• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Him? Why Her? (Helen Fisher Test)

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Explorer-negotiator

You are a highly spontaneous, inquisitive and energetic person who always likes to try new things. You find novel and unpredictable situations challenging and exciting. You particularly like discussing big ideas and having conversations about complex social, political or intellectual puzzles. And you are able to juggle a lot of projects at the same time; as a result you are sometimes a whirlwind of activity.

You have a firm grip on reality and enjoy living in the present tense. But you have a keen imagination that enables you to lift off from reality to be remarkably creative.

You are humorous. You are able to laugh at yourself. And you are agreeable, adaptable and changeable. You impose few limits on others and have little tolerance for fixed rules, schedules or traditions.

You have a deep sense of compassion. You can show genuine insight into the needs of others; you are good at listening, talking and compromising; and you express a genuine desire to be helpful to others and to the world at large.
•Novelty seeking
•Impulsive and spontaneous
•Curious
•Creative
•Flexible
•Open-minded
•Energetic
•Sees the big picture
•Imaginative
•Intuitive
•Verbal skills
•Empathetic
•Trusting
•Introspective
As an Explorer you like knowledge, adventure and the pleasures of the senses, and you are drawn to those who are enthusiastic, curious, creative and energetic-people like yourself. Sex is important to you, too. As a Negotiator, you have a big heart; you are flexible and sensitive to the feelings of others and you are driven to seek harmony in your social life. So you avoid conflict, as well as people who compete with you. You also avoid those who structure your time and block things from happening spontaneously. And you can feel pressured by other's needs. So you are attracted to individuals who share your "live and let live" attitude. Money is secondary to you, so you also respect individuals who can part with theirs, particularly when spending leads to adventure or improves the world. And you are drawn to people who are direct, decisive and tough minded to balance out your flexible, spontaneous, intuitive style. You are charismatic, agreeable and adaptable and you can adapt to just about any social situation, convincing others you are just like them. And with your flexibility, liberal attitude and lack of prejudice, you can find something interesting in just about anyone. But when your interest wanes, you depart; you cannot tolerate boredom.
•You are so mentally flexible and spontaneous that you can appear indecisive and unpredictable.
•Don't be impatient with cautious people or those with more rigid views of morality.
•Focus on one thing at a time.
You tend to naturally gravitate to EXPLORER/directors.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am not surprised by the result! :)

(And I had to step back about 3 metres to be able to read these supersized letters. :D)

I guess I am consistent? :laugh:

Yeah, my eyes are failing, I need new contact lenses, sorry for the "Toys 'R' Us" font. :happy:

Uggh. I didn't see anything there about posting in

Big
Red and Blue
letters!!!

So much for artistic expression. :dry:

(maybe that's due to, err, synthetic biochemical additives)

I've got a prescription for them... :whistling:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
eh... SaintKat and tesla have the same results as I do, so no need for me to print the description! :)

Explorer/Negotiator

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I skimmed through the book at Borders last night and since I had a coupon, I bought a copy for closer reading later. I don't find the groupings as useful as some other systems I've seen but wanted to understand it better and give it a fair shake.

It reminds me of DISC too in some ways.

There wasn't really a good PRIMARY/Secondary description in the book for the types, except in the one section on how people approach romantic relationships. Her primary focus seems to be on the four main archetypes themselves, particularly in the relationships/dating niche, so there's stuff in the back of the book even reviewing how people "pick each other up" out in social situations, not really even type related.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My results

NEGOTIATOR/explorer

You see the big picture. You easily take the broad, long view of almost any topic. You are comfortable juggling myriad facts. You tend to synthesize material easily and think in webs of factors, not straight lines. You are imaginative and enjoy ideas.

You are also socially savvy. You are good at both talking and listening. And you generally read people's faces, body postures and tone of voice accurately, so you often intuitively understand what people want and need.

You are also highly compassionate. You care deeply about others. So you are inclined to make personal sacrifices to be a supportive friend and colleague. And you are idealistic and altruistic; you like to work to improve the world.

And you have an adventurous side; you enjoy new ideas and novel experiences and you want to share these with an enthusiastic partner. But you are particularly fond of people who are direct, decisive, focused and tough-minded, people who complement your more flexible, agreeable and affable style.

Negotiator primary traits

* Sees the big picture
* Imaginative
* Intuitive
* Verbal skills
* Empathetic
* Trusting
* Introspective

Explorer secondary traits

* Novelty seeking
* Impulsive and spontaneous
* Curious
* Creative
* Flexible
* Open-minded
* Energetic

In Love and Relationships
As a Negotiator, you seek a spiritual, life long connection to a "true love". But you don't want someone who is emotionally dependent. You admire people who need a good deal of autonomy. Marriage is important to you; but the social pledge of matrimony is far less sacred than the personal commitment you privately make to your beloved. You avoid conflict and strive for harmony in your primary relationship. So you express your love regularly-with hugs, thoughtful presents, romantic weekends or by creating other special times together. And you want a mate who is daring, playful and adventurous, yet one who will balance you-someone who is calm, decisive, strong-willed, focused and supportive of your enthusiastic, caring and imaginative spirit.

Relating to others
You dislike conflict. You seek "win-win" solutions. You are good at sharing power and ideas. And you are a master at the art of intimacy-building deep and exciting relationships with others. Nevertheless, you often enjoy solitude or intense interactions with just one individual or a few close friends. And you particularly enjoy people who like to play with abstract theories and ideas, provide insights, search for symbolic meanings in life and relationships and have a broad interest in the world.

Things to be aware of
* Because you can see so many angles to an issue or decision, you can be indecisive.
* Your need to please can turn to placating and your trusting nature can make you gullible.
* When you feel betrayed you can be unforgiving and hold a grudge too long.

Spark Factor
You tend to naturally gravitate to DIRECTOR/explorers.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
2cpt0g4.jpg

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
Negotiator/Builder.....and like Sky IS Blue mentioned the description at least from my perspective is spot on the positives and especially the negatives.

Last edited:

heart

heart on fire
you are a Negotiator/Explorer

You see the big picture. You easily take the broad, long view of almost any topic. You are comfortable juggling myriad facts. You tend to synthesize material easily and think in webs of factors, not straight lines. You are imaginative and enjoy ideas.

You are also socially savvy. You are good at both talking and listening. And you generally read people's faces, body postures and tone of voice accurately, so you often intuitively understand what people want and need.

You are also highly compassionate. You care deeply about others. So you are inclined to make personal sacrifices to be a supportive friend and colleague. And you are idealistic and altruistic; you like to work to improve the world.

And you have an adventurous side; you enjoy new ideas and novel experiences and you want to share these with an enthusiastic partner. But you are particularly fond of people who are direct, decisive, focused and tough-minded, people who complement your more flexible, agreeable and affable style.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Sarah..., you are a
DIRECTOR/negotiator
About Your Personality Type
You are an analytical, focused and independent thinker with a deep interest in how the world works. You quickly grasp patterns and relationships and see the many sides of any complex issue. And when you focus on a particular business, social, personal or intellectual problem, you often come up with a novel solution. You are tough minded, skeptical and imaginative.

You want to make an impact on the world. And with your aptitude for theoretical thinking, your investigative rigor, your logic and your determination, you are likely to win the honors your hard work deserves.

Despite your need for independence and your resistance to any regulations or codes of conduct you find controlling, you make close friends. You like being with friends who provide stimulating conversation, as well as express their emotions and inner feelings. And you work to maintain these authentic connections.

You are a complex person, outwardly assertive, logical, skeptical and focused, yet you can feel and express genuine sympathy for others.
Director primary traits

* Decisive
* Focused
* Analytical
* Logical
* Competitive
* Self disciplined
* Independent

Negotiator secondary traits

* Sees the big picture
* Imaginative
* Intuitive
* Verbal skills
* Empathetic
* Trusting
* Introspective

In Love and Relationships
As a Director, you tend to be loyal, uncomplaining and not possessive. You like individuals who want to play with abstract ideas and explore the complex ways the world works. You seek a "mind mate. Because you are often direct and bold, you unconsciously seek someone who is socially nuanced. Because you analyze your emotions, as well as hide them, you also like people who are emotionally expressive. Once you find someone who fits within your mental template of the ideal mate, you can dedicate yourself to this partnership. And once committed, you feel pledged to the union--often long before wedding. However, as you rarely follow rules or customs unless necessary, marriage is not as important to you as your personal vows. You work to sustain romance throughout a relationship, too. You give special gifts and celebrate special partnership events with flair and sensitivity.

Relating to others
You love knowledge so you engage your friends and family with rigorous, theoretical and broad discussions that can be highly entertaining and informative. And when you are interested, you can be a very sensitive and insightful companion.
Things to be aware of

* You are susceptible to intense anger when you feel hurt, disappointed or frustrated.
* Your ambition can lead to workaholism.
* You can be impatient with chit chat and routine social engagements

Spark Factor
You tend to naturally gravitate to NEGOTIATOR/directors

Cool test .. I didn't think it was accurate but my partner told me i depreciate myself so much, i must really try to figure myself out but to me the above sounds like an intuitive and i don't test as one (apart from the last time).

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Negotiator/explorer

i liked this one. good find :]

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From what i can tell, Director seems to reflect a more MBTI xST(J?) mindset, while Negotiator reflects a more xNF(P?). I connect far more with the N(P?) aspects of the Negotiator than the F aspects, and more with the T aspects of Director than the S(J?) aspects.

So it's not really the same sort of archetypical breakdown of Kiersey or MBTI, per se.
I skimmed through the book at Borders last night and since I had a coupon, I bought a copy for closer reading later. I don't find the groupings as useful as some other systems I've seen but wanted to understand it better and give it a fair shake.

It reminds me of DISC too in some ways.

There wasn't really a good PRIMARY/Secondary description in the book for the types, except in the one section on how people approach romantic relationships. Her primary focus seems to be on the four main archetypes themselves, particularly in the relationships/dating niche, so there's stuff in the back of the book even reviewing how people "pick each other up" out in social situations, not really even type related.

Took it again, because some people were getting Director/explorer who I don't really think I'm all that similar to...but I got it again. Guess I could be Director/negotiator but the more feely aspects to the questions are turning me off.
Only thing is that I don't really relate to the more "extraverted" assertiveness, but more of an internal assertiveness. I think that's where I was having trouble. Also, it can take me a bit to get to a decision, but once the decision is made my external behavior reflects that decision usually instantaneously.

The system doesn't really seem to make a distinction between introversion and extraversion so maybe there's wiggle room. I dunno :D

Basically, it is Director=Choleric, Negotiator=Phlegmatic, Explorer=Sanguine, Builder=Melancholic.

These four temperaments can be either the Keirsey groupings, OR the Interaction Styles. Both systems being blended in each type.
This system seems to be more aligned with Keirsey, while DISC is more like Interaction Styles.

I liked this system, because it highlights the "Choleric" aspects of the NT, which are diminished in Keirsey's system, in which he suggested NT was "phlegmatic" because of its "coolness", and NF as "choleric" because of its "emotion". This system makes more clear the true temperament correspondences.
So if Director seems ST'ish, EST is the Choleric Interaction Style ("In Charge") and will bear some theoretical similarities to NT. Likewise, ISF or INP will bear some similarities to NF, and I have seen ISFP's object to the "Sanguine"-based SP profiles. Their type is a blend of Sanguine with Phlegmatic (or Supine), so it is not going to perfectly fit either.
Hence, this would match the "primary/secondary" concept!

We see one "Director" objecting to "extraverted assertiveness", which is a classic Choleric description. However, the Choleric's "extroversion" only corresponds to the type code's "E" in the Interaction Styles. In Keirsey's groups, it is instead what is represented by what he called called "pragmatic", which would be quite compatible with this "internal assertiveness" regarding decisions. So this would understandably characterize an introverted NT. They are slow to take action, but once the decision is made, then they are assertive.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We see one "Director" objecting to "extraverted assertiveness", which is a classic Choleric description. However, the Choleric's "extroversion" only corresponds to the type code's "E" in the Interaction Styles. In Keirsey's groups, it is instead what is represented by what he called called "pragmatic", which would be quite compatible with this "internal assertiveness" regarding decisions. So this would understandably characterize an introverted NT. They are slow to take action, but once the decision is made, then they are assertive.

I identify with Director on that level.

I'm not externally assertive in the least by nature, I'm very flexy (the Negotiator and diplomat). But once that internal decision gets made, I've been rather amazed at how pig-headed and assertive I can be. I just push forward and I don't quit.

Anyway, thank you for your observations -- you're sorta the "go-to guy" around here for understanding and comparisons among the humour/DISC-style systems.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks!

I just went back to read people's combo results more closely, and I was getting ready to edit to add, for one thing, I see the primary/secondary concept does not seem to match what I suggest in many people, however, the ones that do match are:

Jennifer
Halla
Saint Kat
Sky Is Blue
Mr Eyebrows
Cafe
Lady X

For Black Cat, the combo he said fits better matches his current type, while the other includes Director, which would match him having Choleric tendencies (I also see he has replaced Choleric in his humour combo with Sanguine).

I have also just noticed that Jock is wearing ISFP now. I was going by him being INTP, still. That type would match the Explorer part. (Director and Explorer together I would theoretically correspond to ENTP or ESTP).
What made you change? It wasn't because you came out as part "explorer" in this test, was it?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Didn't look like one in person! INTP looked right. Wasn't he the one infamous for avoiding displays of affection in our meetups?

Jaguar

No, no, he's really ESFP. I'm INTP. I wuuuuuuuuuuuv Ti! :D

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Moderator puckishness made me change! I swear I didn't have any say in the matter :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
but I'm not an ENFP... they won't even have me! :steam: