• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Value Sorter

pocket lint

MBTI Type
isxp
I thought I was sure of what I valued until taking this test. It was tough!

My results:

1. Friendships
People who value this are likely to: care for their friends

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not have enough time for yourself or fear not having your friendship reciprocated

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are: Fred Rodgers, Helen Taft

One benefit of this value is: you may have more happiness in your life

"There is no hope of joy except in human relations." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

2. Health
People who value this are likely to: to be well in mind and body

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become obsessed with your appearance and capabilities

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are: Andrew Weil

One benefit of this value is: you may have a higher quality of life

3. Independence
People who value this are likely to: innovate, solve problems, stretch the boundaries

Having this value can be challenging because: you may keep yourself from forming close relationships that would be rewarding

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are: John Muir, Emily Dickinson, Henry David Thoreau

One benefit of this value is: you may be strong and resilient

"True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
1. Friends

People who value this are likely to: care for their friends

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not have enough time for yourself or fear not having your friendship reciprocated

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Fred Rodgers, Helen Taft,

One benefit of this value is... you may have more happiness in your life

2. Justice

People who value this are likely to: seek fairness for all people

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become angry with all the injustice you see and learn about

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Jane Adams, Dredd Scott, Voltaire

One benefit of this value is... you may experience he personal satisfaction of making the world a better place

"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free." Clarence Darrow:

3. Compassion/Service

People who value this are likely to: feel other's suffering and give oneself and one's resources to others

Having this value can be challenging because: you may find it difficult to find solace in your own life

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Florence Nightengale, Mother Theresa, Bob Hope

One benefit of this value is... you may feel fulfilled

"Although the world is very full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." Helen Keller

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
The Value Sorter indicates these are your top 3 values

1. Wisdom

People who value this are likely to: have clear insight into themselves and human experience to make optimal decisions

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not be practical and focused on what needs to be done in the present moment or become condescending towards those you think are not well knowledgeable

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Benjamin Franklin, Confucious, Aspasia

One benefit of this value is... you may appreciate more of what matters most

"He who knows others is learned; he who knows himself is wise." Lao-Tze

2. Nature/Beauty

People who value this are likely to: to appreciate the aesthetic qualities in all its forms

Having this value can be challenging because: you may put overvalue external beauty

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Georgia O'Keeffe, Andy Goldsworthy, classical Greek sculptors

One benefit of this value is... you may experience joy and inspiration

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.The winds will blow their own freshness into you... while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir"

3. Spirituality

People who value this are likely to: experience the presence of something that transcends oneself

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose touch with the here and now

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu, Swami Vivekananda

"Everyone has a purpose in life---a unique gift or special talent to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals." Deepak Chopra

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Weird... this test makes me look rather bad, doesn't it?

Independence

People who value this are likely to: innovate, solve problems, stretch the boundaries

Having this value can be challenging because: you may keep yourself from forming close relationships that would be rewarding

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are John Muir, Emily Dickinson, Henry David Thoreau

One benefit of this value is... you may be strong and resilient

"True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Wisdom

People who value this are likely to: have clear insight into themselves and human experience to make optimal decisions

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not be practical and focused on what needs to be done in the present moment or become condescending towards those you think are not well knowledgeable

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Benjamin Franklin, Confucious, Aspasia

Wealth

People who value this are likely to: to possess substantial financial resources

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose touch with others life experience and perceive money as the primary measure of success and means to happiness

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are John D. Rockefeller, Sam Walton, Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan

One benefit of this value is... you may have more freedom to live life fully

"If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed." Edmund Burke

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, next to everyone else's values, I think I look rather selfish... those don't seem like the greatest values, especially wealth.

I can understand that, but I didn't see your value of wealth as expression of a selfish drive to accumulate excessive wealth.

I had an appreciation of beauty as one of mine and there is a side to that I would see as superficial and not value, but I don't think my appreciation for beauty manifests in that way at all.

If it matters, even if I don't share the value for wealth, I respect someone who would value the platform of freedom adequate financial resources can provide.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can understand that, but I didn't see your value of wealth as expression of a selfish drive to accumulate excessive wealth.

I had an appreciation of beauty as one of mine and there is a side to that I would see as superficial and not value, but I don't think my appreciation for beauty manifests in that way at all.

If it matters, even if I don't share the value for wealth, I respect someone who would value the platform of freedom adequate financial resources can provide.

Thanks. And I really think the only reason for my high "independence" score right now is because I don't really trust anyone right now... especially after this whole fiasco where they're thinking about being unfair to everyone and removing anonymity. I'm disgusted by the whole thing, and it's undermined my faith in people... hopefully only temporarily.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1. Integrity

People who value this are likely to: act in accordance with a well developed set of values

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose something you value like popularity, friends, or a job.

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Dr. Martin Luther King, Mahatma Ghandi, Henry David Thoreau,

One benefit of this value is... you may be a powerful role model

"This above all; to thine own self be true." William Shakespeare

2. Justice

People who value this are likely to: seek fairness for all people

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become angry with all the injustice you see and learn about

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Jane Adams, Dredd Scott, Voltaire

One benefit of this value is... you may experience he personal satisfaction of making the world a better place

"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free." Clarence Darrow

3. Compassion/Service

People who value this are likely to: feel other's suffering and give oneself and one's resources to others

Having this value can be challenging because: you may find it difficult to find solace in your own life

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Florence Nightengale, Mother Theresa, Bob Hope

"Although the world is very full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." Helen Keller

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
1 Friends People who value this are likely to: care for their friends

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Fred Rodgers, Helen Taft,

2 Wisdom People who value this are likely to: have clear insight into themselves and human experience to make optimal decisions

3 Health People who value this are likely to: to be well in mind and body

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become obsessed with your appearance and capabilities

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Andrew Weil,

One benefit of this value is... you may have a higher quality of life

"Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of the year." Franklin P. Adams

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Compassion/Service
Family
Wealth

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Friends
Integrity
Independence

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I wonder if the wealth part would have figured prominently in mine if we were in a more comfortable place. We've been climbing out of a hole that we dug when my husband was out of work for a year after 9/11 when the tech bubble burst.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
1)Health

People who value this are likely to: to be well in mind and body

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Andrew Weil,

One benefit of this value is... you may have a higher quality of life

"Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of the year." Franklin P. Adams

2)Wisdom

3)Independence

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are John Muir, Emily Dickinson, Henry David Thoreau

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I wonder if the wealth part would have figured prominently in mine if we were in a more comfortable place. We've been climbing out of a hole that we dug when my husband was out of work for a year after 9/11 when the tech bubble burst.
That would make sense. It had to be really hard and scary and not something you'd want to go through again.

I grew up in feast and famine. One week we'd be eating at Red Lobster in brand new duds and the next week we'd be eating mac & cheese and the phone would be disconnected. The first decade plus of married life was less polarized, but the mean was no higher, if that makes sense. Even though we are still in the hole and barely middle class now, I still feel almost rich. I emphatically do not want to retire destitute, but it is looking, as far as the big picture goes, like we will be able to be modestly comfortable in retirement, so I feel pretty secure atm.

To me, independence assumes a certain level of wealth.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

Adventure
People who value this are likely to: to experience the excitement of being outside of one's comfort zone

Having this value can be challenging because: you may seek thrills at the expense of other values you hold

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Charles Lindbergh, Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay, Jacques-Yves Cousteau

One benefit of this value is... you may experience excitement and self-satisfaction

"It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had." Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Independence

Wisdom

This may explain why I want to travel so much and learn about other cultures.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Value Sorter indicates these are your top 3 values

1. Spirituality

People who value this are likely to: experience the presence of something that transcends oneself

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose touch with the here and now

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu, Swami Vivekananda

"Everyone has a purpose in life---a unique gift or special talent to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals." Deepak Chopra

2. Integrity

People who value this are likely to: act in accordance with a well developed set of values

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose something you value like popularity, friends, or a job.

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Dr. Martin Luther King, Mahatma Ghandi, Henry David Thoreau,

One benefit of this value is... you may be a powerful role model

"This above all; to thine own self be true." William Shakespeare

3. Family

People who value this are likely to: provide and care for members of one's family

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not have enough time for yourself

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Theodore Roosevelt, Robert Kennedy, Marian Wright Edelman

"The family is one of nature's masterpieces." George Santayana

looks like I'm the scary one...

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Family
Friends
Independence

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I quit the application by the 30th question because there were just too many choices that I thought were the same thing, or where I thought that doing one would naturally lead to the other and it didnt matter which came first.

edit: for example: take care of loved ones/honour a higher power... um, hang on, if I'm honouring God as I think he wants me to, that would surely involve taking care of people?

edit 2: curiosity overcame me and I made it through to the end and got the following list of priorities:

1. Compassion/service
2. Adventure
3. Integrity