• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wow, This Test Sucks!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude didn't need to.

I once took a superpowers test. I told it I was good at flying, dodging bullets and jumping over tall buildings, and lo and behold--my results said I could fly, dodge bullets and jump over tall buildings.

That's what happens with self-report evaluations. They confirm everything you erroneously believe about yourself.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dude didn't need to.

I once took a superpowers test. I told it I was good at flying, dodging bullets and jumping over tall buildings, and lo and behold--my results said I could fly, dodge bullets and jump over tall buildings.

That's what happens with self-report evaluations. They confirm everything you erroneously believe about yourself.

meaning that you hold pretty high views of yourself..... ? :devil:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
meaning that you hold pretty high views of yourself..... ? :devil:

Maybe I do, but if I tell the test that I'm a superhero, it's going to say I'm a superhero in the results--even if I'm not really a superhero.

So you get people saying "I'm 6 different types because I test great in Ne, Ni, Fe, Fi, Se and Ti!" As if that actually means anything! If you mistakenly believe you're great at all those functions, the test is going to confirm it, whether or not it's true.

= the problem with self-report tests.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
once again, a light hearted thread is made serious by Serious Man!!! :holy:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
once again, a light hearted thread is made serious by Serious Man!!! :holy:

Hey, I just agreed with the premise of the thread--that the test sucks. What's the big deal?

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I actually got INFP. :laugh: (I usually test INTP, though.) But those questions were hilariously awful.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, I wonder if I kept getting SFP because I said I would taste new foods.

:wacko:

Would an ISFP really trust the opinion of someone else over their very own senses (it said would you try it regardless of how it looked or smelled)? :D

I got ISFP, best test ever, the truth is out on all of you.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP :doh:

Those questions were way to extreme to be accurate at all.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got ISTJ on that one. Close but not quite. More Ni than Si here.

sleepy

istp. not bad. But really, who drinks the milk if it's expired on date? Almost always it smells bad if I smell old cartoons in the refrigerator. It's just easier and more pleasant to go by the date.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ummm... me? :blush:

if it smells ok, I'll use it... expiration dates are just suggestions :cool:

sleepy

well. I just checked my refrigerator. And there was two milk cartoons there. One expired 27 January, the other 7 February. Im NOT going to smell them. If I have to I'll just drink it. But I'm going to put something over my nose.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
First time I got INFP. Second time I only changed the milk question and got ISFP.

So basically INFP's are more likely to drink expired milk.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
First time I got INFP. Second time I only changed the milk question and got ISFP.

So basically INFP's are more likely to drink expired milk.

Oh, so that's where I went wrong. Apparently only sensors check expiration dates. :doh: