• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Him? Why Her? (Helen Fisher Test)

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Explorer/Director

You are very curious and you love adventure, either or both intellectual and physical. So when you get interested in something, you can become extremely focused on it, sometimes to the exclusion of all around you. You pursue your interests thoroughly, too, often with originality and exactitude.

You are adaptable, competitive and a problem-solver, as well as skeptical, tough minded and determined. Because you have a lot of energy and tend to be enthusiastic about your theories and projects, you can be very persuasive. You are eager to make an impact on those around you, too, as well as in the wider world.

You are irreverent and highly independent. So you can be oblivious to authority figures, as well as to rules, schedules and social customs. And although you enjoy people and can be charming and humorous, you are not interested in routine social engagements or anyone whom you regard as boring. Instead, you seek stimulating and focused conversations; and you are comfortable being by yourself, pursuing your own many interests.

Of all twelve (primary/secondary) types, you are also the most sexual-because both dopamine and testosterone stimulate the sex drive (lol). •Novelty seeking
•Impulsive and spontaneous
•Curious
•Creative
•Flexible
•Open-minded
•Energetic
•Decisive
•Focused
•Analytical
•Logical
•Competitive
•Self disciplined
•Independent
As an Explorer, you look out not in; you are foremost interested in the world around you. So you are attracted to a mate who is also intellectually and physically adventurous and interested in dissecting this complex, tangible universe. You particularly like imaginative and theoretical people, a "mind mate." And you like a partner who is sexual, because you regard sex as an important aspect of a relationship. You have nerves of steel and thrive on the edge. You are also decisive and direct. So you are unconsciously drawn to those who can balance out your highly independent and tough-minded spirit--those who are novelty seeking, yet compassionate, verbal, intuitive, trusting, flexible and emotionally expressive. You like to have good conversations on important topics; so people tend to admire you for your knowledge and innovativeness. You shy away from emotional or self-revealing conversations, however; introspection leaves you cold. Instead, you derive intimacy from doing things with friends or a partner. So you make an exciting, although at times aloof, companion.•You can be highly emotionally contained, even pretending that you are fine when you are in deep psychological or physical pain.
•You become impatient with cautious people or wordy conversations.
•You can become so wrapped up in your own interests that you spend too little time with your partner.
You tend to naturally gravitate to EXPLORER/negotiators.

funenergyadventurenewactivepassionoutgoingtravelingspontaneity/spontaneous

ambition/ambitiousrealgeekdebatechallenge/challengingpoliticsnerd/nerdyintellectualintelligent/intelligencedriven

I think this sums me up quite nicely

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"You are a
NEGOTIATOR/explorer
About Your Personality Type
You see the big picture. You easily take the broad, long view of almost any topic. You are comfortable juggling myriad facts. You tend to synthesize material easily and think in webs of factors, not straight lines. You are imaginative and enjoy ideas.

You are also socially savvy. You are good at both talking and listening. And you generally read people's faces, body postures and tone of voice accurately, so you often intuitively understand what people want and need.

You are also highly compassionate. You care deeply about others. So you are inclined to make personal sacrifices to be a supportive friend and colleague. And you are idealistic and altruistic; you like to work to improve the world.

And you have an adventurous side; you enjoy new ideas and novel experiences and you want to share these with an enthusiastic partner. But you are particularly fond of people who are direct, decisive, focused and tough-minded, people who complement your more flexible, agreeable and affable style.

You tend to naturally gravitate to DIRECTOR/explorers."

Yep... happy with that description, very much.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Ivy..., you are a Negotiator/Explorer

You see the big picture. You easily take the broad, long view of almost any topic. You are comfortable juggling myriad facts. You tend to synthesize material easily and think in webs of factors, not straight lines. You are imaginative and enjoy ideas.

You are also socially savvy. You are good at both talking and listening. And you generally read people's faces, body postures and tone of voice accurately, so you often intuitively understand what people want and need.

You are also highly compassionate. You care deeply about others. So you are inclined to make personal sacrifices to be a supportive friend and colleague. And you are idealistic and altruistic; you like to work to improve the world.

And you have an adventurous side; you enjoy new ideas and novel experiences and you want to share these with an enthusiastic partner. But you are particularly fond of people who are direct, decisive, focused and tough-minded, people who complement your more flexible, agreeable and affable style.
Sees the big picture
Imaginative
Intuitive
Verbal skills
Empathetic
Trusting
Introspective

Novelty seeking
Impulsive and spontaneous
Curious
Creative
Flexible
Open-minded
Energetic
As a Negotiator, you seek a spiritual, life long connection to a "true love". But you don't want someone who is emotionally dependent. You admire people who need a good deal of autonomy. Marriage is important to you; but the social pledge of matrimony is far less sacred than the personal commitment you privately make to your beloved. You avoid conflict and strive for harmony in your primary relationship. So you express your love regularly-with hugs, thoughtful presents, romantic weekends or by creating other special times together. And you want a mate who is daring, playful and adventurous, yet one who will balance you-someone who is calm, decisive, strong-willed, focused and supportive of your enthusiastic, caring and imaginative spirit. You dislike conflict. You seek "win-win" solutions. You are good at sharing power and ideas. And you are a master at the art of intimacy-building deep and exciting relationships with others. Nevertheless, you often enjoy solitude or intense interactions with just one individual or a few close friends. And you particularly enjoy people who like to play with abstract theories and ideas, provide insights, search for symbolic meanings in life and relationships and have a broad interest in the world.
Because you can see so many angles to an issue or decision, you can be indecisive.
Your need to please can turn to placating and your trusting nature can make you gullible.
When you feel betrayed you can be unforgiving and hold a grudge too long.
You tend to naturally gravitate to DIRECTOR/explorers.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Director/Builder

You are an independent thinker who builds theories and approaches problems with an analytical, exacting, systematic and resourceful mind. And with your persistence, logic and determination, you tend to find innovative solutions to complex problems. You are particularly good with technical problems, those of mechanics, engineering, math, medicine, accounting, music or other "rule based" systems.

Although you enjoy being part of a stable, secure social network, you easily spend time alone, pursuing your own projects and goals at your own speed, according to your own rules. You can focus your attention to the exclusion of all around you. And you have a deep sense of autonomy.

You are a private person; you contain your emotions. You are also calm, efficient, quick to make decisions and remarkably self-disciplined. Yet you have a traditional, even sentimental streak. Family is important to you and you can be very protective of those you love.

As a Director you admire and collect knowledge; so you want a partner with whom you can have focused, educated, and often theoretical discussions on intellectual topics-a mind mate. You are direct and tough-minded, too. So you are attracted to someone who can complement you-someone who is verbally graceful, who weighs alternatives carefully and listens actively, and has well-honed social skills. Because you contain your emotions, you also gravitate to a mate who is warm and emotionally expressive. Yet you do not like people who engage in public displays of emotion, showing lack of self-containment. Because you have difficulty tolerating controlling people, you need a mate who is flexible, even indecisive. You particularly admire a partner who is self-sufficient. And you like a mate who is eager to help you make a stable home and maintain your public, business, and social ties.

Because you are ambitious, tough-minded and hardworking, your close friends admire you. In return, you can be fiercely loyal and protective of all those you love. Yet your complex personality is often hidden behind a wall of composure and logic.

You are susceptible to intense anger when you feel hurt, disappointed or frustrated.
Your ambition can lead to workaholism.
You can become impatient with people and situations that appear simple-minded or circuitous.

You tend to naturally gravitate to NEGOTIATOR/builders.

Sounds very accurate. The Director/Negotiator description also seems very much like me.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Director/Explorer

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I got Negotiator (estrogen) / Explorer (dopamine)

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Director/explorer.
For the most part, description matches me spot-on.

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took this test before. I was a Negotiator. I'm not sure if I was a Negotiator/Builder or not. It sounds right.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sounds pretty damn ESTJ. :laugh: And pretty damn spot-on.

No estrogen to be found here! This girl is Serotonin/Testosterone, apparently.
You are a
BUILDER/director

About Your Personality Type
You are an executive. You are consistent, reliable, thorough and persevering. You can also be socially charming. So you are good at managing others at home and work, in your social circles, and in community projects.

You are efficient too. You have high standards and take your duties seriously, focusing carefully and persistently on your assignments with sensible, concrete, tough-minded thinking and exactitude.

You respect schedules, rules, routines and customs. Appropriate behavior is generally important to you. Yet you have a streak of the independent and innovative thinker. As a result, you have a good balance between conventionality and originality.

You are also a good leader. You are direct, analytical, and skeptical, as well as emotionally contained and clear headed. You acquire the perks of rank more easily than most. And you handle your possessions gracefully. You also enjoy time alone, focusing deeply on your personal interests.

Builder primary traits
Traditional
Social
Loyal
Dependable
Patient
Community oriented
Orderly

Director secondary traits
Decisive
Focused
Analytical
Logical
Competitive
Self disciplined
Independent

In Love and Relationships
As a Builder, you need a partner who knows his/her own mind and earnestly wants to help you establish a stable family life, cultivate a network of friends and build career and financial stability. You are good natured and willing to do thankless jobs for friends and family. And you gravitate to people who are honest and respectful of traditions. You particularly admire people who are socially conscious, and who participate in community-based organizations--for both charitable and social reasons. Foremost, you need a partner who is devoted to family, sensible with money, responsible with possessions, compassionate, and wants to have detailed and informed conversations.

Relating to others
You like people and are generally comfortable with them. Family is important to you and you are very protective of those you love. Yet you are skeptical of people who are impulsive and impatient with those who don't "get to the point" in conversations. You like concrete and focused conversations on everything from trivia to the important topics of the day.

Things to be aware of
Your need to be realistic and cautious can keep you from trying new things.
You can be overly critical of others.
You can become so focused on your work or interests that you can inadvertently exclude those who love you.

Spark Factor
You tend to naturally gravitate to the BUILDER/negotiators.
What would Builder/Negotiators be? SFPs?

Also, the bolded worries me because I hadn't thought about it before, and no one has ever said anything like that to me -- but it's possible that they're thinking that and not telling me.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sounds pretty damn ESTJ. :laugh: And pretty damn spot-on.

No estrogen to be found here! This girl is Serotonin/Testosterone, apparently.
I haven't taken the test, but I'm just about 100% sure I'm a builder/director too. :D

What would Builder/Negotiators be? SFPs?
Beats me. I guess you could look through this thread to see if anyone got that result and if so what his/her type is.

Also, the bolded worries me because I hadn't thought about it before, and no one has ever said anything like that to me -- but it's possible that they're thinking that and not telling me.
Maybe you generally don't have that problem. Or maybe you haven't gotten to a point in your life yet where that would be likely to happen. :shrug:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION], did you like CHemistry.com?

I had a membership and scored Explorer/Negotiator. I got paired with an INTJ (he told me on our date) who was a Director/Explorer I think. We had really good chemistry in the communication up to our date and a very good first date in retrospect with all the online dating I've done. Actually, probably one of the best online dates I've ever had. We had chemistry in person too, it just wasn't of the sexual variety. Meaning, I could not see myself jumping his bones. I dunno, maybe I wasn't really into guys then. But, as far as the chemistry matching, it really worked!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have some of her books. They are really good if you are interested in how love comes about and how the mechanics works, I find. I did love her personality descriptions as well as they are less like little boxes that MBTI can sometimes be, and seem to be more flexible. I am not experienced at checking out if scientific research has been conducted properly, but from what I can tell, she backs up her findings pretty accurately and she has a good rep out in the scientific community

I scored Negotiator/Explorer on her test, as many here before me.

The author herself btw, is an Explorer/Negotiator (in case someone wants to go digging for personal bias in writing style or something ;))

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh gosh... i did the whole tes with a sense of familiarity and then realised at the end when i received the result Negotiator/Explorer that i have done this befor.
Ah well.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Interesting, I got Negotiator/Director:

You have a broad overview of reality. You like to tackle large, complex issues and weigh all the variables involved. And you can be innovative and bold, generating new perspectives and providing imaginative solutions to ambiguous social, political, intellectual or technical problems.

You have fine tuned social skills, easily picking up the gestures, facial expressions and speech patterns of others and expressing yourself clearly and vividly. You are intuitive, too; you understand people, and genuinely sympathize with them. Because you are also flexible and cooperative, you are also good at working in teams.

Yet despite your poise in social situations, you often prefer solitude or informed and detailed conversations with just one individual or a few close friends. You try to avoid routine meetings and social engagements. You prize your independence.

You like to focus deeply and thoroughly on your interests. You can be exacting, tough-minded, analytical and strategic in your approach, too. You leave no stone unturned.

In love and relationships

You are idealistic and romantic. You want to bond in a spiritual sense, communicate your innermost feelings and sustain an intense and meaningful relationship. You have a rich fantasy life. And, for you, sex must be mixed with romance and meaning. When you find true love, you focus your attention on your beloved. You give thoughtful gifts, are sensitive to your mate's feelings and communicate your emotions clearly. You are capable of unconditional love. You can be irreverent about traditional marriage, however. You feel your personal commitment is the true marriage vow. In fact, you may be inclined to write your own vows and create a non-traditional wedding ceremony. You unconsciously gravitate to those who are imaginative and playful with ideas. You also like those with an unruffled calm and decisiveness, those who are ambitious, and those who can focus on their goals-individuals who complement your restless soul-searching.

Relating to others.

You seek an authentic connection with just about everyone you meet, and you want to have in-depth discussions with friends and colleagues about ideas and feelings. You do not suffer fools gladly; "small talk" leaves you cold.

Things to be aware of.

•Because you can see so many angles to an issue or decision, you can be indecisive.
•You wrestle with the contradictory feelings of being too eager to please and being tough minded. Don't worry too much.
•When you feel betrayed you can be unforgiving and hold a grudge too long.

Spark factor.

You tend to naturally gravitate to the DIRECTOR/negotiators.

Ill be honest and admit that I dont really have an opinion on this. I suppose some of it sounds fairly accurate, but it seems very 'mash potato-ee' as in it throws out a few generalities and they stick. I do find it interesting that my dominant mode is a feminine or at least estrogen one. I suppose it makes sense.

Oh yeah any Director/Negotiators wanna weigh in for a date? Only joking I wouldn't have the courage for that.

Id be interested to hear other's opinions...as I always am.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm an explorer/director.

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
The test was long but interesting.

It says my Primary Personality Type > Explorer

Secondary Type > Director

You are very curious and you love adventure, either or both intellectual and physical. So when you get interested in something, you can become extremely focused on it, sometimes to the exclusion of all around you. You pursue your interests thoroughly, too, often with originality and exactitude.

You are adaptable, competitive and a problem-solver, as well as skeptical, tough minded and determined. Because you have a lot of energy and tend to be enthusiastic about your theories and projects, you can be very persuasive. You are eager to make an impact on those around you, too, as well as in the wider world.

You are irreverent and highly independent. So you can be oblivious to authority figures, as well as to rules, schedules and social customs. And although you enjoy people and can be charming and humorous, you are not interested in routine social engagements or anyone whom you regard as boring. Instead, you seek stimulating and focused conversations; and you are comfortable being by yourself, pursuing your own many interests.

Of all twelve (primary/secondary) types, you are also the most sexual-because both dopamine and testosterone stimulate the sex drive.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wonder how different that type would be if it was switched in reverse ? ....as in Director/Explorer :D

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
bs.jpg

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You are made up of:

Builder 10%
Director 15%
Explorer 37%
Negotiator 37%

so i'm tied between the two

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I took this years ago, and got Negotiator/Director. Took it again today (thanks Mailinator!) and got Director/Explorer.

The description it gave me is accurate... sort of. As I recall the initial one was, too.