User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Technology Personality Test (MBTI)

9w8 so/sx

Your personality type is probably ENTP (or perhaps ENFP). In case you are one of the 15% for whom this result is not correct, you should regard this as a starting point only and use this report to decide for yourself what your personality type is.

The first way to look at your personality type is in terms of the four preference scales. On this basis your type is INTP, but when we use another method (pattern matching) we reach a different conclusion, that your type is ENTP or ENFP.

answers with the average patterns for each of the sixteen personality types. This can sometimes leads to a different result than the previous screen for various reasons which we won't go into now but are described in the full report. Your scores, which show how closely your personality matches each overall pattern, are:

ENTP 83%
    ENFP 82%
    INTP 81%
    INFP 79%
    INTJ 78%
    INFJ 77%
    ENTJ 59%
    ISTP 59%
    ENFJ 57%
    ISFP 57%
    ESTP 38%
    ESFP 37%
    ESTJ 37%
    ESFJ 34%
    ISTJ 34%
    ISFJ 33%

This table suggests that your preferences are most likely to be for ENTP or ENFP.

If your personality type is ENTP then you are someone who challenges the status quo, seeking to uncover the hidden potential or new possibilities in different situations. You start projects and introduce change on an experimental basis, not knowing fully what is going to happen, but in the expectation that it will lead to an improvement. You enjoy the challenge of doing something that has not been done before and seems impossible.

Function Attitude Scores
    Ne 28
    Ni 27
    Ti 23
    Fi 22
    Te 13
    Fe 12
    Se 8
    Si 7

Your mental muscle diagram suggests:
    ■your dominant function is iNtuition and fairly balanced
    ■your auxiliary (second most important) is Thinking and very introverted
    ■your tertiary (third) is Feeling and very introverted
    ■your inferior (fourth) is Sensation and fairly balanced

What does this mean?
    The most important mental muscle (or 'dominant function') for an ENTP is the perceptive one of iNtuition. This means you like looking at information from a global viewpoint, spotting new patterns and relationships, that lead to an understanding of the key issues. You tend to focus more on possibilities for the future than the here-and-now, and you enjoy change, challenge, and variety.

The perceptive iNtuition function is extraverted. That is, iNtuition is used primarily to govern the outer world of actions and spoken words. You therefore try ideas out in practice, to explore new possibilities and discover, by experience, which ones work. You prefer to change procedures to see if any improvement can be made, rather than just operate them. You therefore take an evolutionary approach to development, perhaps with an eye on the strategy which can change. You are more interested in exploring ideas than bringing them to closure.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    here is the other thread on that test... I remembered hating it before because most of the time I didn't like EITHER option it gave me
    Heh. I know what you mean about the knee-jerk reaction to the word 'values' (associating it with bible-thumpers, etc.) I've heard plenty of other definitions on this board, but that's still my strongest association with the word.

Even aside from that though, I think it can be hard to choose between two functions when you don't identify with either particularly strongly. This can be the case with xxTP types having to select an Fi answer or a Te one.

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Now that you mention it, no.
    Okay, just checking. I thought maybe I'd unknowingly skipped over part of the report.
    Last edited by Xenon; 06-26-2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: added something

The Fi and Te questions were the only ones that were weird for me. The Te side seemed so repulsive that it scared me clear over to the other side of the screen by default. "I very much like checking everyone has done what they were meant to do." Once I found myself clicking on Fi answers, I was thinking, "Yeah, this is WAY better than that, but it's not really a big part of who I am."

Now that I think about it, though, I did rate the Fi parts accurately in those cases and in the others. I guess I have a decent amount of Fi.

Type: INTP

INTP -87%
    INTJ -87%
    INFJ -81%
    INFP -76%
    ENTP -70%
    ISTP -69%
    ENFP -64%
    ENTJ -58%
    ISFP -58%
    ISTJ -51%
    ENFJ - 47%
    ISFJ - 46%
    ESTJ - 40%
    ESTP -34%
    ESFP -29%
    ESFJ -29%

INFJ near the top really surprises me, but it makes sense due to my unusually high Ni score. Ne, Ni, Ti have come out as my top three in almost all of the previous tests I've ever taken, but the orders they've been in have flip-flopped a lot. Fi has often been "average" or "good". Most of the time, I'd score as an INTP or ENTP, because my Fe and Te scores wouldn't be high enough to be an INTJ or INFJ.

Ni 30
    Ti 27
    Fi 22
    Ne 21
    Si 14
    Te 13
    Fe 8
    Se 5

I like this test. I may buy the full report.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shit .. Still flitting on the t/f front. I want my J back.

ISTJ 67%
    ISFJ 64%
    INFJ 40%
    INTJ 43%
    ISTP 68%
    ISFP 61%
    INFP 49%
    INTP 56%
    ESTP 76%
    ESFP 73%
    ENFP 48%
    ENTP 52%
    ESTJ 67%
    ESFJ 60%
    ENFJ 48%
    ENTJ 55%

Se 25
    Si 21
    Ti 19
    Te 19
    Fe 16
    Fi 16
    Ne 14
    Ni 10
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

An interesting theme is a high proportion of Ne users scoring higher or equal Ni, rather than Ni. Seems like a problem with the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    It's a shit test. Half the questions were false dichotomies where I liked both answers, or neither.
    The test compares your fourth function and your dominant function, measuring the strength of preference. Liking both or neither is bound to happen given that some questions would address functions that are both either relatively strong or weak.

I really like the test design, I liked it so much I did it again. Out of curiosity, what is a good test in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I really like the test design, I liked it so much I did it again.
    I did it again and got similar results.. I don't think it's that crappy.

Se 28
    Fi 27
    Si 22
    Ti 20
    Fe 15
    Ne 13
    Te 8
    Ni 7

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I did it again and got similar results.. I don't think it's that crappy.

Se 28
    Fi 27
    Si 22
    Ti 20
    Fe 15
    Ne 13
    Te 8
    Ni 7
    The Ni is low because the Se is high. That is the downside of the way it is done.

Yeah, I don't think Ni is super "low" for me or anything, but it's definitely not my usual way of percieving either.. so I don't mind. I am definitely more Se than Ni.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Ni is super "low" for me or anything, but it's definitely not my usual way of percieving either.. so I don't mind. I am definitely more Se than Ni.
    Yeah, at the end of the day the other longer cognitive functions test is a better test for that.