User Tag List

123 Last

Phantonym

Default Are you a perfectionist?

Perfectionism Test

Well, the results are not that detailed (unless you cough up some moolah, as usual), but analyzing the questions should at least give some useful insight.

EDIT: Folks, to save you from "several hours" of seemingly torturous experience, here's the abridged version of the test:

Perfectionism Test - Abridged

Your score = 67

According to this test, you have some perfectionist tendencies that may be making you unnecessarily unhappy. While a desire to do well, to do your best work and to explore your full potential can give you sense of satisfaction and personal fulfillment, you have to learn when it is 'good enough'. It is important to learn how to distinguish between aspirations and unreasonable demands.
    Last edited by Phantonym; 02-11-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: :P

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Wow, that took a long time! Good questions though.

Your score = 47

Perfectionism Score 47

What does your score mean?

According to this test, you have a touch of perfectionism. While this can be a healthy dose that keeps you trying your best, be careful that you don't neglect giving yourself a pat on the back for 'giving it your all'. There are certain limitations that need to be accepted, no matter the circumstances. Accomplishment and doing things well can feel good, as long as you don't make happiness and fulfillment contingent upon them.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

According to this test, you have some perfectionist tendencies that may be making you unnecessarily unhappy. While a desire to do well, to do your best work and to explore your full potential can give you sense of satisfaction and personal fulfillment, you have to learn when it is 'good enough'. It is important to learn how to distinguish between aspirations and unreasonable demands.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

46 or just a touch.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I'm somewhat perfectionist with myself about executing tasks in an excellent way, but I don't give a shit about what other people do and/or don't feel embarassed for social mistakes.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I don't need to be, I'm already perfect.

*takes test anyway*

PS: Questions suck on this test. :P

If I make a mistake, others will think that I am incapable.
    How would I know? Besides, I don't really care. If I had to guess, I'd say it's a likely. And if it's likely, it's mostly true, because you can't find someone someone partially incapable!

I believe that if I do things badly, others will reject me.
    Lol, ofcourse. You can't kill someones cat and expect that a simple hug will suffice. Weird question!

My partner is likely to reject me at some point unless I am better (smarter, better looking, etc.) than any other potential mate.
    If only there were such males. Completely false!

With most tasks, I feel that there is a "right" way and a "wrong" way to doing them and I am not comfortable with alternative ways of getting them done.
    Lol, seriously, if there's a right way, then all other ways are wrong. There can't be just one right way and just one wrong way and a lot of alternative ways that are neither. Question is completely false, therefor the answer is too.

I have been told by people around me that I focus on the problems in life and, even if everything is okay, I will always find something that bothers me.
    I deal with my problems myself, I have not been told this by others, yet I know it to be true. What must I answer!

Page two is worse. And page three, yikes.. "You are starting to get pretty stressed out." Like that would ever happen. And lol, question 30. At least it's proper hypothetical, but isn't allowing all that to happen say something about you in the first place? Besides, I create my own work.

In your house, the tools are kept in one place. LOL. I'm in someone elses house if that was the case.

Oh well... *ploughs through* I'll get to the score eventually.

... several hours later....

42, even though it means absolutely nothing.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    PS: Questions suck on this test. :P

[snip]babble[/snip]
    Looks like you want the questions to be...perfect. Perfectionist! *points finger* *the crowd goes: "Get the torches and pitchforks!"*

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

no, not at all !

*rearranges coffee bottles on the desk*

not by a million times !

*rearranges some more*

Perfectionists are Loosers !

*rearranges, rearranges, rearranges, leaves diasappointed to get more coffee*
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    abcd

Results of Your Perfectionism Test

Your score = 81

According to this test, you are bound by the cuffs of perfectionism. You set impossibly high standards that can never be met; either you impose those expectations on yourself, others, or a combination of the two. You may even believe that others expect you to be perfect. Whatever the case, this tendency is most likely making you suffer needlessly - whether you realize it or not. It's time that you became aware of your perfectionist side and work on toning it down. While a desire to succeed and strive to reach your full potential can bring you personal fulfillment, you also have to learn when good is 'good enough'. It's important that you develop the ability to distinguish between reasonable aspirations or goals and unreasonable demands. When you set unattainable objectives, you are being cruel to yourself and denying yourself the rewards and self-acceptance that you deserve.

I would ask you this:
    Does perfectionism relate directly with J?
    More J you are more perfectionist you are? Or not?