• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Satisfaction With Life Scale (SWLS)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
4 - In most ways my life is close to my ideal -> I don't have an "ideal" life, so I can't compare
7 - The conditions of my life are excellent. -> yeah, I have good health, I'm young, have enough money to get by
6 - I am satisfied with my life. -> mostly yeah, but there are many things and activites I still want to try out, so I can't say I'm completely satisfied
5 - So far I have gotten the important things I want in life. -> I'm still young so it's to be expected that I haven't gotten everything I want
7 - If I could live my life over, I would change almost nothing -> no comment required

total: 29

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
14, I'm surprised I'm not extremely dissatisfied.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
33 = Extremely Satisfied!!! :cheese:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I've done some things I regret but my satisfaction is reasonably high given the fact that I won't make those same mistakes again.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
3+5+5+2+7= 22

21 - 25 Slightly satisfied

Well, I'm just 18 and I haven't had that much of a chance to accomplish anything in my life that I wanted. For examle: when I was younger I wanted be on tv, but then I wasn't allowed to sign up at a casting agency and as far as I can remember I have always been obsessed with fame, so I still have to work on it.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Would've been 31-33 before this financial crisis...

Or maybe not... :thinking:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
__2__ In most ways my life is close to my ideal.
__3__ The conditions of my life are excellent.
__2__ I am satisfied with my life.
__2__ So far I have gotten the important things I want in life.
__3__ If I could live my life over, I would change almost nothing.

12. My life kinda sucks at the moment. :dry:

18 months ago or so, it would have been 22.

lucibelle

MBTI Type
I__P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I scored 8.

5 – 9 Extremely Dissatisfied

Individuals who score in this range are usually extremely unhappy with their current life. In some cases this is in reaction to some recent bad event such as widowhood or unemployment. In other cases, it is a response to a chronic problem such as alcoholism or addiction. In yet other cases the extreme dissatisfaction is a reaction due to something bad in life such as recently having lost a loved one. However, dissatisfaction at this level is often due to dissatisfaction in multiple areas of life. Whatever the reason for the low level of life satisfaction, it may be that the help of others are needed – a friend or family member, counseling with a member of the clergy, or help from a psychologist or other counselor. If the dissatisfaction is chronic, the person needs to change, and often others can help.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

And I'm a relatively good mood...

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
30 – 35 Very high score; highly satisfied
Respondents who score in this range love their lives and feel that things are going very well. Their lives are not perfect, but they feel that things are about as good as lives get. Furthermore, just because the person is satisfied does not mean she or he is complacent. In fact, growth and challenge might be part of the reason the respondent is satisfied. For most people in this high-scoring range, life is enjoyable, and the major domains of life are going well – work or school, family, friends, leisure, and personal development.

The only thing that disheartens me a bit is the "feels this is as good as life gets." I hope it gets better.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
26 - Satisfied

25- 29 High score
Individuals who score in this range like their lives and feel that things are going well. Of course their lives are not perfect, but they feel that things are mostly good. Furthermore, just because the person is satisfied does not mean she or he is complacent. In fact, growth and challenge might be part of the reason the respondent is satisfied. For most people in this high-scoring range, life is enjoyable, and the major domains of life are going well – work or school, family, friends, leisure, and personal development. The person may draw motivation from the areas of dissatisfaction.

Good test. It causes you to truthfully evaluate how you feel about your life at the moment. I can see where improvements in my life are needed though so I actually feel closer to the 20-24 range description.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
15 - Slightly Dissatisfied.

Makes complete sense :D