• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Colour is Your Aura?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
nooo how come you get to be the best type :(

The answer is: Enneagram 4

Of course where as you say best, there are others on this site who would probably say worst.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Though I did not take this specific test from the specific site listed, for those who care I would like to point out that this aura color personality system was first "discovered" by Barbara Bowers in the 1980's or so, and then further popularized [by her student?] Pamela Oslie, who at one time made it WAY more New Agey-ish. Both claimed to literally see such colors in a person's aura. "What Color is Your Aura" was the book Bowers published on this, my personal copy is right beside me as I type this, and occasionally I view her book as more "useful" than MBTI. Oslie went WAY New Agey in her first book on the subject, and then came back far closer to "normal reality" in her "Love Colors", which is also right in front of me as I type this. Bowers didn't focus on it, but Oslie made a REALLY big point about Indigo children ["they naturally talk with each other telepathically!"], and many others have as well. While taking a pretty "what have you been smoking lately?!?!?" attitude towards that subject, I will say that I was very impressed with Jaffe and Davidson's book on Indigo Adults. It probably helps for me that the latter spent like 20 years or so living in yoga ashrams in India.

Anyways, I'm lead Indigo with crystal being 2nd. "Got spirituality?"

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"What Color is Your Aura" was the book Bowers published on this, my personal copy is right beside me as I type this, and occasionally I view her book as more "useful" than MBTI.

Tell me I am not a green, Scott! :cry: :emot-emo:

:D

EDIT: I took it again & got Crystal....doesn't really ring a bell either.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
Though I did not take this specific test from the specific site listed, for those who care I would like to point out that this aura color personality system was first "discovered" by Barbara Bowers in the 1980's or so, and then further popularized [by her student?] Pamela Oslie, who at one time made it WAY more New Agey-ish. Both claimed to literally see such colors in a person's aura. "What Color is Your Aura" was the book Bowers published on this, my personal copy is right beside me as I type this, and occasionally I view her book as more "useful" than MBTI. Oslie went WAY New Agey in her first book on the subject, and then came back far closer to "normal reality" in her "Love Colors", which is also right in front of me as I type this. Bowers didn't focus on it, but Oslie made a REALLY big point about Indigo children ["they naturally talk with each other telepathically!"], and many others have as well. While taking a pretty "what have you been smoking lately?!?!?" attitude towards that subject, I will say that I was very impressed with Jaffe and Davidson's book on Indigo Adults. It probably helps for me that the latter spent like 20 years or so living in yoga ashrams in India.

Anyways, I'm lead Indigo with crystal being 2nd. "Got spirituality?"
I'm telepathing you the reasons why I think this is crazy talk.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Tell me I am not a green, Scott! :cry: :emot-emo:

:D

EDIT: I took it again & got Crystal....doesn't really ring a bell either.

Ya know, I haven't read about the non-spiritual colors in a while, so I don't especially remember what green is, but I thought the tans were more of the strategists???

Anyways, look back at that green description and replace "analytical" with "arty/funky" and does that fit more???

I could easily see lots of INF's being crystals. The whole nurturing/recharging thing/"getting in touch with myself" and soothing thing.

<runs over to bookshelf to grab Bower's book>
Ya know OA, reading some more here on the green section, from what I know of you, I can definitely see the overlap with either green or crystal. Like I said above, replace the word "analytical" with "creative/artsy/funky/perspective" and wa laa do you see it now??? Also, under her "career options" section it clearly lists advertising, marketing, and PR for greens. Oh, and party planners and special event coordinators :D

I still get to be more spiritual though! :harhar: :moonwalk: :p

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ya know OA, reading some more here on the green section, from what I know of you, I can definitely see the overlap with either green or crystal. Like I said above, replace the word "analytical" with "creative/artsy/funky/perspective" and wa laa do you see it now??? Also, under her "career options" section it clearly lists advertising, marketing, and PR for greens. Oh, and party planners and special event coordinators :D

The perfectionist & measuring worth by creativity parts ring true. I'm a graphic designer though, far from being any kind of party/event coordinator :huh:. I work alone & like it that way....and I HATE planning :D.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm telepathing you the reasons why I think this is crazy talk.

No no no, that was indigo *children* who naturally communicate telepathically, I however am an Indigo adult :cheese:. "Apparently" the world told me that my "apparent" natural indigo gifts were unacceptable, and therefore I [and virtually every child everywhere "apparently"] "forgot" or "let go" of them. Like all those quotation marks? :D Seriously though, ask people who believe that children are naturally psychic but adults aren't and that is the stock response they will give as to why. "Society taught children that their natural psychic gifts were wrong/unacceptable/etc" Ive had several people tell me that one, and have read it TONS of places. None of which makes it true of course, nor necessarily false for that matter, though I'm pretty sure few people will take such statements seriously. Fwiw, I have met a handful of people who say they could naturally see auras and such as a child and never "let go" of that ability. Personally, this is one area where I choose to be agnostic in my assessment of "what is really going on?"

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
The perfectionist & measuring worth by creativity parts ring true. I'm a graphic designer though, far from being any kind of party/event coordinator :huh:. I work alone & like it that way....and I HATE planning :D.

You know, I've never met you in person, so I can only guess from what I've read here and formerly at GC. To me though, I would think graphic designer seems pretty similar to marketing/advertising in terms of "how do I sell the design of this [whatever you designed] to the people who are paying me cuz they hope it will really catch on with their customers" You want your print ad, or internet ad, or apple/blackberry app to catch people's eye and be enticing and/or easy to use.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lethe, you have overlapping results. Your overlapping colours are:

Orange

or_mug.jpg

Oranges are daredevils. They are individualistic, fearless, physical, cunning, conquerors, danger-lovers and thrill-seekers. They have been known to tilt at windmills.

Indigo

in_mug.jpg

Indigos are truth-tellers. They are quiet, alert, spiritual, inquisitive, patient, determined, guiltless, stubborn and honest. They can be blunt.

Lavender
la_mug.jpg

Lavenders are the dreamers and artists. They are in-tune with alternate realities, escapists, solitary, intuitive, emotional, daydreamers. They can have difficulty connecting with reality

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know, I've never met you in person, so I can only guess from what I've read here and formerly at GC. To me though, I would think graphic designer seems pretty similar to marketing/advertising in terms of "how do I sell the design of this [whatever you designed] to the people who are paying me cuz they hope it will really catch on with their customers" You want your print ad, or internet ad, or apple/blackberry app to catch people's eye and be enticing and/or easy to use.

There are elements of that, but it's less strategic. More about having a natural artistic eye & "feeling" what works.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
No no no, that was indigo *children* who naturally communicate telepathically, I however am an Indigo adult :cheese:. "Apparently" the world told me that my "apparent" natural indigo gifts were unacceptable, and therefore I [and virtually every child everywhere "apparently"] "forgot" or "let go" of them. Like all those quotation marks? :D Seriously though, ask people who believe that children are naturally psychic but adults aren't and that is the stock response they will give as to why. "Society taught children that their natural psychic gifts were wrong/unacceptable/etc" Ive had several people tell me that one, and have read it TONS of places. None of which makes it true of course, nor necessarily false for that matter, though I'm pretty sure few people will take such statements seriously. Fwiw, I have met a handful of people who say they could naturally see auras and such as a child and never "let go" of that ability. Personally, this is one area where I choose to be agnostic in my assessment of "what is really going on?"
Apparently.

Ken Robinson says schools kill creativity | Video on TED.com

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
STOP LAUGHING AT ME. :cry:

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
Dude, check out Jan Tober and his books on Indigo children. You'll be barfing in minutes!!! Amongst many barf-inducing moments, my "favorites" were when they interviewed socially disaffected unhappy teenagers who "just knew" that they were enlightened. I've met Zen Buddhist priests, I'm pretty sure these interviewed teenage kids were not on that level.
Maybe we are saying the same thing in different ways.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
STOP LAUGHING AT ME. :cry:

Hey, I'm indigo too!!! Quite strongly actually.

Ya know Marm, last time I checked you've never claimed that you "just knew" that you were enlightened, or any of the other Indigo child stuff. Interestingly enough, the Indigo adult things I've read never made any claims about "just knowing I'm enlightened" Hmmmm interesting...

Getting backon track with this thread, I think we need more violets and lavendars, and some more blues. Actually, I'd kinda expect a lot of blues here. I think the ESTP's have the orange and reds taken care of for us. I wonder if more bliues will come from the FJ's, and particularly SFJ's, and more lavender/violet from the NFJ's???

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This reminds me of when I first took an MBTI test. I got INTP and was like "This is BS!" because it did not fit me.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This reminds me of when I first took an MBTI test. I got INTP and was like "This is BS!" because it did not fit me.

I got INTP quite a bit too. There were some MBTI-fluent adults who apparently thought I was clearly that until they were all shocked to find out that I was an idealist/NF.

What REALLY made me hate MBTI early on was when I kept getting INTJ. That was clearly wrong...

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your aura is yellow.

Yellows are the children - playful, sunny, joyous, active, physical, leaders by example, friendly, trusting and childlike. They can have an addictive personality.

Yellows are those people most affected by the body's sensitive biochemical balance. When they are not careful, they are susceptible to physical addiction-bodily cravings. Yellows need to learn to recognize and act on the signals their bodies send them.

The best way for Yellows to measure their own success is by the amount of joy they are experiencing in life. It is when they experience joy that Yellows come to know God. To experience joy is to be congruent with one's inner being and to express it appropriately at work and play. Of all the colors, it is the Yellows' obligation to organize their lives so that everything they do gives them personal satisfaction. It is by this example that they teach.

It sounds pretty true on my part.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got INTP quite a bit too. There were some MBTI-fluent adults who apparently thought I was clearly that until they were all shocked to find out that I was an idealist/NF.

What REALLY made me hate MBTI early on was when I kept getting INTJ. That was clearly wrong...

ahaha - thankfully I have never tested INTJ :D

You're a 4w5 right? I think a heavy 5 wing can account for an INFP testing as T....

And now thinking about this "aura" test, the lavender rings a bell for me, and it sounds 4ish, and the analytical & detached aspects of green sound 5ish. I can be a weird combo of dreamy and analytical.