• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lumosity IQ - Cognitive processes

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
This was a test I came across recently, claims to have been developed by cognitive neuro-scientists. It measures cognition/intelligence on 3 counts a) attentiveness, b) memory, and c) processing speed. Try it, let me know what you think of it - I found it interesting as most cognitive function tests do a forced choice where you can manipulate the results, in a way. This one is less manipul-able.

Lumosity - iq_tests:index

And a chirpy bleating little test for fun: reaction time (turn the volume up and get ready on the mouse)! :devil: No cheating. Post your score with a screen-grab. (Edit: Sorry Kiddo, they're sheep not goats, but at least they bleat)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sleep/sheep/reaction_version5.swf

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
First test:

Attention: 86

Memory: 94

Processing Speed: 103

Total score: 94

Second test:

Average time: 0.226 seconds -- Bobbing Bobcat

EDIT:

First test, second try:

Attention: 121

Memory: 98

Processing Speed: 122

Total score: 113

Second test, second try:

Average time: 0.187 seconds -- Rocketing Rabbit

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
First test:
Attention - Birdwatching: 151
Memory - Monster Garden: 121
Processing Speed - Raindrops: 152
Your Total Score: 141

I got lucky with the birdwatching. Some of the birds' names I could guess with ease, some I had no clue about. Also, a few names were quite short.
The other two tests I'm not surprised about, though I find it a bit dubious that the simplest of mathematical operations can really estimate processing speed. I don't exactly pride myself on my math skills.

Second test:
0.1516 - Rocketing Rabbit

Anyway, I can safely say that these scores aren't representative of i. how I feel about myself and ii. my current academic standing ;)

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't like taking IQ tests anymore, because they make me think too much about what my IQ is, which is speculation I want to be finished with. I feel your IQ only sets limits to who you can be, so I would rather not think too much about mine, although I think lots about the IQ of others.

As for the second test (my results varies with over 0,1 s):

Bobbing bobcat: 0,238 s

(Best average result: 0,2036 s)

I guess I am slow then. I guess SPs would tend to test best, because of their strong Se.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
first test first try 66
attention:5 (in my defense it took me 3/4ths of the game to figure out what I was doing
memory-88
proccessing-107

second test first try:bobbing bob cat 0.2686 s

first test second try:79
attention 55
memory 72
proccessing speed 112

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't like taking IQ tests anymore, because they make me think too much about what my IQ is, which is speculation I want to be finished with. I feel your IQ only sets limits to who you can be, so I would rather not think too much about mine, although I think lots about the IQ of others.

As for the second test (my results varies with over 0,1 s):

Bobbing bobcat: 0,238 s

(Best average result: 0,2036 s)

I guess I am slow then. I guess SPs would tend to test best, because of their strong Se.

I'm not certain the first test measures IQ in the normal sense of intelligence, more like a few cognitive functions, which was why I found it interesting.

:yes: purple, the first time I took it, I screwed up the second section as it didn't hit me that the monsters were different colours *lol*. Low Se to the max there.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
part of it I suspect is I haven't had caffeine nor eaten today. Still my short term memory sucks anyways and i don't have the attention span for alot of things. Unless it has to do with one of my interests and oddly enough spotting and naming birds is not one of them. My problem with the monsters is remember where they were.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Attention Birdwatching 121
Memory Monster Garden 147
Processing Speed Raindrops: 153
Total Score: 140

My birdwatching score stunk because it took me a little time to understand exactly what it was I was supposed to do. By the end, I had improved dramatically. I know I'd do better on that one if I took it again, but I don't think the monster or raindrop score will change much... I was operating very near peak efficiency.

The falling raindrop thing was just crazy. My mouse hand hurts. :(

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Ah, I didn't look at the test at all first, so I thought it was some kind of alternative IQ test. Edit: And it seems like I was right. My overall result was 130, taking my second attention result into account (which I think is fair, since I didn't get it the first time), and that wasn't scary at all. Generally I say my IQ is about 125. How does the test match with your IQ test results on normal tests?

Overall: 118
Attention: 86 (just got the concept way too late, would have done much, much better a second time. Edit: Got 122 the second time.)
Memory: 131
Processing Speed: 137

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aelan - your silly IQ test tried to eat me alive!! My overall score was 143. The math stuff really killed me (thanks, math dyslexia!). And the monsters were distractingly cute.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't understand why I'm so awful at these things. Everyone else is doing as well the first time as I did the second or third time, and by their second or third try, I look pathetic. :(

For some reason, I actually do worse on the memory one every time I retake it... although I improve on the others.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Our dear Athenian, those stupid tests are designed by innrwebz-people with coding experience and too much time on their hands. They're in NO WAY a reflection of your intelligence, personality, reflexes, "fun factor" or joie de vive. I'll bet you any amount of money that if we sat down in front of each other with a piece of paper, logic problems and a timer, you'd whip me back into the Stone Age.

Example: My math skills are high in general, but my day-to-day recognition of numbers and problem-solving is rock bottom. What most people solve in two or three seconds (like 52- 3) takes me 20 seconds, and that's not including mistakes, backing up, checking again, USING MY FINGERS, etc. I'm that bad.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hmm, that was more fun than a test. My first run through was;

Attention - 140
Memory - 142
Processing speed - 157.

Total, 147

I wouldn't take this test seriously, which is why I will post the results :D

Course, I had to get pelican as my first question - not exactly the bird I was thinking of and I used up 11 exposures...

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Meh. My memory stinks. But this doesn't come as much of a surprise. :rolli:

First try -

Attention - 113
Memory - 90
Processing - 154
Total - 119

Third try :) (my second try for attention/bird and memory was worse than my first try!!)-

Attention - 133
Memory - 100
Processing - 155
Total - 129

And I believe that's the best I can do.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Processing speed - 157.

I'm very curious how high people can get this - I consider myself very good at this, but I absolutely cannot break 166. It's wayyy too fast at that point for me to think that anyone other than an accountant can o_O

edit: NM, I figured out how to run it up higher, now at 175.

Hints for maxing out scores that I'm aware of;

1) When guessing birds, if you know the answer of the bird, stop looking at the letter. Try to get the bird as close as possible - once you get up to about 6 correct in a row the value of getting it dead on is over 1000 - this bumps your score up by as much as 50%... I went from about 2500 to 4500 just by knowing that the bird was swallow.

2) Use the mouse to mark sequences, then forget about them. I use "on" as a single, the + marker as diagonal, the | or _ line as connected and slightly offset on the + as a 3 block. Later on (around round 7), you are working on pathfinding, so forget about memorizing where the dudes are and realise that there will be only one route. If you have two lives, you can walk onto a monster then off, which bumps you up some if need be.

3) The points for each guessed number increases by one, so this is about speed more than anything else. Later on, after about 15,000 points, you won't be able to keep up... however, you should try to target all of the 5-10 numbers as soon as you see them - they often trigger multiple hits and you are now just on a timer to get as many as possible before you trigger. Your score will escalate by thousands and thousands if you get a sun later in the game like this and can work it out. The difference here is in the thousands (I went from about 18000 to 29,000 just by ignoring the high number ones and taking the lower ones.)

I figure you can increase your average scores by more than 10-20 points on these just by using these three tricks.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
But people, how do you score in normal IQ tests compared to this one?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
But people, how do you score in normal IQ tests compared to this one?

These are heavily inflated scores... and easy to game. I could probably break 160 "IQ" if I spent another hour working out strategies. (Although I don't think I could get much higher than that... although I might be able to if I drop my resolution and don't use a widescreen... the first game is much harder than the others right now - over 30 points different.)