User Tag List

First 789

Thread: Mindframes

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    What's new...

MBTI
    ISFP

EJCC, I will take what you've said into consideration. I think what I find frustrating is that when I do point out to people that the rule is pointless because it doesn't achieve the intended result I often get the response that one must follow rules to uphold the system which according to these people the world would devolve into chaos without.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pinker85 View Post
    EJCC, I will take what you've said into consideration. I think what I find frustrating is that when I do point out to people that the rule is pointless because it doesn't achieve the intended result I often get the response that one must follow rules to uphold the system which according to these people the world would devolve into chaos without.
    I understand that frustration. Because yes, it's a flimsy argument. Especially in response to a comment like that. Because presumably you weren't advocating anarchy towards that particular topic -- you were just stating problems with the law!

What I try to do when I encounter people like that, is to suggest alternatives that make more sense. Then the argument turns from "the value of laws in society in general" to "how to fix laws that don't work". Order people/SJs are very, very responsive to that sort of discussion, because they love, almost more than anything else, to fix things.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Mindframe: INSIGHT

INSIGHT involves interpreting feelings; understanding intuitively; forming beliefs; making aesthetic and ethical judgments; deciding based on values; and envisioning future possibilities.
    My Order of Cognitive Functions: Fi > Ne > Ni > Fe > Si > Se > Ti > Te
    Tri-type: 4w5, 5w4, 9w1