• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Love Languages Test

Lightyear

Wow, really no one seems to have gifts as a primary love language! Might it be because most of us are intuitives and liking to receive gifts is just more of a sensor thing?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, really no one seems to have gifts as a primary love language! Might it be because most of us are intuitives and liking to receive gifts is just more of a sensor thing?

My mom is ENFJ with Receiving gifts as a primary and acts of service as a secondary. SUCH a pain in the ass... I don't even think about gifts and she expects them.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Words of Affirmation 4

Quality Time 9

Receiving Gifts 2

Acts of Service 7

Physical Touch 8

hommefatal

Words of Affirmation 27%
Quality Time 33%
Receiving Gifts 10%
Acts of Service 3%
Physical Touch 27%

Pretty much. I wanna spend time together, receive words of affirmation, and touch them all the time.

Sachetan

MBTI Type
ENTP
37% Words of Affirmation
33% Quality Time
10% Receiving Gifts
10% Acts of Service
10% Physical Touch

lane777

nevermore
The problem with this test -- the principle behind it seems fine -- is that it presents choices that aren't really contrasts. Often it's not so much about preference as the lesser of evils. The only reason physical touch and acts of service are so high is that I had to pick something, and gifts actively annoy me.

33% Quality Time - 10
27% Words of Affirmation - 8
27% Physical Touch - 8
13% Acts of Service - 4
0% Receiving Gifts - 0

I don't consider the test to be of good quality either, it's for those who are unaware of the love languages. I intended for it to give us a rough idea -it's just a starting point. :)

I never felt like I meshed with this test, nothing really feels great to me or sticks out.

It all seems very Sensor-ish too, everything is very quantifiable -- tangible expression. That makes sense, though, considering the aim of the test is for couples to give each other tangible quantifiable signs of love in order to improve their relationship.

You know what makes me feel loved?
- Being listened to
- Given autonomy rather than being made to feel/think how the other person feels/thinks
- Talking honestly and deeply / intimately, so I sense I know the other person and they know me.
- Knowing I can be myself -- even if that means sometimes showing my "ugly" side -- and that the other person still delights in me.

Mostly all "process" things -- HOW do we relate -- rather than through WHAT do we relate. Again, Sensor-ish for the latter.

Your first and second points which I bolded, indicate Quality Time as your love language. :yes:

Your other two points are irrelevant, because you're actually speaking of acceptance (one of the 3 most basic human needs), not a love language.

wolfy

awsm
I did this a while ago, Physical Touch and Words of Affirmation came out on top.
So 'Oh, you're so big!' and things like that make me feel loved. :alttongue:

P

Phantonym

Quality Time 33%
Acts of Service 27%
Physical Touch 23%
Words of Affirmation 10%
Receiving Gifts 7%

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Test Results:
Physical Touch 37 percent
Words of Affirmation 23 percent
Quality Time 17 percent
Receiving Gifts 17 percent
Acts of Service 7 percent

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Gifts rated very low on my score, so gifts might not necessarily be a Sensor thing. I'm sure there are a few overly materialistic Intuitives out there somewhere... ;)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I cannot take this test. The options are too narrow. There isn't one for Neither!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
physical touch 37%
quality time 27%
words of affirmation 23%
gifts 10%
acts of service 1%

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Words of Affirmation 8
Quality Time 10
Receiving Gifts 2
Acts of Service 4
Physical Touch 6

Gifts and Acts of Service are only non-zero because of this:

It's also funny, nobody has a high gifts score so far. Gifts as an expression of love just feels wrong to me, very shallow and irrelevant. That said, growing up, the *only* way that 'love' was expressed was via birthday and Christmas gifts, so gifts on those days still matter to me (never managed to undo that pattern). Gifts at other times generally annoy or baffle me. I remember my ex would occasionally buy me gifts when we first started going out and I'd just look at him blankly.

I'm the opposite. As birthday gifts and christmas gifts are social obligations they don't mean half as much to me as my SO bringing me something he knows I've been wanting to get myself, just out of the blue. Means he thought of me, when he wasn't required to and remembered what I like, and put effort into it :blush:

It's not my primary 'love' language, but it does put a big smile on my face and I am genuinly appreciative of him doing this for me. Whereas acts of service, unless he spots that I need help (then I really do appreciate it), aren't that important to me. He knows I can take care of myself and do my own work. And I prefer doing them my way anyways.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Quality Time 11
Physical Touch 7
Word of Affirmation 5
Acts of Service 5
Receiving Gifts 2

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Here are my scores:

words of affirmation: 7.
quality time: 10.
receiving gifts: 0.
acts of service: 7
physical touch: 6.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
The only reason physical touch and acts of service are so high is that I had to pick something, and gifts actively annoy me.

Gifts....annoy...you? :huh: OMG YOU GAVE ME ANOTHER GIFT!! THIS IS TERRIBLE! A POX ON YOUR GIFT!! :steam: