• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

High IQ Society

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Just came across some IMHO kinda snobbish website which is called High IQ Society. Here's the test INTERNATIONAL HIGH IQ SOCIETY | Iq Tests

So I took the test, actually it seemed pretty good- I would say the most serious online IQ test I've ever taken, pretty professional, well as professional as online test can be.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Would have made this post if you had gotten under the acceptance limit?

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Would have made this post if you had gotten under the acceptance limit?

Why not? I'm not that rich to pay for having a membership so I'm not a member of this website's community anyways. Don't be too suspicious, that's no problem I can delete my score- all I wanted is to introduce TypoC people to this test.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I got 98 on the test am I game ?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
22574761.jpg

145 for me

I took this test about a month ago when I saw they were taking it on INTPc. The only reason I have the image is because it is saved in my sent e-mail (I sent it to Hustler as verification, along with some screens of other test results).

Edit: lol the OP deleted her score. Don't be ashamed, you were just posting what you got. People post their scores for all sorts of tests on this site.

Edit 2: She got a 131 btw. She's a pretty smart cookie, if you buy into these online IQ tests. ;)

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Meh, 141. Apparently, knowing about Soviet foreign policy, Brazilian currency and being too dumb to use a calculator properly and relying on my head instead makes me cerifiably smrt.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
inb4 the average is 130 (which technically I'd contribute to).

poo

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I even passed the implicit intelligence test by not signing up.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Haha, god damnit, missed by 1 point, I did a Bayer Leverkusen :D.

Didnt even know in german what an asp is :D

lhzf7l4r.png

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
thx, next time I do it sober, promise :cheers: :D

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, god damnit, missed by 1 point, I did a Bayer Leverkusen :D.
Someone HAS to make a test where this is always the result regardless of your score. Oops! You missed it by 1.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"Havent I told you young man to not eat the raw fish !"

"RAWWWRRRR"

"Young man give me the tail, give it to me !!!"

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

"Young man that way you never get into the High IQ society"

"Brainzz, wantz braaaaiiinns. BRAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNSSSSSSSS RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRR"

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
95% of the population can not join the society, though this 'IQ test' was bullshit.

Check out the complete list of High IQ Societies:
High-IQ Societies and the Tests They Accept for Admission Purposes (1)

They say that the Prometheus Society deals with the most exciting topics and has the best public spirit from all the high IQ clubs.

"Havent I told you young man to not eat the raw fish !"

Actually, there's nothing better for developing the grey matter than raw fish :D

Shaunward

I've had a session with a professional tester in real life. I've found people don't believe the results and think me a liar, so I don't really discuss them.

Not that IQ is really a great indicator of anything. Just neat to know, like blood type.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Not that IQ is really a great indicator of anything. Just neat to know, like blood type.

I would be inclined to disagree.

Here is a wikipedia article dealing with IQ and positive correlations with IQ, more specifically.

Edit: I notice you use the term "great" as a modifier for "indicator." I suppose depending upon the degree of greatness, I could be in agreement with you on that part. I do not, however, think it is "just neat to know, like blood type."

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Here is a wikipedia article dealing with IQ and positive correlations with IQ, more specifically.

Edit: I notice you use the term "great" as a modifier for "indicator." I suppose depending upon the degree of greatness, I could be in agreement with you on that part. I do not, however, think it is "just neat to know, like blood type."

Although there is a positive correlation between a high IQ and success at work and school, one can plausibly argue that it is still not indicative of the fundamental qualities of a person's character.

Critics of the Bell Curve have raised the objection that the IQ test is manipulable and far too simple to be indicative of a person's true intelligence or other requisite merit for high performance as a student and an employee.

"Charles R. Tittle, Thomas Rotolo found that the more that written, IQ-like examinations are used as screening devices for occupational access, the stronger the relationship between IQ and income. Thus, rather than higher IQ leading to status attainment because it indicates skills needed in a modern society, IQ may reflect the same test-taking abilities used in artificial screening devices by which status groups protect their domains." (The Bell Curve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

In other words, because of the inadequacy of the IQ tests, it is possible for people to attain high IQ tests by becoming good test takers rather than by displaying intelligence. Similarly to how people can attain degrees from universities by becoming 'good students' rather than displaying an aptitude for learning.

I do believe that you are correct to claim that there is a distinct positive correlation between having a high IQ and success in various aspects of life, however the view of the poster you disagreed with has merit. It could be argued that a person's blood type would be as highly correlated with success as IQ is today under certain social conditions. That is, if universities accepted applicants only with one particular blood type. This runs a parallel today to how many only accept students who are able to score highly on the GRE or ACT. Generally, a person's score on the GRE or ACT correlates highly to his IQ and so are the grades. Thus, if a person manages to succeed in one of those activities, he is far more likely to succeed in others than someone who hasn't managed to do so.

Simply put, the reason why people who score highly on IQ tests succeed than those who do not is not because they are far more capable of doing so, but because society offers them greater opportunities. This is not to say that people who are intelligent are not more any more likely to succeed than those who are not, but merely that IQ tests do not accurately indicate a person's level of intelligence.

To exemplify this point, consider the fact of the multitude of dull, yet industrious and ambitious students who manage to attain BAs and often MAs. Since they managed to pass many tests that are by far more intellectually demanding than any IQ test, its difficult to imagine that with sufficient dedication and perseverance, they won't be able to attain a high IQ test result. It is a striking fact about our educational system that a person's grades correlate highly to his ACT or GRE scores which also correlate highly to a person's IQ. However, since we do not have the temerity to assert that a person's grades accurately reflect his level of intelligence, we are not in the position to maintain that standardized IQ testing also does.

In recapitulation, we ought to consider the question regarding the cause of a person's success on IQ tests, academic standardized tests and grades. Since the correlation between the three is high, we have a compelling reason to believe that the three are connected and stem from the same root. Is the foundation of the person's success his intelligence, or is it an ability to successfully learn by route? In some cases, it is the former, in others the latter and in some a combination of both ensues. Clearly a clever person would have an easier time performing well in all three activities than one of average intelligence, yet this does not mean that the latter shall be incapable of success under any circumstances. The apparent simplicity of the IQ test leads me to suspect that one can indeed procure a high score by route learning.

Shaunward

I use modifiers often to cover my own ass. I expect posters like you to question me. Consider it a pre-emptive counterattack. It's undeniable that there is some correlation between IQ and reality, I simply haven't bothered looking into it enough to draw a solid conclusion.

As for blood type, I could argue blood type is neat to know insofar as that my body will reject certain blood types if I ever need a transfusion.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I once had a couple of lectures on eduactional psychology. IQ seems to acount for about 25-30% of school achievement, though the lecturer didn't put footnotes in there to state where exactly she got the information from. I think they're taken from this book.