First 23456 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

What American accent do you have?
    Your Result: The Inland North
    You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

I'm Dutch.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Phantonym

Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

Result Breakdown:
    87% Philadelphia
    80% The Midland
    76% The Northeast
    62% The South
    56% Boston
    56% The Inland North
    33% The West
    15% North Central

Ok, I had to YouTube Philly accent. I don't know, I really can't tell.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

wooohooo philly!

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Northeast. Got the NY accent all the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

West & Midland seem to both be nearly identical, neutral accents. Although West seems to have some subtle differences that are kind of hard to pick out when you're actually listening to someone talk (hence the "no one thinks you have an accent unless you're a SoCal surfer"), for example I pronounce "stock" and "stalk" the same, but I get Midland if I say different on the quiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxkom View Post
    The Inland North

I'm from Germany however :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I got inland north, but to be fair I am Canadian and they didn't ask me about the sounds people from my area of Canada mispronounce. Most of us, myself included can't pronounce beg, for example, without sounding weird: I'm bagging you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    Your Result: The Inland North
    You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

I'm Dutch.
    Not much point in taking the quiz if you're not even American, is there? /jk

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Your Result: The Midland
    SDMF

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Your Result: The Midland
    "You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.
    Result Breakdown:
    100% The Midland
    73% The South
    69% The West
    47% Philadelphia
    41% The Inland North
    31% Boston
    29% North Central
    27% The Northeast
    Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

I'm Australian... I'm Chinese.. How do I have an accent?

heart on fire

When I met my in-laws and they kept asking for a "pop" it would crack me up. I mean, I grew up in Texas in the 70-80s and a pop there meant you'd like someone to smack you in the mouth.

I don't know if people in TX use pop for soda now or not. It's been years since Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    When I met my in-laws and they kept asking for a "pop" it would crack me up. I mean, I grew up in Texas in the 70-80s and a pop there meant you'd like someone to smack you in the mouth.

I don't know if people in TX use pop for soda now or not. It's been years since Texas.

Whenever I hear anyone say "pop", I feel like I'm in the 1950s in the corner soda fountain. It just feels so anachronistic. But apparently it's the word used in a good part of the country.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari