User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Value Sorter

MBTI
    isxp

Default Value Sorter

At Six Seconds: Emotional Intelligence Network there is a tool called a digital value sorter. It asks you 90 questions and gives you a written report on your values and how your values may influence your future.

MBTI
    isxp

I thought I was sure of what I valued until taking this test. It was tough!

My results:

1. Friendships
    People who value this are likely to: care for their friends

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not have enough time for yourself or fear not having your friendship reciprocated

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are: Fred Rodgers, Helen Taft

One benefit of this value is: you may have more happiness in your life

"There is no hope of joy except in human relations." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

2. Health
    People who value this are likely to: to be well in mind and body

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become obsessed with your appearance and capabilities

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are: Andrew Weil

One benefit of this value is: you may have a higher quality of life

3. Independence
    People who value this are likely to: innovate, solve problems, stretch the boundaries

Having this value can be challenging because: you may keep yourself from forming close relationships that would be rewarding

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are: John Muir, Emily Dickinson, Henry David Thoreau

One benefit of this value is: you may be strong and resilient

"True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made." Franklin D. Roosevelt

MBTI
    OMNi

1. Friends

People who value this are likely to: care for their friends

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not have enough time for yourself or fear not having your friendship reciprocated

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Fred Rodgers, Helen Taft,

One benefit of this value is... you may have more happiness in your life

"There is no hope of joy except in human relations." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

2. Justice

People who value this are likely to: seek fairness for all people

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become angry with all the injustice you see and learn about

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Jane Adams, Dredd Scott, Voltaire

One benefit of this value is... you may experience he personal satisfaction of making the world a better place

"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free." Clarence Darrow:

3. Compassion/Service

People who value this are likely to: feel other's suffering and give oneself and one's resources to others

Having this value can be challenging because: you may find it difficult to find solace in your own life

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Florence Nightengale, Mother Theresa, Bob Hope

One benefit of this value is... you may feel fulfilled

"Although the world is very full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." Helen Keller

MBTI
    INFJ

The Value Sorter indicates these are your top 3 values

1. Wisdom

People who value this are likely to: have clear insight into themselves and human experience to make optimal decisions

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not be practical and focused on what needs to be done in the present moment or become condescending towards those you think are not well knowledgeable

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Benjamin Franklin, Confucious, Aspasia

One benefit of this value is... you may appreciate more of what matters most

"He who knows others is learned; he who knows himself is wise." Lao-Tze

2. Nature/Beauty

People who value this are likely to: to appreciate the aesthetic qualities in all its forms

Having this value can be challenging because: you may put overvalue external beauty

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Georgia O'Keeffe, Andy Goldsworthy, classical Greek sculptors

One benefit of this value is... you may experience joy and inspiration

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.The winds will blow their own freshness into you... while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir"

3. Spirituality

People who value this are likely to: experience the presence of something that transcends oneself

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose touch with the here and now

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu, Swami Vivekananda

"Everyone has a purpose in life---a unique gift or special talent to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals." Deepak Chopra
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Weird... this test makes me look rather bad, doesn't it?

Independence

People who value this are likely to: innovate, solve problems, stretch the boundaries

Having this value can be challenging because: you may keep yourself from forming close relationships that would be rewarding

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are John Muir, Emily Dickinson, Henry David Thoreau

One benefit of this value is... you may be strong and resilient

"True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Wisdom

People who value this are likely to: have clear insight into themselves and human experience to make optimal decisions

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not be practical and focused on what needs to be done in the present moment or become condescending towards those you think are not well knowledgeable

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Benjamin Franklin, Confucious, Aspasia

One benefit of this value is... you may appreciate more of what matters most

"He who knows others is learned; he who knows himself is wise." Lao-Tze

Wealth

People who value this are likely to: to possess substantial financial resources

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose touch with others life experience and perceive money as the primary measure of success and means to happiness

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are John D. Rockefeller, Sam Walton, Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan

One benefit of this value is... you may have more freedom to live life fully

"If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed." Edmund Burke

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Weird... this test makes me look rather bad, doesn't it?
    Why?
    ...Anais Nin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by tovlo View Post
    Why?
    Well, next to everyone else's values, I think I look rather selfish... those don't seem like the greatest values, especially wealth.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Well, next to everyone else's values, I think I look rather selfish... those don't seem like the greatest values, especially wealth.
    I can understand that, but I didn't see your value of wealth as expression of a selfish drive to accumulate excessive wealth.

I had an appreciation of beauty as one of mine and there is a side to that I would see as superficial and not value, but I don't think my appreciation for beauty manifests in that way at all.

If it matters, even if I don't share the value for wealth, I respect someone who would value the platform of freedom adequate financial resources can provide.
    ...Anais Nin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by tovlo View Post
    I can understand that, but I didn't see your value of wealth as expression of a selfish drive to accumulate excessive wealth.

I had an appreciation of beauty as one of mine and there is a side to that I would see as superficial and not value, but I don't think my appreciation for beauty manifests in that way at all.

If it matters, even if I don't share the value for wealth, I respect someone who would value the platform of freedom adequate financial resources can provide.
    Thanks. And I really think the only reason for my high "independence" score right now is because I don't really trust anyone right now... especially after this whole fiasco where they're thinking about being unfair to everyone and removing anonymity. I'm disgusted by the whole thing, and it's undermined my faith in people... hopefully only temporarily.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

1. Integrity

People who value this are likely to: act in accordance with a well developed set of values

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose something you value like popularity, friends, or a job.

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Dr. Martin Luther King, Mahatma Ghandi, Henry David Thoreau,

One benefit of this value is... you may be a powerful role model

"This above all; to thine own self be true." William Shakespeare

2. Justice

People who value this are likely to: seek fairness for all people

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become angry with all the injustice you see and learn about

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Jane Adams, Dredd Scott, Voltaire

One benefit of this value is... you may experience he personal satisfaction of making the world a better place

"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free." Clarence Darrow

3. Compassion/Service

People who value this are likely to: feel other's suffering and give oneself and one's resources to others

Having this value can be challenging because: you may find it difficult to find solace in your own life

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Florence Nightengale, Mother Theresa, Bob Hope

"Although the world is very full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." Helen Keller
    Autistic INFP