mode. BLECH!!! hahahah!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

On hard mode, I scored 111283 points.

What I think I did was look at the color of the word in question, and chose the word describing that color regardless of what color it was, which is what I think I was supposed to do.

Does a high score mean I didn't do this correctly?

MBTI
    INFJ

I had that exact expression. And it doesn't help if you're trying to do the test with an audience in the back yodelling out "red, you idiot!, The word!! Not the colour!"
    LOL I think I'd have done much worse with such an audience. No, I don't think, I know

Darn. I have to get back to writing with my left hand. . I'm wondering is it a deficiency (or lack of use) in the right brain function, but hoping for more test-takers to confirm (esp pt lol).
    I'm a lefty, all the way: left-eye, left-hand, left-foot. How does it relate to it all?

Quote Originally Posted by celesul View Post
    I wonder how it works for a non native speaker?
    Interesting question. English ain't my mother tongue, but it's the one I have used most of the time for several years now, so I wonder how my brain reacts to it.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Nothing wrong with the test, though. It is just not for us retarded gentlemen.
    Retarded gentlemen, sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    After 2 or 3, however, I stumbled on a trick that helped a lot... simply speaking the color I wanted out loud made it pretty easy the rest of the way.
    Aha! I did almost the same, just that I didn't speak the color aloud. But I had to consciously name it in my mind.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Does a high score mean I didn't do this correctly?
    It tells you if you choose the wrong answer, and it waits for you to pick the right one. So if this didn't happen, then you did the right thing. Your high score just means that it takes you forever to find the right answers.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    It tells you if you choose the wrong answer, and it waits for you to pick the right one. So if this didn't happen, then you did the right thing. Your high score just means that it takes you forever to find the right answers.
    I see what you mean. On my third try, I scored 59535 points without doing anything differently except going faster. So speed is the key? Hmm... (note that these are all in hard mode)

EDIT:

4th: 55114 points

7th: 52112 points

12th: 50592 points

15th: 46450 points.

20th: 44936 points.

I lost count, but: 39008 points.

At this point I seem to be limited by my reaction time. I can process it fairly quickly.

MBTI
    GONE

1st attempt: 5XXXXX.
    2nd attempt: 49XXX on hard.
    5th attempt: 45686

Alright I really am stopping now.

This game is the Stroop test but harder. You have to check your instinct and take a second without freaking out and picking the wrong thing. Dissociate.

I think Athenian is the high scorer! Or else someone with her name.

Again, if you are super nerd such as I realize I must be, and play games like Brain Age to keep your brain supple, the Colourz test is but a variation.

I don't like it.

I'm going to play the word bubbles game on lumosity. That game is addictive.

BTW, I'm not very observant. I kept trying to type in 'luminosity' instead of the lumosity to get the website.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

I think Athenian is the high scorer! Or else someone with her name.
    Not quite. I'm the high scorer from this week for now. The high score of all time is still held by rmclean16 at 36918 points. But who knows how long or how many times they played to get that score? I think I did okay though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

First and last time, on hard: 53529 points.