User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mindframes

5w4 sx/sp

Logic (Lead)
    Rest are Rarelys.

I am Ti's bitch it seems, with an Ne sidekick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Senior Member Array Sesshoumaru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I am not sure. They only have 8 actual descriptions (one for each mindframe). The seeming variety comes from further analysis of the order of mindframes.

So the seemingly more accurate description may simply be an artifact of there being an ordering of 8 things giving you a further analysis.

There are 8!=40320 ways to order 8 things. Even more if you consider ties.

You have a similar thing in the eight descriptions of cognitive functions, and an ordering of their strengths (with no limits on the ordering).

I didn't find "LOGICAL" to be more accurate of me than "Ti" (nor less) .

If you believe their claims, the cool thing is that the mindframes correspond to sections of the brain. I know Lenore Thompson proposed something similar for the cognitive functions, but it seemed to be completely baseless.
    Well, in fact, there are way more ways, once you download the specialized analysis (I think there's one coupon they give you for a free special analysis, which is the "revelations"). It gives you a percentage-detailed profile, and some other facts from it, and it sure told me way more than what mbti did. And the ways are now 100^8 (note the order is not important now, because the data should be organized by the program with any of the possibilities). As for the Lenore Thompson theory, I agree completely, it's baseless.
    "Please don't have children, overpopulation is the real fuss of this world"-Composed by me...

LOGIC Thought Very often (Lead mindframe)

INSIGHT Thought Often

PROACTIVITY Action Sometimes

the rest is a mix of seldom and rarely.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

4 sp

Mindframe… - A mindframe of… - Frequency of use…

LOGIC - Thought - Very often (Lead mindframe)

INSIGHT - Thought - Often

PROACTIVITY - Action - Sometimes

SENSITIVITY - Thought - Seldom

CHARISMA - Action - Seldom

CONTROL - Action - Rarely

ORDER - Thought - Rarely

SOCIABILITY - Action - Rarely

Teh annoying/boring.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

LOGIC Thought Very Often

INSIGHT Thought Sometimes

SENSITIVITY Thought Seldom

PROACTIVITY Action Seldom

CHARISMA Action Rarely

CONTROL Action Rarely

ORDER Thought Rarely

SOCIABILITY Action Rarely
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

Senior Member Array redsox44344's Avatar

LOGIC Thought Very Often

PROACTIVITY Action Sometimes

INSIGHT Thought Sometimes

CONTROL Action Seldom

CHARISMA Action Rarely

SOCIABILITY Action Rarely

SENSITIVITY Thought Rarely

ORDER Thought Rarely
    If you were to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

Senor Membrane Array

SENSITIVITY Very often (Lead mindframe)

INSIGHT Very often

LOGIC Often

CHARISMA Often

SOCIABILITY Sometimes

CONTROL Rarely

ORDER Rarely

Insight 100
    Charisma 88

Proactivity 80
    Logic 78
    Sociability 78
    Sensitivity 76
    Control 70

Order 54

INSIGHT is the mindframe of imagination. It enables you to:

* Read nonverbal "body language"
    * Interpret someone's moods
    * Be aware of a person's individual traits
    * Have empathy for another person's situation
    * Understand the characteristics of a human relationship
    * Appreciate the merits of a work of art
    * Associate one image with another
    * Think of a new solution
    * Visualize a possible future scenario
    * Know whether an action is ethically correct
    * Sense the personal significance of something
    * Feel a hunch that something is true, even without evidence
    * Hear "alarm bells" of high risk or danger
    * Form and use beliefs to make decisions
    * Consider some things to be more important than others
    * Make a personal commitment

INSIGHT isn't some kind of psychic power. It's simply the ability to "connect the dots" all at once by seeing the pattern. You get a feel for how the world works based on observation. You see a woman smile, and you know she doesn't mean it. How? Instead of careful step-by-step reasoning to reach that conclusion, you instantly recognize the special cues you've learned to associate with insincerity. This intuition only seems mysterious because it happens so fast.

INSIGHT answers questions of personal significance: "Is this right?" "Is it fair?" and "How important is this?" It uses the patterns drawn from past experience to assess the meaning of what's happening right now. You form beliefs that "feel right." You hold them as long as they continue to work for you. For instance, if you've learned to recognize the signals, you may be able to tell when a person is lying.

INSIGHT is a key mindframe for artists, designers, composers, performers, authors, architects, theologians and counselors. The ability to associate is also crucial to putting together a story, a poem, a song or a drawing. It lets you enjoy, appreciate and interpret works of art. When you connect the physical details of your experience, you discover their meaning. You see patterns and sense significance. The wisdom you gain, such as your understanding of people, isn't easily explained by logic.

CHARISMA is the mindframe of influence. It enables you to:

* Participate in discussions about ethical or moral issues
    * Advise, coach or counsel others when they have problems
    * Encourage others to do their best
    * Ask questions to find out what a person wants or needs
    * Persuade someone to make a commitment
    * Show a high level of energy when doing things important to you
    * Help resolve a conflict between two individuals
    * Explain the benefits of following your suggestions and recommendations
    * Collaborate with others to pursue a worthy cause
    * Facilitate a discussion group
    * Brainstorm new ideas with other people
    * Express your values and beliefs
    * Describe your vision with passion and charisma
    * Present motivational or inspirational talks
    * Use facial expressions and gestures to convey your heart-felt emotions
    * Talk about your ideals with flair and conviction

The dictionary describes CHARISMA as "personal magnetism or charm" and the quality—especially in leaders—"to arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm." Through CHARISMA, you use dramatic expressiveness to share your wisdom and declare your beliefs, values and ideals. You tell people what's possible. Your message touches their hearts as well as their minds.

We all use CHARISMA, especially when we want to influence people. You let them know how you feel with your words and your whole being. When you talk, your arms and hands move. Your tone of voice and facial expressions convey honest emotion, and people respond to you with similar emotions. Your lyrics are accompanied by music, so to speak. You're engaging and entertaining. Your enthusiasm is contagious. People identify with your commitment, and they feel inspired to go along.

In a sales role, you have to hold the buyer's interest and spark his enthusiasm. To be convincing as a coach, your team members need to know you mean what you say. All sorts of people lead by getting others to care about where they're going: negotiators, politicians, clergymen, public speakers, broadcasters, actors and performance artists in general. Your passion and imagination can stimulate the passion and imagination of others.
    When all else fails, claim it's rigged.

SENSITIVITY (Lead mindframe)
    Sometimes: Order, Logic, Insight, Sociability, Charisma
    Seldom: Control, Proactivity

Your way of learning is to focus on “perception” information two ways—SENSITIVITY and ORDER—before you get interested in “meaning” information, using LOGIC. So while you’re likely to focus often on practical, experience-based, here-and-now details, you may not pay much attention to analysis, explanations, ideas and projections.

Your way of problem solving is to rely first on one feel-based mindframe—SENSITIVITY—before you engage a reason-based mindframe, using ORDER, which is not in your comfort zone. So while you’ll initially use instincts, intuition and hunches, you may not always balance this way of thinking with a structured, calculated approach to dealing with problems.

Your way of making decisions is to be deliberate. That means you usually prefer to study a situation before doing something. You’ll tend to think about what to do four ways—SENSITIVITY, ORDER, LOGIC and INSIGHT—before you do anything using the SOCIABILITY mindframe. In other words, you may not move to action in a timely manner.

4w5 sx/so

Sesh: I'd say it's one more framework to consider.

MBTI can be a useful framework, but it's not perfect.

Enneagram can be a useful framework, but it's not perfect.

Same probably goes for this one (as for all theories, really).

That being said: without having taken the test, I know my top will come out "insight", which seems to somewhat correlate with Nness...

"Logic" seems to correlate rather highly with Ti (at least in the lead).

And I also hypothesized that "Order" would correlate with Si (at least in the lead), and it did (admittedly, with a very low sample size).

"Control" also seems to correlate with Si, as well possibly with Fe.

Fe also may correlate (possibly via subsets) with "Charisma", "Sociability" and/or "Proactivity".

Seems like MBTI might be seen as "coming before" the qualities measured by this test.

I dunno, that's just my immediate read; I'm on my phone, so I'll check back on it later, and give my thoughts.

Thanks for finding this, though; it seems interesting.