• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Spark's satirical MBTI ripoff

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I just remembered this irreverent MBTI test that I took in 2000. I remember being surprised at its accuracy but the bastards didn't link to MBTI :dry: so I actually bought that they were just making it up as they went along. :doh:

Unfortunately, registration is required, but I think it's worth it. :yes:

They call the four dichotomies:

Dominant/Submissive
Introverted/Extroverted
Abstract/Concrete
Thinker/Feeler

And they have questions like:

Suppose a girlfriend or boyfriend that you were really into said one day, "You and me just aren't right for each other," and dumped you right there. Did you notice the poor grammar?
- Yes
- No

In your opinion, who was the bigger pain?
- Mom
- Dad

Do you have strong opinions about the music you listen to or do you have a broad musical taste?
- Strong
- Broad

Which would you rather have named after you?
- A mountain
- A scientific theory

I was an Experimenter (Dominant Introverted Abstract Thinker).

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Hilarious and creative questions! :rofl1: Yes, definitely worth it!

(Not sure I like the whole "submissive" instead of "perceiving" terminology though! :steam: ;)

You are a Mastermind!
(Submissive Introverted Abstract Thinker)
You are a MASTERMIND (SIAT). You can be silent and withdrawn, but behind your reserved exterior lies an active mind that allows you to analyze situations and come up with creative, unexpected solutions. Normal people call this scheming.

Anyway, your sense of style and originality are your strengths, and people will respect your judgment once they get to know you. If you learn to be a little more personable, you could be a great leader--you've definitely got the vision thing down. Just make sure all the plotting you do behind those eyes of yours is healthy.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, apparently I'm ISFJ. That's a first. :)

You are a Prober!
(Dominant Introverted Concrete Feeler)
You are a PROBER (DICF)— curious, passionate, driven, and probing. You're the kind of person who can't leave well enough alone. You have a very strong personality and a sense of adventure. And you'd rather go out and experience things for yourself than take someone else's word for it. Some people probably think you're a maniac.

People have a hard time believing you're an intelligent person. Perhaps there's a reason for this? Time will tell.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
an ACCOUNTANT?!?!? I hate math! :cry:

(submissive, introverted, concrete, thinker)

wow- that's the most insulting description that I've ever seen!

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, apparently I'm ISFJ. That's a first. :)

An INTP I know tested DICT/ISTJ. I remember his bemusement at testing Concrete considering that he was studying philosophy and mathematics and was a decently rated chess player. :D

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Experimenter

Neat test.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Wait, they called the SIAT/ISTP an accountant? :thinking:

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

me;

An Accountant

23% are more Submissive than you.
57% are more Dominant than you.
20% are just as Submissive as you.

1% are more Introverted than you.
97% are more Extroverted than you.
2% are just as Introverted as you.

55% are more Abstract than you.
24% are more Concrete than you.
20% are just as Concrete as you.

2% are more Thinking than you.
96% are more Feeling than you.
2% are just as Thinking as you.

Why, that's shocking.

(Edit: but yes, accountant <> ISTP. You really really need to be a J/Dominant)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
nobody in their right mind would EVER hire me as an accountant! :D

I always thought that istjs were accountants, actually!

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
nobody in their right mind would EVER hire me as an accountant! :D

I always thought that istjs were accountants, actually!

Oh, they are... although NTJs are equally overrepresented (with Ps and Fs being the less frequent ones)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Whatever, I feel your pain.

I came up as a 'hippie' on the OkCupid 'personality defect' test too.

I HATE HIPPIES!!!

I'm taking this again...

It bothers me how much of an impractical slacker these descriptions make me sound. Like my favorite book is "On The Road".

And I agree, I am totally displeased with the 'submissive' term to replace 'perception' -- if that is indeed true.

Is SEAF same as ENFP?

You are a Guru!
(Submissive Extroverted Abstract Feeler)
You are a GURU (SEAF)— kind, knowing, giving. Like Buddha of old, you can be a persuasive speaker, and you use your creative talents to further the objectives of your heart instead of your mind. But be careful that your friends don't take advantage of your relaxed nature.

Above all, you like going with the flow. That's cool. Oh yeah, you like to talk a lot. That's cool, too. Whatever.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
You are a Judge!
(Dominant Introverted Concrete Thinker)
You are a JUDGE (DICT). Your affinity for facts and analytical approach to life help you solve complex problems and make tough decisions that others cannot. But don't think that you don't act irrationally a lot of the time. You jump into arguments and hold grudges like crazy. You could probably use some love.

While some may see you as a bit overbearing and arrogant, your friends know that you are a trustworthy person with depth and a strong sense of righteousness. Although you are introverted and somewhat reserved, you have a forceful personality that your friends appreciate and your enemies fear. God help them. God help all of us.

Compared to 15,059,620 other test takers...
98% are more Submissive than you.
1% are more Dominant than you.
2% are just as Dominant as you.
3% are more Introverted than you.
92% are more Extroverted than you.
5% are just as Introverted as you.
76% are more Abstract than you.
10% are more Concrete than you.
14% are just as Concrete as you.
6% are more Thinking than you.
91% are more Feeling than you.
4% are just as Thinking as you.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
That's a hefty percentage for Dominant, Falcarius - you sure you're a P? :D

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
No, but they're very relevant for degree of job satisfaction as an accountant.

Any reason why you think this would be so?

I mean, ISTJs are about 140-160% overrepresented... while NTJs are 300-500% overrepresented... I'd think that if that many didn't enjoy it, they would likely move on... I don't know about satisfaction, but that's almost in line with NTJ over representation among upper management.