• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personal Aura Colors Quiz (Pamala Oslie)

G

garbage

31xCm.png

Violet and Green, I guess

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Thank you kindly.

Ok, so "Love Colors" has an entire chapter dealing with red overlays! Chapter 10: Challenges and When to Let Go. pgs 315-346.

I can't even begin to summarize or condense something that big, so I'll just say it introduces what a red overlay is, describes red overlays on each color specifically, and also has a "when to let your [color] partner go" section for each color.

My brief summary from WCIYA [Bowers]:
3 primary causes all "danger" related: 1) issues with birth [premature, physical problem], 2) abuse [physical, sexual] as young child [before age 3] 3) emotional abandonment or betrayal.

"Outcome of having a red overlay is the component of rage..." "safe productive outlets such as psychotherapy, bioenergetics, or gestalt therapy need to be found to release the emotional pressure that builds up"...."Boxing, pumping iron, or hard physical labor are all ways to vent the pressure..."

I went back to see what your primary color was, and you had 3 that were close. I won't summarize for 3 colors, but if you can pick what you consider your primary, I'll try and condense and summarize Oslie's stuff on red overlays for your primary color.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you Scott! You rock. My top two were Violet and Yellow. I had two.

I've done both longer-term psychotherapy and shorter-term confrontational/primal screaming type of therapy. Both helped tremendously.

Running really did help me, I think. I just to make sure I have an outlet for my physical energy, that helps me. I mean I have an impulse to move anyway, I walk more than most Americans I've met :dry: but I think when I actually do some slightly higher level physical exercise it really helps me.

Being an exotic dancer helped me in that way, too. Really any kind of intense physical exercise.

I like sciski's meditation ideas, too.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Thank you Scott! You rock. My top two were Violet and Yellow. I had two.

I've done both longer-term psychotherapy and shorter-term confrontational/primal screaming type of therapy. Both helped tremendously.

Running really did help me, I think. I just to make sure I have an outlet for my physical energy, that helps me. I mean I have an impulse to move anyway, I walk more than most Americans I've met :dry: but I think when I actually do some slightly higher level physical exercise it really helps me.

Being an exotic dancer helped me in that way, too. Really any kind of intense physical exercise.

I like sciski's meditation ideas, too.

Are there any sizable bookstores near you that you can go to? I've seen this book in several bookstores, and it might be easiest for you to just go read what you consider relevant yourself.
http://www.amazon.com/Love-Colors-A...5758/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306213005&sr=8-1
I always see it in the "new age" section of the bookstore, which is often alphabetized by author [or at least sections are]. I've specifically seen this book lately in 2 medium-sized Barnes & Nobles.

Anyways, pg 326 yellow with red overlay, section is 3 paragraphs long. snippets
-"Oddly, yellows are among most likely to have been ...abused as children, possibly because yellows are such innocent pleasers."
-"Many energetic and curious yellows felt the harsh hand of a frustrated, overwhelmed parent trying to control them."
-"with red overlay, yellows can be far more aggressive and self-destructive with their addictions...overdose on drugs, smoke until they die, or drink themselves into oblivion."

pg 338 violets with red overlays, 2 paragraphs long "when to leave your [color]" sections are like 1.5 pages each
-"more violets have red overlays than any other love color" {Wow, you just really struck out in this category huh Marm!}
-"...troubled people are intuitively drawn to them" {your "luck" streak seems to continue} "...simultaneously, those same people can be intimidated by the wisdom that shows in violets eyes... threatened by violets advanced awareness, people often mistreat them."
-"Communicators that they are, violets can become verbally hostile if they have red in their auras..." {not touching that one with a 12 ft stick}
-"Unless violets get therapy to undo the damage done in their childhood, they are certain to struggle and face more drama in their lives than most of their peers." {Got drama??? <-rhetorical question. That should be like a logo on a t-shirt, I bet those would sell well! That or "I'm with drama" and like an arrow pointing to the dramatic person or something.}

Well, there you go. These red overlay sections for each color are pretty short, but the "When to move away from your [color] sections are quite a bit longer.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Blues (6) (& Red Overlay)
Blues are some of the most loving, nurturing and supportive personalities of the Life Colors. They live from their heart and emotions. Their purpose for being on the planet is to give love, to teach love and to learn that they are loved. Their priorities are love, relationships, and spirituality.

Blues are traditionally teachers, counselors, and nurses---basically the loving, nurturers and caretakers on the planet. Blues are constantly helping others. They want to make sure that everyone feels loved and accepted. People are always turning to Blues for comfort and counsel because Blues will always be there for them. They consistently provide a shoulder for others to cry on.

Blues are the most emotional personalities in the aura spectrum. They can cry at the drop of a hat. Blues cry when they are happy, hurt, angry, sad, or for no apparent reason at all. Even watching a sentimental commercial on television can bring on tears.

To learn more about careers, relationships, money, healthy, children, etc for Blues, read Life Colors: What the Colors in Your Aura Say About You or Love Colors: A New Approach to Love, Relationships, and Auras.

Second closest were Magenta (4) and Yellow (4)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks again Scott! I appreciate it and will probably look that book up. I relate to both (I really did try to please adults a lot as a child like a Yellow, and also had a very oppositional high-stress, high-strung ESTJ parent-type figure) but the Violet stuff really does sound like me HA. HA HA HA.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Top ones (apparently no single one really stands out for me)-

Indigo-7
Violet -6
Sensitive Tan -6
Yellow-5
Crystal-5
Green-5

--------------

However after reading the blurbs, I think Sensitive Tan is probably my highest. After that I really have no idea; I can't relate to the spiritual/psychic slant of most of the descriptions, so therefore can't really figure out what my 2nd woud be :) (Although I really really relate to the more nature-y, active, and loving-to-laugh aspect of Yellow)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
crystal makes sense it explains why so many people say that they feel comfortable around me. very different people in that as well

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Crystal, Sensitive tan, Lavender. I have a little bit of a red overlay I think.

T

ThatGirl

I can't believe I took this test.

Anyway my three top scores were Green (12), Environmental Tan (9), and Indigo (8).

Noon

Lavender (9). The others were really low in comparison.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
a tie between Yellow and Abstract Tan :unsure:

I guess I'm cheerful and spacey :blush:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Top results:
10- Blue
10- Environmental Tan
9- Violet
9- Crystal
9- Lavendar

S

Sniffles

I got 10 on Violet followed by 9 for Sensitive Tan, Abstract Tan, and Lavenders.

SilverMoon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I guess im both Crystal and Blue. i made 12 on both of them.

Crystal

Crystal
Crystal is a rare Life Color. Crystals have clear auras and are known as the "aura chameleons." Like chameleons, their auras will change colors to match those of the people they are connecting with at the time. They then take on the characteristics, behavior patterns, emotions and thoughts of that color.

Consequently, in power Crystals can get along quite well with almost anyone. Yellows , for example, feels they can relate to Crystals who, when they are with them, act and think like Yellows . Later, when the same Crystals spend time with Sensitive Tans, the Tans can feel as if they have found kindred spirits.

However, the Crystals' inconsistencies can also confuse people. One minute Crystals think and behave like Greens . A short while later, they can act like Blues . The more they connect and bond with others, the more their personalities change.

Because Crystals tend to absorb the colors of other people's auras, people can, at times, feel an energy drain when they are in the presence of Crystals. In power, Crystals can be a clear conduit or channel for healing energy. Being natural healers, the Crystals' gift is to help their clients clear blockages, thereby enabling the clients' own natural healing processes to take place.

While healing, balanced Crystals are able to keep their thoughts and emotions out of the way, making the healing more pure. Crystals do not always understand their healing abilities. It can often frighten and confuse them or cause them to feel overwhelmed. These rare souls are often physically fragile and delicate.

Because of their unusual sensitivity, they can only heal one person at a time. They then need to go to a peaceful place to cleanse their aura. Working with too many people can short-circuit their system.

Blues

Blue
Blues are some of the most loving, nurturing and supportive personalities of the Life Colors. They live from their heart and emotions. Their purpose for being on the planet is to give love, to teach love and to learn that they are loved. Their priorities are love, relationships, and spirituality.

Blues are traditionally teachers, counselors, and nurses---basically the loving, nurturers and caretakers on the planet. Blues are constantly helping others. They want to make sure that everyone feels loved and accepted. People are always turning to Blues for comfort and counsel because Blues will always be there for them. They consistently provide a shoulder for others to cry on.

Blues are the most emotional personalities in the aura spectrum. They can cry at the drop of a hat. Blues cry when they are happy, hurt, angry, sad, or for no apparent reason at all. Even watching a sentimental commercial on television can bring on tears.

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Red - 2
Orange - 0
Magenta - 5
Yellow - 5
Logical Tan - 4
Environmental Tan - 1
Sensitive Tan - 6
Abstract Tan - 3
Green - 7
Blue - 10
Violet - 11
Lavender - 10
Crystal - 9
Indigo - 8

Red Overlay - 4

P

Phantonym

Crystal/Environmental Tan. That's what I usually get from this test. Both sound too "extreme" on the spectrum, but I suspect I'm more favourable towards Crystal as I dislike tan colour, so it's jinxed from the start. :shrug: