User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Aelan - your silly IQ test tried to eat me alive!! My overall score was 143. The math stuff really killed me (thanks, math dyslexia!). And the monsters were distractingly cute.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't understand why I'm so awful at these things. Everyone else is doing as well the first time as I did the second or third time, and by their second or third try, I look pathetic.

For some reason, I actually do worse on the memory one every time I retake it... although I improve on the others.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Our dear Athenian, those stupid tests are designed by innrwebz-people with coding experience and too much time on their hands. They're in NO WAY a reflection of your intelligence, personality, reflexes, "fun factor" or joie de vive. I'll bet you any amount of money that if we sat down in front of each other with a piece of paper, logic problems and a timer, you'd whip me back into the Stone Age.

Example: My math skills are high in general, but my day-to-day recognition of numbers and problem-solving is rock bottom. What most people solve in two or three seconds (like 52- 3) takes me 20 seconds, and that's not including mistakes, backing up, checking again, USING MY FINGERS, etc. I'm that bad.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    OMNi

I only got 110 on the first test and .2928 Bobbing Bobcat on the second. I'm average!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    And the monsters were distractingly cute.
    The red ones were. The blue ones were horrid.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP

Hmm, that was more fun than a test. My first run through was;

Attention - 140
    Memory - 142
    Processing speed - 157.

Total, 147

I wouldn't take this test seriously, which is why I will post the results

Course, I had to get pelican as my first question - not exactly the bird I was thinking of and I used up 11 exposures...

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Meh. My memory stinks. But this doesn't come as much of a surprise. :rolli:

First try -

Attention - 113
    Memory - 90
    Processing - 154
    Total - 119

Third try (my second try for attention/bird and memory was worse than my first try!!)-

Attention - 133
    Memory - 100
    Processing - 155
    Total - 129

And I believe that's the best I can do.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Processing speed - 157.
    I'm very curious how high people can get this - I consider myself very good at this, but I absolutely cannot break 166. It's wayyy too fast at that point for me to think that anyone other than an accountant can o_O

edit: NM, I figured out how to run it up higher, now at 175.

Hints for maxing out scores that I'm aware of;

1) When guessing birds, if you know the answer of the bird, stop looking at the letter. Try to get the bird as close as possible - once you get up to about 6 correct in a row the value of getting it dead on is over 1000 - this bumps your score up by as much as 50%... I went from about 2500 to 4500 just by knowing that the bird was swallow.

2) Use the mouse to mark sequences, then forget about them. I use "on" as a single, the + marker as diagonal, the | or _ line as connected and slightly offset on the + as a 3 block. Later on (around round 7), you are working on pathfinding, so forget about memorizing where the dudes are and realise that there will be only one route. If you have two lives, you can walk onto a monster then off, which bumps you up some if need be.

3) The points for each guessed number increases by one, so this is about speed more than anything else. Later on, after about 15,000 points, you won't be able to keep up... however, you should try to target all of the 5-10 numbers as soon as you see them - they often trigger multiple hits and you are now just on a timer to get as many as possible before you trigger. Your score will escalate by thousands and thousands if you get a sun later in the game like this and can work it out. The difference here is in the thousands (I went from about 18000 to 29,000 just by ignoring the high number ones and taking the lower ones.)

I figure you can increase your average scores by more than 10-20 points on these just by using these three tricks.

MBTI
    INTJ

But people, how do you score in normal IQ tests compared to this one?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    But people, how do you score in normal IQ tests compared to this one?
    These are heavily inflated scores... and easy to game. I could probably break 160 "IQ" if I spent another hour working out strategies. (Although I don't think I could get much higher than that... although I might be able to if I drop my resolution and don't use a widescreen... the first game is much harder than the others right now - over 30 points different.)