User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    These are heavily inflated scores... and easy to game. I could probably break 160 "IQ" if I spent another hour working out strategies. (Although I don't think I could get much higher than that... although I might be able to if I drop my resolution and don't use a widescreen... the first game is much harder than the others right now - over 30 points different.)
    I am not so sure they are heavily inflated. But that's why I would like to compare the scores with the normal IQ scores of people here, I am curious how they compare. What is your IQ for example?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I am not so sure they are heavily inflated. But that's why I would like to compare the scores with the normal IQ scores of people here, I am curious how they compare.
    I meant heavily inflated for mine. These are aptitude tests, I highly doubt they have any significant relationship to general intelligence.

MBTI
    INTJ

I meant heavily inflated for mine. These are aptitude tests, I highly doubt they have any significant relationship to general intelligence.
    Well, I am sure the correlation will be big enough, maybe something like 0,5, with IQ that is.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

ptgatsby: Although I haven't tried to optimize my test-taking, the main limiting factor where the processing speed test was concerned seemed to be the mouse. It sucked to click that much, became tiring. If the test would have let me do it with the keyboard, well... things could have gotten interesting.

I have no doubt that practice would make better where this entire test-game is concerned.

Splittet: I'm dubious about most internet IQ tests. I generally score between the 130-140 range - the last one I took, a visual one at IQtest.dk, I got 135. I feel certain that I would score lower in an "official", paper test. (My parents got me tested when I was young [apparently I was really interested in reading strings of numbers] but I don't remember my score, nor do they. And I feel dumber as I grow older, so it's entirely possible that my IQ has decreased over the years.)
    Not really.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think if you take enough Internet tests you will get a pretty good picture of your IQ. Some tests are obviously quite a lot better than other though. I think IQtest.dk is good. I got 128 on it once upon a time. Actually it is 4-5 years ago.

I think this test might be pretty good in the +-2SD area, but rather awful at scores more extreme than that. High scores seem too easy to achieve indeed.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Well, I am sure the correlation will be big enough, maybe something like 0,5, with IQ that is.
    Hmmm, I hope so. I seem to be hitting about 160

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    ptgatsby: Although I haven't tried to optimize my test-taking, the main limiting factor where the processing speed test was concerned seemed to be the mouse. It sucked to click that much, became tiring. If the test would have let me do it with the keyboard, well... things could have gotten interesting.
    You can use the numpad btw

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I couldn't tell what these tests were trying to judge, but yes, my IQ usually falls in the 140-150 range (once I got a 160... but... yeah... I am figuring THAT test was whacked... ).

I don't know. After some point, all the extra IQ seems to be wasted. It certainly has not made me a happier person. I become more happy when I exercise my freedom to choose and empower myself.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I couldn't tell what these tests were trying to judge, but yes, my IQ usually falls in the 140-150 range (once I got a 160... but... yeah... I am figuring THAT test was whacked... ).

I don't know. After some point, all the extra IQ seems to be wasted. It certainly has not made me a happier person. I become more happy when I exercise my freedom to choose and empower myself.
    That makes you a powerful argument high scores are actually NOT too easy to achieve. I think the test seems amazingly accurete taking into account how short it is.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

You can use the numpad btw :D
    Well, darn.

Ah, well. No use taking the whole thing for the second time - the average would change 4-5 points at the most. And I've already made my ambivalence clear. :)
    Not really.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

You can use the numpad btw

Oh well, I guess a 157 is still respectable! (My mouse hand just could not keep up with the rainfall, or I might have gone longer.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft