User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Eh folks. It's just meant for fun, please don't take it so seriously. I could come up with dumb IQ/personality tests too.
    Personally I just view it as a fun, very alternative way of testing intelligence. I only meant to point out that if you don't know what the task is about, of course you will score badly. To be able to answer correctly, you must know what a correct answer is supposed to be, what they are looking for. If not it's basically solving a task without knowing what the task is.

On the third try I got an overall score of 140. It was the birdwatching that was killing me! So I practiced at it, and my highest score of all in birdwatching was 4400 (or, translated, 150).

So my final scores were:

Bird: 150
    Memory: 126
    Speed: 144

Thanks, Aelan! These games were so fun I played them multiple times. I feel smarter, haha.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    On the third try I got an overall score of 140. It was the birdwatching that was killing me! So I practiced at it, and my highest score of all in birdwatching was 4400 (or, translated, 150).

So my final scores were:

Bird: 150
    Memory: 126
    Speed: 144

Thanks, Aelan! These games were so fun I played them multiple times. I feel smarter, haha.
    Welcome. Go tranquilize some sheep? I'm hoping for someone to get the cheetah. I've only seen it done once. That guy was a trader.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I've been practicing, and I seem to be improving on everything but memory. I recently got 141 on Attention, and 127 on Processing Speed. (Those two have actually been kind of fun recently.) I'm staying between 90-100 on memory... that must be my real deficit for some reason. Hmm... what could be causing that?
    Most likely the storage and recall of patterns - I would hazard a guess that chess players are likely to be better at this.

In theory, we can only remember less than 10 things - it's very very rare to even be able to do that (as mentioned earlier, it's about 7, this is pretty hard wired). The trick is to escalate the way we group things. For example, on this memory test, once they pop up more than 7 things (I think this is on level 6+ if you haven't missed one yet), you start losing some or all of what you were storing. The trick is to create new "patterns" out of the things, which is what I was doing with the mouse trick. By reducing 1-3 items you can raise your IQ on it from about level 7-8 to level 9-10 (about 130 to 145, it seems). Likewise, you can start remembering them in "groups", such as "in a row" and so forth rather than individually.

Anyway, I've increased my "IQ" by over 30 points. I don't think this is comparable to an IQ test for that reason. I think that I can probably break 180 on the processing speed one if I really focus and optimize it, but I can't break through the reaction time on the bird one - it gets impossible after about 160 or so. I'll probably try to break it again later Dinner has left me with no blood in my brain!

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post

Anyway, I've increased my "IQ" by over 30 points. I don't think this is comparable to an IQ test for that reason. I think that I can probably break 180 on the processing speed one if I really focus and optimize it, but I can't break through the reaction time on the bird one - it gets impossible after about 160 or so. I'll probably try to break it again later Dinner has left me with no blood in my brain!
    pt, if you hit the bird dead square on the centre, you get more points.

Edit: Don't give yourself carpel tunnel syndrome on the raindrops though. *rofl*

Oh, for the sheep game, I got .1356, which is still only a rabbit. And that was after a million times!

Ok I'll try again! Let's go!

.1246! I'm getting closer, you sheepy bastards. I'm averaging .125 for each bloody sheep!

Sheep 1: .000 seconds! :eek: But the rest weren't good enough! I wish I could print the screen and show you guys, but this computer doesn't have an image program! Ah!

Ok, found a way:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...tingrabbit.jpg

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

*rofl* hit printscreen and paste that onto a document or paint. If you want a faster time, halfclick the mouse. =D

But, posting it in just any document won't work! You can't use a word document, for example. I ended up using... microsoft office picture manager. And I edited, if you didn't see. Also, what's a half-click??

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    But, posting it in just any document won't work! You can't use a word document, for example. I ended up using... microsoft office picture manager. And I edited, if you didn't see. Also, what's a half-click??
    hmm. If you use print screen function, open a word doc, and hit Ctrl + V, it should paste the whole screen as an image file. *lol*. Anyway I'm impressed with your speed. I hate to say this, but generally guys do better on this test. =D

half click. Sort of like a half shutter on a camera. You depress the mouse halfway so when the sheep shoots, you just have half the distance to click vs the whole. *rofl* Maybe we should ask pt how to sneak around this test.