User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I probably have a subconscious racist bias--99% of people that I interact with/see are white Canadian Euro descendants.

Oou, I have one: At my university, we have a disproportionate amount of Asians relative to the city's population. Asians study. A lot.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP

That's the thing about stereotypes. . .
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Ach. Where I'm at a disadvantage because I didn't see the test. But given what you say, perhaps the wording itself is ageist? Probably written by someone YOUNG. Heh.

A Finn? I'm a tad Saami.
    It's on this page--> https://implicit.harvard.edu/implici...lectatest.html

Saami on which country? (I'm from so south, I never even seen any Saami folks, only from tv-comedies... )

MBTI
    INFP

Saami from Northern Finland. The Vikings, you know. . .

I'm still learning about them but it sounds like on your Finnish TV it might be equivalent to the "Beverly Hillbillies!"

I've seen old photos of them and they are very handsome people.

Thanks for the URL. I didn't take the test.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Saami from Northern Finland. The Vikings, you know. . .

I'm still learning about them but it sounds like on your Finnish TV it might be equivalent to the "Beverly Hillbillies!"

I've seen old photos of them and they are very handsome people.
    I think vikings were mostly Norwegian...

The Saami have been stereotyped as drunk folk who sit in their tents and sing weird traditional songs This comes from a popular comedy show in the early nineties.

Saami girls are beautiful

MBTI
    INFP

Yes, my peeps were Vikings. But I have found out that they did a little "shopping" in northern Finland. They did a little "shopping" most all over, I think. Funny thing since they usually brought their wives with them. (Somebody had to serve the lutefisk. . .)

We've noticed that many in our family have Asian eyes.

*Goin' off in her leather leggings with her bottle of aqavit to croon in the Coleman.*

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I wouldn't say I do [have a racist bias], but I definitely have a cultural bias. I try to stay away from unknown people who have their waistbands on their thighs and bigass caps on sideways.
    Yep, my initial reaction to someone is governed far more by their dress than their skin color. I have a pretty strong cultural bias. It's annoying that some people, in their zeal to 'rid the world of racism', can't tell the difference.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

*sings* Everyone's a little bit racist...

MBTI
    nnnn

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for African American compared to European American.
    Uh, white people.

We don't have that many black people over here, though, so considering the lack of familiarity, it's slightly weird. Or maybe I'm yearning for something new.

MBTI
    INFP

It is difficult to learn about other cultural types without personal access to many. College will provide some experience but not the same type as living next door.