User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

9 Words of Affirmation
    9 Quality Time
    7 Physical Touch
    3 Receiving Gifts
    2 Acts of Service

Words of Affirmation
    Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important—hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

11 Quality Time
    8 Physical Touch
    5 Acts of Service
    4 Words of Affirmation
    2 Receiving Gifts

Pretty much means that I want to spend a lot of quality time touching you
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

garbage

9 Words of Affirmation
    10 Quality Time
    0 Receiving Gifts
    7 Acts of Service
    4 Physical Touch

Quality Time
    In Quality Time, nothing says “I love you” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes you feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful.
    well I guess I knew that one going in

pretty sure the "words of affirmation" is only so high because it was compared to e.g. gifts and shit in the questions

To me, gifts are the dumbest thing unless they're extremely practical or meaningful. I just do not need more crap lying around my house.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    From what I remember, the language of receiving gifts doesn't necessarily mean that you only feel loved when people buy you things. It has to do with feeling appreciated when someone gives you something physical because you can remember them by that item. It's like they were thinking of you when they retrieved that gift for you. It could be a little flower that someone picks from a garden, or someone could make that person a card and they will feel appreciated. It doesn't have anything to do with being greedy or wanting more and more STUFF. It's about knowing that someone was thinking about them.

I just wanted to clear the misconception I feel people may have. Don't be ashamed or feel guilty if that's your language. That's how you feel appreciated!! Own it.
    Perhaps the real reason people score low is because receiving a gift, no matter how nice, doesn't say "I love you" like something more personal, like physical touch, quality time (usually one-on-one), or an act of service. Another reason could be that people like to give more than they receive because it's nicer to give personally than to receive.
    Thinkist: not optimist nor pessimist. I am primarily competent in the enneagram.
    SX 9w1, SP 5w6, SP 3w4 | Split with the first two
    Ti-Se-Si-Ni-Te-Fi-Ne-Fe. I'm always questioning this, particularly the Si.
    Big 5/Global5/SLOAN: RCUEX

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    From what I remember, the language of receiving gifts doesn't necessarily mean that you only feel loved when people buy you things. It has to do with feeling appreciated when someone gives you something physical because you can remember them by that item. It's like they were thinking of you when they retrieved that gift for you. It could be a little flower that someone picks from a garden, or someone could make that person a card and they will feel appreciated. It doesn't have anything to do with being greedy or wanting more and more STUFF. It's about knowing that someone was thinking about them.

I just wanted to clear the misconception I feel people may have. Don't be ashamed or feel guilty if that's your language. That's how you feel appreciated!! Own it.
    Perhaps the real reason people score low is because receiving a gift, no matter how nice, doesn't say "I love you" like something more personal, like physical touch, quality time (usually one-on-one), or an act of service. Another reason could be that people like to give more than they receive because it's nicer to give personally than to receive.
    Thinkist: not optimist nor pessimist. I am primarily competent in the enneagram.
    SX 9w1, SP 5w6, SP 3w4 | Split with the first two
    Ti-Se-Si-Ni-Te-Fi-Ne-Fe. I'm always questioning this, particularly the Si.
    Big 5/Global5/SLOAN: RCUEX

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkist View Post
    If gifts is your language than you love to give AND receive gifts, just like someone with physical touch would love to give AND receive hugs or kisses. That is just how the personal knows how to show and receive that type of affection. One of my sisters has this gift and she is spot on about getting things for people. She's very attuned to what they like and enjoy. Just the same, she gets so excited if you give her a rock from a place that her and that person visited as a reminder of the experience. She is one of the least greediest people know and just loves on people.

My point for posting originally was to encourage the language of gifts is because I feel it is greatly misunderstood.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2wX so/sx

My Scores:
    6 Words of Affirmation
    9 Quality Time
    0 Receiving Gifts
    10 Acts of Service
    5 Physical Touch

Not so surprising... but there were many times i felt like I would choose both options or neither.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    11 Quality Time
    8 Physical Touch
    5 Acts of Service
    4 Words of Affirmation
    2 Receiving Gifts

Pretty much means that I want to spend a lot of quality time touching you
    i've changed so much :O

7 Words of Affirmation
    9 Quality Time
    2 Receiving Gifts
    2 Acts of Service
    10 Physical Touch
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

6 Words of Affirmation
    12 Quality Time
    1 Receiving Gifts
    3 Acts of Service
    8 Physical Touch
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

10 Quality Time

8 Physical Touch

6 Words of Affirmation

5 Acts of Service

1 Receiving Gifts