• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Love Languages Test

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
9 Words of Affirmation
9 Quality Time
7 Physical Touch
3 Receiving Gifts
2 Acts of Service

Words of Affirmation
Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important—hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten.

LEGERdeMAIN

11 Quality Time
8 Physical Touch
5 Acts of Service
4 Words of Affirmation
2 Receiving Gifts

Pretty much means that I want to spend a lot of quality time touching you :(

G

garbage

9 Words of Affirmation
10 Quality Time
0 Receiving Gifts
7 Acts of Service
4 Physical Touch

Quality Time
In Quality Time, nothing says “I love you” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes you feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful.

well I guess I knew that one going in

pretty sure the "words of affirmation" is only so high because it was compared to e.g. gifts and shit in the questions

To me, gifts are the dumbest thing unless they're extremely practical or meaningful. I just do not need more crap lying around my house.

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From what I remember, the language of receiving gifts doesn't necessarily mean that you only feel loved when people buy you things. It has to do with feeling appreciated when someone gives you something physical because you can remember them by that item. It's like they were thinking of you when they retrieved that gift for you. It could be a little flower that someone picks from a garden, or someone could make that person a card and they will feel appreciated. It doesn't have anything to do with being greedy or wanting more and more STUFF. It's about knowing that someone was thinking about them.

I just wanted to clear the misconception I feel people may have. Don't be ashamed or feel guilty if that's your language. That's how you feel appreciated!! Own it. ;)

Perhaps the real reason people score low is because receiving a gift, no matter how nice, doesn't say "I love you" like something more personal, like physical touch, quality time (usually one-on-one), or an act of service. Another reason could be that people like to give more than they receive because it's nicer to give personally than to receive.

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From what I remember, the language of receiving gifts doesn't necessarily mean that you only feel loved when people buy you things. It has to do with feeling appreciated when someone gives you something physical because you can remember them by that item. It's like they were thinking of you when they retrieved that gift for you. It could be a little flower that someone picks from a garden, or someone could make that person a card and they will feel appreciated. It doesn't have anything to do with being greedy or wanting more and more STUFF. It's about knowing that someone was thinking about them.

I just wanted to clear the misconception I feel people may have. Don't be ashamed or feel guilty if that's your language. That's how you feel appreciated!! Own it. ;)

Perhaps the real reason people score low is because receiving a gift, no matter how nice, doesn't say "I love you" like something more personal, like physical touch, quality time (usually one-on-one), or an act of service. Another reason could be that people like to give more than they receive because it's nicer to give personally than to receive.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

If gifts is your language than you love to give AND receive gifts, just like someone with physical touch would love to give AND receive hugs or kisses. That is just how the personal knows how to show and receive that type of affection. One of my sisters has this gift and she is spot on about getting things for people. She's very attuned to what they like and enjoy. Just the same, she gets so excited if you give her a rock from a place that her and that person visited as a reminder of the experience. She is one of the least greediest people know and just loves on people.

My point for posting originally was to encourage the language of gifts is because I feel it is greatly misunderstood. :)

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My Scores:
6 Words of Affirmation
9 Quality Time
0 Receiving Gifts
10 Acts of Service
5 Physical Touch

Not so surprising... but there were many times i felt like I would choose both options or neither.

LEGERdeMAIN

11 Quality Time
8 Physical Touch
5 Acts of Service
4 Words of Affirmation
2 Receiving Gifts

Pretty much means that I want to spend a lot of quality time touching you :(

i've changed so much :O

7 Words of Affirmation
9 Quality Time
2 Receiving Gifts
2 Acts of Service
10 Physical Touch

Permabanned
6 Words of Affirmation
12 Quality Time
1 Receiving Gifts
3 Acts of Service
8 Physical Touch

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
10 Quality Time

8 Physical Touch

6 Words of Affirmation

5 Acts of Service

1 Receiving Gifts

I have an ambiguous relationship with physical touch. I feel most connected when I'm using it, and when I'm physically around my SO, I can't help touching him in some way or the other ... lots of kissing, holding hands, hugging, snuggling, etc. But not having it clearly isn't a deal breaker as evinced by the fact that we've negotiated an LDR more or less successfully.

Hmm.

PeaceAndMusic

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Your Scores
10 Words of Affirmation
7 Quality Time
8 Receiving Gifts
0 Acts of Service
5 Physical Touch
Now that you know your love language, here’s some more information you might not have realized about it, and why certain behaviors affect you more than others.
Your Love Language
Words of Affirmation
Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important—hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten.

eclecticreject

MBTI Type
INFP
Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 8.32.24 PM.png
The high scores seem to match me.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your Scores

9 Words of Affirmation
12 Quality Time
0 Receiving Gifts
5 Acts of Service
4 Physical Touch

Yep.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The 5 Love Languages Test

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

My Results:

6 Words of Affirmation
10 Quality Time
0 Receiving Gifts
8 Acts of Service
6 Physical Touch

Quality Time

In Quality Time, nothing says “I love you” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes you feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful. Whether itʼs spending uninterrupted time talking with someone else or doing activities together, you deepen your connection with others through sharing time.

á´…eparted

passages
4 Words of Affirmation
8 Quality Time
1 Receiving Gifts
6 Acts of Service
11 Physical Touch

Nothing of surprise to me. Though I am weird with physical contact. I both love it (need it) and hate it at the same time. If someone does it to me and I am not expecting it I completely freeze.

Last edited:

Alea_iacta_est

9 Words of Affirmation
10 Quality Time
0 Receiving Gifts
3 Acts of Service
8 Physical Touch

Probably the only INTJ in history to like being hugged. Stereotype #278 Broken.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
5 Words of Affirmation
11 Quality Time
8 Receiving Gifts
2 Acts of Service
4 Physical Touch

Apparently I am the only one so far that likes giving/receiving gifts.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
6Words of Affirmation
11Quality Time
1Receiving Gifts
5Acts of Service