• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Him? Why Her? (Helen Fisher Test)

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Explorer/director.

You are very curious and you love adventure, either or both intellectual and physical. So when you get interested in something, you can become extremely focused on it, sometimes to the exclusion of all around you. You pursue your interests thoroughly, too, often with originality and exactitude.

You are adaptable, competitive and a problem-solver, as well as skeptical, tough minded and determined. Because you have a lot of energy and tend to be enthusiastic about your theories and projects, you can be very persuasive. You are eager to make an impact on those around you, too, as well as in the wider world.

You are irreverent and highly independent. So you can be oblivious to authority figures, as well as to rules, schedules and social customs. And although you enjoy people and can be charming and humorous, you are not interested in routine social engagements or anyone whom you regard as boring. Instead, you seek stimulating and focused conversations; and you are comfortable being by yourself, pursuing your own many interests.

Of all twelve (primary/secondary) types, you are also the most sexual-because both dopamine and testosterone stimulate the sex drive.

In love and relationships

As an Explorer, you look out not in; you are foremost interested in the world around you. So you are attracted to a mate who is also intellectually and physically adventurous and interested in dissecting this complex, tangible universe. You particularly like imaginative and theoretical people, a "mind mate." And you like a partner who is sexual, because you regard sex as an important aspect of a relationship. You have nerves of steel and thrive on the edge. You are also decisive and direct. So you are unconsciously drawn to those who can balance out your highly independent and tough-minded spirit--those who are novelty seeking, yet compassionate, verbal, intuitive, trusting, flexible and emotionally expressive.

Relating to others

You like to have good conversations on important topics; so people tend to admire you for your knowledge and innovativeness. You shy away from emotional or self-revealing conversations, however; introspection leaves you cold. Instead, you derive intimacy from doing things with friends or a partner. So you make an exciting, although at times aloof, companion.

Things to be aware of

You can be highly emotionally contained, even pretending that you are fine when you are in deep psychological or physical pain.
You become impatient with cautious people or wordy conversations.
You can become so wrapped up in your own interests that you spend too little time with your partner.

And apparently I naturally gravitate towards explorer/negotiator.

On the whole, very accurate, and highly consistent with my enneatype.

EDIT: Even though I don't like the abundance of positive attributes, because it makes you susceptible to identifying with the results regardless of how true they are.

yeghor

:laugh:

I did this maybe a week ago just to get the test [I saw it advertised on a commercial] then promptly deleted my account. I got Director/explorer, which I assumed to be NT/sp.

If I were to guess, I'd actually go

Director-NT

Negotiator-NF

Builder-SJ

Explorer-SP

I think something like this:

Explorer - NP (Sanguine in 4 temperament system)
Builder - SJ (Melancholic in 4 temperament system)
Director - NJ (Phlegmatic in 4 temperaments system)
Negotiator - SP (Chloeric in 4 temperaments system)

The test in the original post is no longer working. I did this test below instead:

https://theanatomyoflove.com/relationship-quizzes/helen-fishers-personality-test/personality-test-1/

Director 71%. (NJ)
Builder 62%. (SJ)
Negotiator 48%. (SP)
Explorer 43%.(NP)

So my primary attitude seems to be NJ and secondary SP. That figures cause NJs' tert and inf functions yield an SP type.

yeghor

Based on the below descriptions, it is not as easy to make correlations to MBTI as I first thought.

Explorers sound like Se - meaning SP type (rather than NP as I first suggested)

Builders sound like Si - meaning SJ type - OK

Directors' description is a bit ambigious, why would someone be assertive but give less eye contact at the same time? The eye contact and outburst of anger thingie might weakly hint at Ni, meaning an NJ type. - OK

Not much pf a description but might relate to child-like innonce of Ne, so an NP type.

So need to revise my earlier correlation as shown below:

I think something like this:

Explorer - SP (Chloeric in 4 temperament system)
Builder - SJ (Melancholic in 4 temperament system)
Director - NJ (Phlegmatic in 4 temperaments system)
Negotiator - NP (Sanguine in 4 temperaments system)

That would make my scores:

Director 71%. (NJ)
Builder 62%. (SJ)
Negotiator 48%. (NP)
Explorer 43%.(SP)