First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

^
    I guess my argument could stem from the fact that there is a you that have not changed. Is there? If so, what? What is a consistent behavior that has not changed? That average behavior that separates you from everyone else...that could be the symbol of your "youness"...unless...that one bit is pure flexibility. >.>

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    ^
    I guess my argument could stem from the fact that there is a you that have not changed. Is there? If so, what? What is a consistent behavior that has not changed? That average behavior that separates you from everyone else...that could be the symbol of your "youness"...unless...that one bit is pure flexibility. >.>
    It really doesn't seem like there's a me that hasn't changed. I'm so very, very different at 52 than I was at 15. Your experience of changing/unchanging may well be different. If there's change, one can view/explain it from within the MBTI system, as secondary or tertiary stuff, or from outside the system, in other ways. Although MTBI has been of help to me in the past, I've become uncomfortable with its foundational assumption that personality doesn't change. As far as I can tell, the assumption is one man's opinion (Jung's) based on his observations. And as it turns out, my observations differ.

Anyway, whether or not I'm right-wrong-both-neither about my current views, I enjoy the people on this forum and it's often a fun break. Jung was an interesting learner and synthesizer, and probably happy (I don't know), but so am I, an interesting learner and synthesizer, and definitely happy. So taking a close look at MBTI isn't something I want to pursue much further. There are other things in life!

MBTI
    INTJ

You scored 36% I to E, 84% N to S, 76% F to T, and 26% J to P!

Your type is known as the inspector, and the single word that describes your is superdependable. You also belong to the larger group of guardians. You look carefully at the people and institutions around you and notice every last detail. You feel it is up to you to make sure those around you uphold certain standards of attitude and conduct. You are down to earth, with a distaste for fanciful things. You prefer things practical to new-fangled. Your word is your bond. You have no problem with detail. You share your type with 10% of the population.
    As a romantic partner, you are dependable and predictable. You usually like things done in very specific ways. You tend to appreciate tradition, and you work hard to achieve goals. You have trouble sharing your feelings, though. In your eagerness to be organized and productive, you can also be unwilling to examine or embrace alternative points of view. You like to be appreciated for your practical contributions, your common sense, and the efforts you make to keep your life on track. You like to be thanked often, both informally and formally and are most likely to be upset when your partner forgets a tradition you hold dear, such as an anniversary.
    Your group summary: Guardians (SJ)
    Your Type Summary: ISTJ

Results are in line with my type, but some of the options to the question were dumb where neither answer fit me or both. I thought I'd end up differently but I didn't.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

INFP - the Healer

You scored 0% I to E, 0% N to S, 38% F to T, and 74% J to P!

You are more introverted than extroverted. You are more intuitive than observant, you are more feeling based than thinking based, and you prefer to go with the flow rather than having a plan. Your type can best be summarized by the word "Healer", which belongs to the larger group of idealists. You have a capacity for caring that is deeper than most. You strive for unity, are fascinated by the battles between good and evil, and can be something of an idealist. Only 1% of the population shares your type.

As a romantic partner, you are usually supportive and nurturing, however, you have a high need for individuality. Harmony is extremely important to you as you are very affected by conflict and tension, which also makes you resist confronting your partner directly about problems. When you get angry, you usually blame yourself, rather than your partner. You can also be stubborn and unyielding when you feel you are being criticized or mistreated. You feel the most appreciated when your partner listens to you carefully. You need to be understood. You need to hear your partner express their feelings, the more often, the better.
    Your group summary: idealists (NF)
    Your type summary: INFP

Quote Originally Posted by LeafAndSky View Post
    The result was ENFP.

(ENFP was what I got in the career development class back in 2008; INTJ in a 70s college psychology class; INFP in the child-rearing years; ISFP fits very well lately. One thing's for sure, you can't say I stagnate.)
    Look into "cognitive functions". It's rather unlikely that they would change so radically and so many times... The 4 letter dichotomy is just a code for what mental functions you use, and MBTI tests according to behavior & mindsets associated with those functions. So while behavior can change, actual functions likely do not change, which means your type stays the same your whole life, regardless of how you test.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INxJ

INTJ -The Mastermind

You scored 18% I to E, 21% N to S, 76% F to T, and 21% J to P!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

INTP - the Architect
    You scored 0% I to E, 5% N to S, 90% F to T, and 63% J to P!

You are more introverted than extroverted. You are more intuitive than observant, you are more thinking based than feeling based, and you prefer to go with the flow rather than have a routine. The single word to describe your type is the Architect, which belongs to the larger group of rationals. You wish to sculpt the world around you. Others often find you arrogant, yet you have no desire to direct others, only to inform them. You must know the structure of things, and have a voracious appetite for knowledge. You are very rational in everything you do, and probably consider yourself smarter than most.
    As a romantic partner, you can be playful with great energy to get things started, but not quite as good on follow through. You may have a tendency to hurt the more emotional types unintentionally by not sharing your own reactions and feelings as you can get swept up in your own ideas and projects. You want to be appreciated for your ability to respond quickly and to fix problems creatively. You need plenty of time to yourself - therefore your parnter must respect your need for independence and originality.
    Your group summary: Rationals (NT)
    Your type summary: INTP

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

INTP - the Architect
    You scored 36% I to E, 11% N to S, 81% F to T, and 74% J to P!

Naaaaaaaah. But I'm in an anti-social head space so *shrug*

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

ENFJ

Your type is known as the teacher, or the educating mentor. You also belong to the larger group, called idealists. You tend to bring out the best in other people. You lead without seeming to do so. People are naturally drawn to you. You expect the very best from people which takes the form of enthusiastic encouragement which is so charming that people try their best not to disappoint you. You share your personality type with 3% of the population.
    You need to feel a deep and meaningful connection to your romantic partners, and go to great lengths to understand and please your mate. Harmony is vitally important to you, and you often put others' needs before your own. You have a pretty thin skin and are easily hurt. Although you strive for harmony, when your values or ethics are violated, you can be very emotional, confrontational, and even punishing. However, you are very insightful about the underlying cause of conflicts, and an excellent communicator, so you have the tools to bring about a quick and peaceful resolution as long as you can keep control of your facilities. You want to be appreciated for your thoughtfulness and compassion. You need your partner to make a real effort to get to know you. Above all, you need to be able to express your feelings and have them taken seriously.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ENFP - The Champion
    You scored 73% I to E, 21% N to S, 33% F to T, and 58% J to P!

Your type is known as the Champion type, which is part of the larger group called idealists. Nothing occurs that does not have some deep and ethical significance in your eyes. You see life as an exciting drama. You are very charismatic, yet tend to be too harsh on yourself for not being as genuine as you think you should be. 3% of the population shares your type.
    As a romantic partner, you need to talk about what is going on in your life. You are a strong supporter for your partner's efforts to grow and change and be happy. You need to feel that same support from your partner. Expressive, optimistic, and curious, you are eager to enjoy new experiences with your partner, whom you wish to be your confidant and soul mate, as well as play mate. You are uncomfortable sharing negative emotion, though, and tend to withdraw from confrontation and process your feelings privately. You feel most loved when your partner appreciates your creativity, accepts your uniqueness, and sees you as the compassionate person you are. You need to hear your partner tell you how much you mean to them and would love if they did thoughtful spontaneous things to demonstrate it.
    Your group summary: idealists (NF)
    Your type summary: ENFP

I haven't scored ISTP in a long time.

ISTP- The Crafter

You scored 27% I to E, 74% N to S, 62% F to T, and 74% J to P!

You do not approach strangers readily, but you have no problem leading. You are so sure of yourself, others are hesitant not to listen. Your type is known as the crafter, which belongs to the larger group of experiencers. You are likely a master of tools, including vehicles, musical instruments, and weapons. Most pilots are of this personality type. You are always on the go, you live for the here and now to follow your whims, and you share your type with 10% of the population. You don't feel very parental, but you feel your fraternal bonds very deeply.
    As a romantic partner, you are calm and handy to have around when something goes wrong. You are very responsive to immediate and obvious needs in your partner, but are less comfortable with emotional ones. You are fun, playful, and adventurous. However, at your heart, you are something of a loner and will resist exposing your private thoughts. You want to be appreciated for your ability to size up a problem and solve it quickly. You feel most appreciated when you are left to do your own thing spontaneously.