User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumosity IQ - Cognitive processes

~dangerous curves ahead~ Array
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default Lumosity IQ - Cognitive processes

This was a test I came across recently, claims to have been developed by cognitive neuro-scientists. It measures cognition/intelligence on 3 counts a) attentiveness, b) memory, and c) processing speed. Try it, let me know what you think of it - I found it interesting as most cognitive function tests do a forced choice where you can manipulate the results, in a way. This one is less manipul-able.

Lumosity - iq_tests:index

And a chirpy bleating little test for fun: reaction time (turn the volume up and get ready on the mouse)! No cheating. Post your score with a screen-grab. (Edit: Sorry Kiddo, they're sheep not goats, but at least they bleat)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo...n_version5.swf

MBTI
    ENTP

my sheep murder time: rocketing rabbit - 0.1752 seconds.

Attachment 1103

Last edited by white; 02-20-2009 at 02:36 AM.

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

First test:

Attention: 86

Memory: 94

Processing Speed: 103

Total score: 94

Second test:

Average time: 0.226 seconds -- Bobbing Bobcat

EDIT:

First test, second try:

Attention: 121

Memory: 98

Processing Speed: 122

Total score: 113

Second test, second try:

Average time: 0.187 seconds -- Rocketing Rabbit

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

First test:
    Attention - Birdwatching: 151
    Memory - Monster Garden: 121
    Processing Speed - Raindrops: 152
    Your Total Score: 141

I got lucky with the birdwatching. Some of the birds' names I could guess with ease, some I had no clue about. Also, a few names were quite short.
    The other two tests I'm not surprised about, though I find it a bit dubious that the simplest of mathematical operations can really estimate processing speed. I don't exactly pride myself on my math skills.

Second test:
    0.1516 - Rocketing Rabbit

Anyway, I can safely say that these scores aren't representative of i. how I feel about myself and ii. my current academic standing ;)
    Lumosity IQ - Cognitive processes Attached Images
    Not really.

I don't like taking IQ tests anymore, because they make me think too much about what my IQ is, which is speculation I want to be finished with. I feel your IQ only sets limits to who you can be, so I would rather not think too much about mine, although I think lots about the IQ of others.

As for the second test (my results varies with over 0,1 s):

Bobbing bobcat: 0,238 s

(Best average result: 0,2036 s)

I guess I am slow then. I guess SPs would tend to test best, because of their strong Se.

first test first try 66
    attention:5 (in my defense it took me 3/4ths of the game to figure out what I was doing
    memory-88
    proccessing-107

second test first try:bobbing bob cat 0.2686 s

first test second try:79
    attention 55
    memory 72
    proccessing speed 112

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I don't like taking IQ tests anymore, because they make me think too much about what my IQ is, which is speculation I want to be finished with. I feel your IQ only sets limits to who you can be, so I would rather not think too much about mine, although I think lots about the IQ of others.

As for the second test (my results varies with over 0,1 s):

Bobbing bobcat: 0,238 s

(Best average result: 0,2036 s)

I guess I am slow then. I guess SPs would tend to test best, because of their strong Se.
    I'm not certain the first test measures IQ in the normal sense of intelligence, more like a few cognitive functions, which was why I found it interesting.

purple, the first time I took it, I screwed up the second section as it didn't hit me that the monsters were different colours *lol*. Low Se to the max there.

part of it I suspect is I haven't had caffeine nor eaten today. Still my short term memory sucks anyways and i don't have the attention span for alot of things. Unless it has to do with one of my interests and oddly enough spotting and naming birds is not one of them. My problem with the monsters is remember where they were.

quitting the knitting Array Jennifer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Attention Birdwatching 121
    Memory Monster Garden 147
    Processing Speed Raindrops: 153
    Total Score: 140

My birdwatching score stunk because it took me a little time to understand exactly what it was I was supposed to do. By the end, I had improved dramatically. I know I'd do better on that one if I took it again, but I don't think the monster or raindrop score will change much... I was operating very near peak efficiency.

The falling raindrop thing was just crazy. My mouse hand hurts.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Movie Reviews: What Jenny Saw

Ah, I didn't look at the test at all first, so I thought it was some kind of alternative IQ test. Edit: And it seems like I was right. My overall result was 130, taking my second attention result into account (which I think is fair, since I didn't get it the first time), and that wasn't scary at all. Generally I say my IQ is about 125. How does the test match with your IQ test results on normal tests?

Overall: 118
    Attention: 86 (just got the concept way too late, would have done much, much better a second time. Edit: Got 122 the second time.)
    Memory: 131
    Processing Speed: 137